Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do people say lowbie PvP is good?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why do people say lowbie PvP is good?

Larius
02.03.2013 , 03:23 PM | #11
I find that in pre 50 pvp there is alot less CC'ing going on making the pvp much more enjoyable. It's not fun (especially playing a healer) to spend 15 seconds strait stunlocked and then having a Bukaki spent on you like you get in 50 pvp. Happens even when you have fully augmented WH gear.

Jayshames
02.03.2013 , 03:32 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
This. If you keep your gear updated you'll have like 14k hp and higher stats while others have 11-12k and lower stats. It's a big *** difference.

The difference is even larger when you get people who use purp items and augment their gear.
Mhm, I seen a sin tank earleir with 17k hp in pre50 (was level 49)

Makes me wonder what kind of damage I could do as level 49, fully purple modded/augmented as smash monkey.

MiaRB
02.03.2013 , 03:33 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Larius View Post
I find that in pre 50 pvp there is alot less CC'ing going on making the pvp much more enjoyable. It's not fun (especially playing a healer) to spend 15 seconds strait stunlocked and then having a Bukaki spent on you like you get in 50 pvp. Happens even when you have fully augmented WH gear.
there is less CC because most people in pre-50 WZs dont even have half of their skills yet. usually people who say pre-50 WZs are fun are people who twink and stay at lvl 49 forever. im sure they love having all their skills and full skill trees minus 1 point and fighting against lowbies dont have many skills to use.

pre-50 WZs are about as fun and challenging as ganking lowbies on tatooine is.
can't wait for this game to come out!

Washingtoon
02.03.2013 , 03:42 PM | #14
Think it has a lot to do with the class you are on. Warriors get their best abilties late and benefit from power stacking at 50 so they're probably going to prefer lvl 50 PvP. If you on the other hand is a sorc and can 1 vs 3 people in lowbie from lvl 10, somehting that rarely works out at 50 against equally geared opponents (regardless of their skill since even a monkey can hit a key and deal 7K blows) , you're going to think that it's awesome down there. I can imagine that a lot of mercs/commandos would prefer lowbie too, on behalf of actually being somewhat viable. Hence, it's once again partly a balance issue, not in the sense that people should expect classes to be perfectly balanced while leveling but because some AC'es go from being on par/good even to "not so good".

Jayshames
02.03.2013 , 03:45 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Washingtoon View Post
Think it has a lot to do with the class you are on. Warriors get their best abilties late and benefit from power stacking at 50 so they're probably going to prefer lvl 50 PvP. If you on the other hand is a sorc and can 1 vs 3 people in lowbie from lvl 10, somehting that rarely works out at 50 against equally geared opponents (regardless of their skill since even a monkey can hit a key and deal 7K blows) , you're going to think that it's awesome down there. I can imagine that a lot of mercs/commandos would prefer lowbie too, on behalf of actually being somewhat viable. Hence, it's once again partly a balance issue, not in the sense that people should expect classes to be perfectly balance while leveling but because some AC'es go from being on par/good even to "not so good".
I shelved my Merc long time ago, but I went back on earlier for a shot, from level 23-25 I think I came top damage like every single game, and I wasn't running around spreading DoTs. It's pretty fun since barely anyone bothers to come after you, and the root from setting enemys on fire just makes them give up lol.

dcgregorya
02.03.2013 , 03:46 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
the bolster effect scales. there is a gear grind. if you don't constantly upgrade, while I do, I'm going to absolutely crush you on gear alone. there are no tiers (other than the 3 colors). however, there are levels. and a 25 wearing something for a 15 usually isn't such a good idea.
Keeping up to date gear while leveling/crafting is trivially easy. You don't need to grind thousands of comms for it.

dcgregorya
02.03.2013 , 03:48 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post
there is less CC because most people in pre-50 WZs dont even have half of their skills yet. usually people who say pre-50 WZs are fun are people who twink and stay at lvl 49 forever. im sure they love having all their skills and full skill trees minus 1 point and fighting against lowbies dont have many skills to use.

pre-50 WZs are about as fun and challenging as ganking lowbies on tatooine is.
Eh, that's nonsense. The only class I haven't dominated WZ's pre-20 with was juggernaut. Every other class did just fine all the way from 10 to 50. And jugg was fine as soon as I got to 26. Part of the fun of lowbie warzones is crushing some level 49 marauder with your level 12 sentinel.

Hexdoll
02.03.2013 , 03:50 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
Eh, that's nonsense. The only class I haven't dominated WZ's pre-20 with was juggernaut. Every other class did just fine all the way from 10 to 50. And jugg was fine as soon as I got to 26. Part of the fun of lowbie warzones is crushing some level 49 marauder with your level 12 sentinel.
I would say OPR/SCR dont do that hot in low levels.

TheMove
02.03.2013 , 04:16 PM | #19
Its takes like 8-10 hours to get to level 20 and you shouldnt queue for warzones till than unless you want to gimp your team.
No one knows what it means, but it's provocative. It gets the people going.

V-Serp
02.03.2013 , 04:24 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TheMove View Post
Its takes like 8-10 hours to get to level 20 and you shouldnt queue for warzones till than unless you want to gimp your team.
Smuggler/Imperial Agents can actually be effective even at level 10. SI/Consular also can be effective. You need to do a lot of hit and run tactics but it's doable. Sadly for Sorc/Sage and Merc/Commando that's pretty much all they can do at 50 too, although that's not really fun if that's all you can do.