Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher issue

Jijiya
02.03.2013 , 08:39 PM | #1
When I open the launcher I can log in just fine.. but then i have to wait a couple minutes sometimes for the play button to light up so that I can play. No there isn't a patch loading or trying to download.. i have them all downloaded and installed already. My friends Swtor loads up and the play button lights up almost right away.. and his computer is older, slower , runs on xp, has a lot less memory than mine does, and has a crappier video card by far.. he has to have his stuff on lowest settings and im good with mine at high settings.. His game takes longer to load after the pressing play than mine does though.. but I tried looking around the net to see if anyone was having this issue and cant seem to find any.. I mean the game does allow me to play eventually but just not untill i had waited a couple minutes.. I have a subscription too just fyi.

Packetdancer
02.03.2013 , 09:37 PM | #2
I am like 93.7% certain (give or take) that your issue comes from erroneous proxy settings; the game is trying to connect with bad proxy settings, can't do it and eventually gives up and falls back... but you're waiting all that time for the proxy attempt to time out.

Since the launcher pulls from your Internet Explorer proxy settings, you'll want to open Internet Explorer, go to the Tools menu and pick "Internet options" then click on the "Connections" tab and click the "LAN Settings" button. Make sure that everything in that tab is unchecked, then do OK and pick Apply back on the options screen, then try opening the launcher again.

Hopefully that fixes things for you.
Pahke Stardancer (Jedi Sentinel, Save Taris)
Writer, photographer, software engineer, GAMER.