Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Razer Game Booster and other Game Boosting Software.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Razer Game Booster and other Game Boosting Software.

Teufelhunda
02.04.2013 , 11:00 AM | #1
I recently started using Raver's Game Booster. (You can check it out HERE) and I am having a few problems with software of this nature. The first is that the game booster allows you to open the game through the software, and the other 20 games I've used work fine with this software, but SWTOR doesn't open at all with the software. Now this is not a huge deal, due to the fact that I can start the game and then go into Game Mode with little to no problems.
The second problem is this though, Razer's Game Booster allows to ability to capture gameplay videos. Again this works with other MMORPGs, single player games, etc;; however, with SWTOR trying to activate the vid capture crashes the game.
Now I'm wondering if SWTOR is see this software as a "third party peripheral" and closing the game due to this, or is there another problem happening in the background? Anyone have any insight on this?

Packetdancer
02.04.2013 , 11:27 AM | #2
I'm going to guess that the issue is that SWTOR handles graphics setup slightly differently—as we've seen with stretchy/off-aspect graphics on some computers—and Razer's software doesn't handle that correctly. Again, this is just a wild guess.

FRAPS, however, does work with SWTOR. So if your issue is just that you need a way to record video in SWTOR, FRAPS will work. (As long as you aren't running it while you run SWTOR_setup.exe, anyway.)
Pahke Stardancer (Jedi Sentinel, Save Taris) / Random CS Forum Participant
Writer, photographer, software engineer, GAMER.

docTOR: SWTOR Launcher Troubleshooting Guide

Eterud
02.04.2013 , 11:55 AM | #3
Game boosters will not work well with Swtor,
this is due to the reason: Swtor has 2 .exe's and game boosters silently allot more CPU to the most used .exe that is opened. while taking it away from other programms.

There are game boosters such as Gamefire that run together with it.
But that simply doesn't work as it takes away the resources from the second .exe and allots it to the first - creating a slower game in total.

Pantaro
02.04.2013 , 11:58 AM | #4
yea i had the same problem with swtor and razers game booster i pretty much dont bother anymore trying to use it with swtor at all.

Teufelhunda
02.04.2013 , 05:50 PM | #5
I found that if you open SWTOR normally and then after you login hit ctrl-alt-B at before clicking "Play" the actual game booster works just fine. You just can't start SWTOR with the game booster. I was just wondering if there was any info on the activation of the video capturing aspect of the booster.

MikeTheDuke
02.04.2013 , 07:16 PM | #6
I would have thought that game booster does't do anything other than shut down services and processes that might chew up processor resources and memory resources. Launcher.exe is the login process, which then launches swtor.exe and then it will also launch another swtor.exe process. The specifics of what each preocess does it pointless for game booster.

The problem is launcher will end, when swtor.exe is running, so game booster believes it is stopped and therefore starts all services that were stopped. This is an issue that should be brought up with Razer and not BioWare since they will not change the way the application launches and logs in just to support those who use game booster.

As mentioned, it does work it just needs to be launched manually.
I post about Star Wars on my blog. Check it out
http://xnagamedeveloper.wordpress.co...ory/star-wars/
MikeDodgers @YouTube

OwenBrooks
02.05.2013 , 03:55 AM | #7
Last time i looked razer game booster was in beta, just checked, seems it went open beta in Q4 2012.