Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

On behalf of my Commando buds: green beam in pvp? change please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
On behalf of my Commando buds: green beam in pvp? change please

NwahsNirom
02.03.2013 , 10:57 PM | #1
I feel bad for all my fellow guildmates that want to PVP as a Commando, but they find it totally unfair. I don't even play a commando, but I can see their argument. The classes are so well balanced as total mirrors... but this seems unfair. Commando healers can be seen a mile away by Sith players in PvP. Yes, we can see Merc healers cast bar and everything, but this is a huge difference.

I'm guessing this has been requested before by commandos on these forums, but I just wanted to add my two credits.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website

Ebon Hawk | Guild Leader | PvE, PvP

Atownarmy
02.04.2013 , 05:53 AM | #2
I couldn't agree more. The Commando in general needs work. My trooper was the most fun I had leveling, I love all the specs, it's a FUN class, but it's detrimental to you're team in endgame PvP when there are significantly better choices.

Now I heal on my Scoundrel. It's fun and inb a WZ I can get 300k heals and the other team never marks me and has no idea I healed. On my commando I'm marked in the first 10 seconds. It's just not as fun.

I love the game, and I will continue to play, but why not make every class enjoyable to play at level 50, if that's a viable option?
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Ebon Hawk | Legionnaire | International Guild

slafko
02.05.2013 , 05:06 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Atownarmy View Post
Now I heal on my Scoundrel. It's fun and inb a WZ I can get 300k heals and the other team never marks me and has no idea I healed.
Come to the Red Eclipse; our Imps are not tards.

iDraxter
02.05.2013 , 10:03 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
Come to the Red Eclipse; our Imps are not tards.
This^ I don`t care which healer class u are I will mark u the moment i see u casting heals and i will come for u the hole game

DrGun
02.06.2013 , 12:09 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by iDraxter View Post
This^ I don`t care which healer class u are I will mark u the moment i see u casting heals and i will come for u the hole game
LoL, the "hole" game?

Aramyth
02.07.2013 , 12:50 PM | #6
You guys get so side tracked.

The green beam needs to be changed. For pvp it's horrible. The Mercenary's stream of green bullets isn't nearly as noticeable as the green beam. Mind you, I only really use hammer shot if I'm in dire need of healing on the move or I'm out of ammo for some reason. It's basically like jumping around shouting "kill the thing on one side of this beam cause it's already dying, then come kill the other cause it's out of ammo".

MishraArtificer
02.08.2013 , 04:17 AM | #7
Stupid question from someone who has never made a Commando...

...does that green beam get smaller if you use a Blaster Rifle?
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

Aramyth
02.08.2013 , 06:16 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by MishraArtificer View Post
Stupid question from someone who has never made a Commando...

...does that green beam get smaller if you use a Blaster Rifle?
A little. But barely.

Wraiven
03.19.2013 , 10:30 PM | #9
Indeed, although I do not play Commandos, I can't tell you how many times in PvP I have with my Marauder completely obliterated a Healer Commando simply because they are so easily spotted in PvP. They are typically the first Healers that get the big bright Target or Star or Lightening above their heads. Not fun for them I am sure.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

iPvP
03.19.2013 , 10:52 PM | #10
yea that is pretty obvious, well hey, atleast ur dps spec doesnt fire a missle that leaves a smoke trail spelling out "kill me " . same could be how sorcs shoot lightning and sages throw small pebbels...
B R i T T o N
@ harbinger
The Squirtle Squad