Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patcher stuck at 56%

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OwenBrooks
02.09.2013 , 02:45 PM | #21
Give this a try in case it is related to a similar issue.

1.Close the game and the launcher.
2.Navigate to you your Star Wars: The Old Republic installation folder. In a default installation these files can be found here:
•64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
•32bit: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
3.Delete the "retailclient_swtor.version" file
4.Restart the Launcher and let it patch the game. A few files will be downloaded but the process should be swift.
5.Proceed to login to your character.

Tiandrah
02.09.2013 , 03:57 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Give this a try in case it is related to a similar issue.

1.Close the game and the launcher.
2.Navigate to you your Star Wars: The Old Republic installation folder. In a default installation these files can be found here:
•64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
•32bit: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
3.Delete the "retailclient_swtor.version" file
4.Restart the Launcher and let it patch the game. A few files will be downloaded but the process should be swift.
5.Proceed to login to your character.
Well, I tried your suggestion. Deleted the retailclient file, restarted the launcher.....

and now I can't even get to my character select screen!! The game crashes to the desktop before I can even reach the selection screen now!!! God I am hating this game now!!! What's sad is I just paid to renew my subscription and now I can't even play. And I know EA will just say "sorry about your luck, we aren't refunding you anything for time you haven't been able to get into the game."

OwenBrooks
02.09.2013 , 04:04 PM | #23
Can you take out half your memory, try to run then take that half out and put the first half in and try to run.
This at least should eliminate ram as an issue.

Also Run fixlauncher.exe and the repair on the launcher

Alinna
02.10.2013 , 12:57 AM | #24
Can you take out half your memory, try to run then take that half out and put the first half in and try to run.
This at least should eliminate ram as an issue.

Also Run fixlauncher.exe and the repair on the launcher
Tiandrah here...for some reason the system is now telling me I can't reply to my own posts now. Hate these stupid forums sometimes.

I still fail to see how too much memory could be a problem. But, I did take one stick of memory out and try it, and then the other. Still having the same issue. I've run fixlauncher, delted files, repaired things with the setup download....still not able to get in at all. Just constantly kicked out to the desktop before I ever get to the character screen.
God didn't create the human mind. The human mind created God.

OwenBrooks
02.10.2013 , 01:18 AM | #25
Account issue for not able to use forums ? reset password may help or delete cookies and cache in the browser.

https://account.swtor.com/user/password/recover

Too much memory isnt an issue but if one stick is faulty it will cause issues, and you will get strange behavior normally on most windows programs more so on heavy games like swtor, browsing not so much.

Create a new windows user account and see if it will run ok from there this will indicate if it is something in this user account stuffing it up.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/w...a-user-account

Alinna
02.10.2013 , 11:11 AM | #26
Account issue for not able to use forums ? reset password may help or delete cookies and cache in the browser.

Too much memory isnt an issue but if one stick is faulty it will cause issues, and you will get strange behavior normally on most windows programs more so on heavy games like swtor, browsing not so much.

Create a new windows user account and see if it will run ok from there this will indicate if it is something in this user account stuffing it up.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/w...a-user-account
Password reset.....didn't work.
Clear cookies/cache....didn't work
New profile created.....didn't work

20 pound sledge hammer to my computer....most assuredly WILL work!

Alinna
02.11.2013 , 02:27 PM | #27
Wow...no replies? Really?

Ratae
02.11.2013 , 02:54 PM | #28 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello Alinna,

I’ve no idea what troubleshooting steps you have already taken, so apologies if this includes things you have already tried.
Please try the following:
  • Close the launcher
  • Rename the "Retailclient"-folder within your Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ installation (e.g. to "retailclient-backup")
  • Restart the client as administrator
  • Right after putting in your login information, click on the repair button in the bottom left corner.

• Make sure that your anti-virus software and firewall are not blocking the launcher by removing and then re-adding swtor.exe and launcher.exe as exceptions to both.
  • Go to this location:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
    Here, if you find a folder called 'Patch', delete it please.
  • Run FixLauncher.exe (also in the above location) as administrator.

Should these steps not resolve your issue, please go to www.swtor.com/download and download the setup file again and run it. (Please run the file as Administrator and add an exception for SWTOR_setup.exe to your firewall and anti-virus software).

This will reinstall the Launcher, it will not download the game content again.

If the problem still persists, could I ask you to try the following to flush your DNS:

1.First hold the windows key on your keyboard and press the R key.
2.When the run window appears type CMD into the box and press enter.
3.When the CMD window opens type ipconfig /flushdns.

When you have done this correctly, you should see the message "Successfully flushed the DNS resolver cache".

Please let us know how you get on.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Alinna
02.11.2013 , 08:54 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratae View Post
Hello Alinna,

I’ve no idea what troubleshooting steps you have already taken, so apologies if this includes things you have already tried.
Please try the following:
  • Close the launcher
  • Rename the "Retailclient"-folder within your Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ installation (e.g. to "retailclient-backup")
  • Restart the client as administrator
  • Right after putting in your login information, click on the repair button in the bottom left corner.

• Make sure that your anti-virus software and firewall are not blocking the launcher by removing and then re-adding swtor.exe and launcher.exe as exceptions to both.
  • Go to this location:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
    Here, if you find a folder called 'Patch', delete it please.
  • Run FixLauncher.exe (also in the above location) as administrator.

Should these steps not resolve your issue, please go to www.swtor.com/download and download the setup file again and run it. (Please run the file as Administrator and add an exception for SWTOR_setup.exe to your firewall and anti-virus software).

This will reinstall the Launcher, it will not download the game content again.

If the problem still persists, could I ask you to try the following to flush your DNS:

1.First hold the windows key on your keyboard and press the R key.
2.When the run window appears type CMD into the box and press enter.
3.When the CMD window opens type ipconfig /flushdns.

When you have done this correctly, you should see the message "Successfully flushed the DNS resolver cache".

Please let us know how you get on.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Well, you are in luck. This thread is a great chronicle as to all the troubleshooting/tech support tips and tricks I have tried.

I've done everything you suggested previously, several times. I've done a chkdsk, memtest, scannnow, and every other utility test there is. I've taken memory out, replaced it, swapped it, created a new windows account, created a new SWTOR character, done an DNS cleanse, cleaned my cookies, deleted my cache, did a clean boot, tried safe mode w/ networking, prayed to Zeus, offered up a virign sacrifice, and trampled all my small houseplant, and NOTHING has worked.

Only thing I haven't tried is renaming my retailclient folder....because there isn't on in my directory for SWTOR.

So, there's my record and chronicle of not getting in to play the game.

Alinna
02.12.2013 , 02:06 PM | #30
Well..I dared hope today might be different in my efforts to get the game to actually work right for me and let me play.

I tried everything that is reccomended AGAIN....then logged in. First time it didn't go to my main characters, but to the server list, then after about 5 minutes sitting there after selecting the server I wanted....crashed.

I rebooted, logged in again, and made it to my character select screen. All appeared as if it would finally work, then about 35-40% loaded, the mussic freaked out and the game crashed. Again. For like the 100th time in a week.

Getting real sick of not being able to play what I have paid for