Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Starting again

Zuhari
02.04.2013 , 12:28 AM | #1
So after 1 year of putting off Swtor, I finally decided to get back on the train. I have made a Sith Assassin, Sniper and Jedi Guardian. I got all of them to 40 but quickly got bored of them. Im just wondering what so far is the best Ranged burst damage for pvp and the best Melee Burst damage for pvp currently?

Elementlord
02.04.2013 , 04:18 AM | #2
Taking a shot in the dark here (I'm not particularly knowledgeable about every class) but I'd say Sniper Marskman and Marauder Carnage, respectively.

Jayshames
02.04.2013 , 04:35 AM | #3
Deception Assassin is definitely the best burst melee class. I was hitting 5k shocks with like 4 WH pieces. It takes barely any setting up and can also be specced into giving shock a 45% chance to shock again after initial shock for 50% damage. Maul also hits well over 3k and discharge aswell with the static charge stacks.

Though, with the upcoming expansion you can probably expect every class to have minor/major changes. Increased level cap means more skill points, more ability(s) and most likely skill tree rearrangement.

Heezdedjim
02.04.2013 , 04:51 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Zuhari View Post
So after 1 year of putting off Swtor, I finally decided to get back on the train. I have made a Sith Assassin, Sniper and Jedi Guardian. I got all of them to 40 but quickly got bored of them. Im just wondering what so far is the best Ranged burst damage for pvp and the best Melee Burst damage for pvp currently?
Best melee burst damage for pvp by far is whatever sentinel / marauder spec has Smash. It does AOE damage to up to five or eight targets that is higher than most specs' single target burst peak. And you can just about spam it. This is why pvp is overrun with sentinels and marauders at the moment. Get one bubble stunner and any five smashers together on one side and it's pretty much game over. Probably due for a nerf at some point, but so far BW don't seem in any rush to fix it.