Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shadow Tank @ Lost Island

Hovergame
02.05.2013 , 07:09 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by TheMarmalade View Post
Yeah I don't know what the hell happened here I thought the were talking about the first boss which can actually be difficult. Now they are talking bout shaclaw who is ridiculously easy. Only strategy needed here is dps kill three adds, stay out of yellow crap and dps the shaclaw. Not sure how much more simple it could get.
I said that too But some "OMG OMG I R ROXXOR" came and gave some "tips" about a "rotation". And this "tip" was more than a crap.

Siorac
02.05.2013 , 07:32 AM | #32
Yeah I don't know what the hell happened here I thought the were talking about the first boss which can actually be difficult. Now they are talking bout shaclaw who is ridiculously easy. Only strategy needed here is dps kill three adds, stay out of yellow crap and dps the shaclaw. Not sure how much more simple it could get.
It seems to me that sometimes Shaclaw is bugged or used to be bugged. I was taking unhealable amounts of damage as a tank right from the start even though I definitely wasn't standing in a yellow circle. We wipe and on next attempt the damage goes back to normal and I never drop below 80%. Da hell?

On my last few Lost Island runs, however, there was no such problem at all.

wainot-keel
02.05.2013 , 07:38 AM | #33
That's a short fight but if both the healer and the tank aren't paying attention, like really, tank can get a couple of crits and die.
I think that miniboss is more capable of killing a tank than anything else in all the other flashpoints (at least on the empire side) . I've seen it a few times and it's quite hilarious. "lolwtf .... what got me ?"

mikebevo
02.05.2013 , 08:07 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by RandomXChance View Post
when the healer decides everything is fine and thinks they have time to DPS. .
Any decent healer can do both and most of the time in PUGs they have to do both or the adds will never go down. The fight is so short I can burst dps at the start, while still keeping a eye on the tank. Hit coolhead and never worry about the energy the entire fight. Although that is all going to depend on gear. I would suggest healers in anything below Rakata may want to just keep their focus on the tanks and limit their dps to the adds hitting them. Which in 40% of PUGS will be all of them.

SorrowsShadow
02.05.2013 , 10:57 AM | #35
The biggest mistake I see with this boss is that the DPS do not deal with the 3 adds whose "spit" is really annoying and can see even high HP/Geared tanks drop quickly - the DPS should focus those 3 first, then it's a case of just avoiding the yellow circles
Nostrum Dolus - The Red Eclipse
Serenté (Sage - Seer)

Kitru
02.05.2013 , 10:58 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Hovergame View Post
GCD = 0.75s. No comment.
The GCD is 1.5 seconds. If you're going to spout numbers about fundamental time frames of the game, at least have the decency to not get it wrong.

Quote:
Slow time = 8s CD, Prject = 6s. I can throw my first TTK after 6s, you cannot before 8.
Slow Time actually has a CD of 7.5 seconds. It shows 8 seconds because the UI does not display partial second CDs and ends up rounding in cases where it would otherwise. Also, it wouldn't be "using TkT after 6s" for you; it would be "using it after 7.5s" because you still have to wait for the GCD initiated by using Project a second time to resolve before you can use TkT. Proj>ST>Proj is only 1 GCD faster than ST>Proj>ST, so it's not really a major issue (on boss fights, I always use Proj>ST>Proj first because it generates more threat faster than ST>Proj>ST, but I also alternate between the two use orders because ST>Proj>ST is substantially cheaper and you have to in order to maximize your HS stack generation).
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Hovergame
02.05.2013 , 11:25 AM | #37
[QUOTE=Kitru;5819423]The GCD is 1.5 seconds. If you're going to spout numbers about fundamental time frames of the game, at least have the decency to not get it wrong.
[quote]

Sorry

Quote:
Slow Time actually has a CD of 7.5 seconds. It shows 8 seconds because the UI does not display partial second CDs and ends up rounding in cases where it would otherwise. Also, it wouldn't be "using TkT after 6s" for you; it would be "using it after 7.5s" because you still have to wait for the GCD initiated by using Project a second time to resolve before you can use TkT. Proj>ST>Proj is only 1 GCD faster than ST>Proj>ST, so it's not really a major issue (on boss fights, I always use Proj>ST>Proj first because it generates more threat faster than ST>Proj>ST, but I also alternate between the two use orders because ST>Proj>ST is substantially cheaper and you have to in order to maximize your HS stack generation).
Of course we need to manage our forcE. I was just angry to see someone put as advice to use the taunt as 2nd spell.

-Sirus-
02.05.2013 , 11:57 AM | #38
I find combat log parsing to be a good way to figure out why an attempt or string of attempts went poorly compared to others. A good parser will pull out damage sources by attack, heals received, and damage taken in easy to read format.

Things you can spot in your log as tank:

1) Was I standing in stupid?
2) Were the adds dead?
2) Was I receiving heals?
4) Was I just unlucky and took X hits/crits in a row without defense or shield mitigation chance triggering?

lpope
02.05.2013 , 12:41 PM | #39
It sounds like you are talking about the Shaclaw. If that is the case, I suspect the issue is that you got hit by a graphical bug where you are actually standing in a invisible yellow circle. You take damage as though you are in one but low and behold it's not there. I'm pretty sure it puts a stacking dot on you (been awhile since I tanked it so not entirely sure), so that and the red damage text can clue you in.

A similar graphical glitch can occur on the robot boss on Boarding Party. In that FP, the lightning streams display, but in the wrong locations. So you may think that you are safe, but you actually take damage. Again, the red damage text is an indicator to move.

It sucks that these glitches occur, but if you wipe; they typically don't happen the next time around.

Kabolt
02.05.2013 , 06:17 PM | #40
I said that too But some "OMG OMG I R ROXXOR" came and gave some "tips" about a "rotation". And this "tip" was more than a crap.
LOL, I think you need therapy sunshine, good manners cost nothing, people have the right to make suggestions and recommendations with out the likes of you ******** on them, you don't know me, you have never seen me tank and you are not aware of my endgame stats.

Yet you are able to make assumptions about me based poorly on your own abilities, perhaps if you don't have anything productive to add to the conversation, you should in future just ****.

Of course we need to manage our forcE. I was just angry to see someone put as advice to use the taunt as 2nd spell.
Aww, you poor wee thing, here's a Cookie.

Quote: Originally Posted by -Sirus- View Post
I find combat log parsing to be a good way to figure out why an attempt or string of attempts went poorly compared to others. A good parser will pull out damage sources by attack, heals received, and damage taken in easy to read format.

Things you can spot in your log as tank:

1) Was I standing in stupid?
2) Were the adds dead?
2) Was I receiving heals?
4) Was I just unlucky and took X hits/crits in a row without defense or shield mitigation chance triggering?
Forgot about that actually, you could also try this, works for me.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog/upload