Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaggath Tournament - Revan vs Xizor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament - Revan vs Xizor

GarfieldJL's Avatar


GarfieldJL
02.04.2013 , 04:07 PM | #41
I actually think Xizor has the advantage from a starfighter standpoint, we can compare Revan's starfighters to TIE fighters, which also lacked shields (seems to be a running theme with Sith).

The starfighters Xizor can yield would be superior to Revan's starfighters in every aspect, because Xizor didn't just go for quantity, he went for quality (and he had the credits to get both).

If we go with Revan's capital ships being comparable to Xizor's capital ships (let's face it if Revan had shielding technology his capital ships would have shields, just like an ISD does), then Revan has at the very least an equal footing with Xizor when it comes to capital ship combat.

However, when the capital ships are about evenly matched (and if Xizor has Mon Cal cruisers then it doesn't matter if Revan's ships had more guns, Mon Cal cruisers had so many shield generator systems that they could replace a shield generator in the middle of combat without losing shield integrity in areas), we have to look at the Starfighters.

Xizor's forces would be using starfighters that are on a whole different level from the starfighters Revan would be using. While a dogfight is determined by the skill of a pilot, having the better aircraft is always a plus.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
02.04.2013 , 04:11 PM | #42
The Mon Cal cruisers has shields for their shields! Shieldception!

"Here have some shields for your shields, so you can shield while you shield."
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
02.04.2013 , 07:02 PM | #43
So there's been a lot of arguments like "Oh, Xizor has to gather his fleet." But this logic makes no sense. If you argue that Xizor has to gather his fleet, so does Revan.

Who's to say that Revan's fleets are ready to go while Xizor's are not?

If this is to be a legit argument considered, the same will have to be said for Revan. Revan won't be able to mobalize his forces anywhere near as fast as Xizor. Giant fleets such as Revan's are hard to move. It's not as if from "GO" he can start sending out fleets. And if he can, so can Xizor.

Basically, it's unfair to assume that Revan's forces will all be in ready-to-go fleets while Xizor's are spread out. If Xizor has to prepare his forces, so does Revan. Which puts the Darth at a disadvantage.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.05.2013 , 03:33 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
So there's been a lot of arguments like "Oh, Xizor has to gather his fleet." But this logic makes no sense. If you argue that Xizor has to gather his fleet, so does Revan.

Who's to say that Revan's fleets are ready to go while Xizor's are not?

If this is to be a legit argument considered, the same will have to be said for Revan. Revan won't be able to mobalize his forces anywhere near as fast as Xizor. Giant fleets such as Revan's are hard to move. It's not as if from "GO" he can start sending out fleets. And if he can, so can Xizor.

Basically, it's unfair to assume that Revan's forces will all be in ready-to-go fleets while Xizor's are spread out. If Xizor has to prepare his forces, so does Revan. Which puts the Darth at a disadvantage.
You make a good point, but I think the logic there was that Xizor would have to buy up a navy first, while Revan already has one to hand. However its likely that Xizor had several fleets available across the Outer Rim. But then again I doubt Xizor has a large enough force at hand to take Revan head on...

Oh and concerning the Mon Calamari Star Cruisers, the Black Sun didn't actually use them (and even then only one) until 137 ABY when Xizor was no longer in power - however it is feasible to say he could buy some.

Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Edit: And what era of the galaxy is this taking place? Xizor's era? Revan's era? Or when the galaxy is at its strongest (Probably NJO era or Legacy era)?
Doesn't really matter TBH as all other organisations are not present.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
02.05.2013 , 10:20 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
You make a good point, but I think the logic there was that Xizor would have to buy up a navy first, while Revan already has one to hand. However its likely that Xizor had several fleets available across the Outer Rim. But then again I doubt Xizor has a large enough force at hand to take Revan head on...

Oh and concerning the Mon Calamari Star Cruisers, the Black Sun didn't actually use them (and even then only one) until 137 ABY when Xizor was no longer in power - however it is feasible to say he could buy some.


Doesn't really matter TBH as all other organisations are not present.
He can buy anything! Credits make the galaxy go.....uh round? Oooo idea! He builds huge cannons on his ships, that literally fire credits at his enemies. Talk about taking the "throwing money at all your problems until they go away" literally. Ok yes, I am being a rascal right now sorry.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

-Star-Scream-'s Avatar


-Star-Scream-
02.05.2013 , 10:47 AM | #46
Am i the only one thinking that these Kaggath's are slowly becoming a bit too unfair in a sense? Don't get me wrong, i love seeing how people's opinions turn out. But it's getting to the point where all i'm seeing is things such as:
"Xizor was a crime lord and rich. He buys anything he wants! So he'll buy a fleet of Mon Cal cruisers bigger than any fleet in history then he'll crush so and so"
Now i know nobody has kinda said that yet! But i wouldn't put it past some people. Surely there has to be a limit to what credits can do?

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.05.2013 , 11:05 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by -Star-Scream- View Post
Am i the only one thinking that these Kaggath's are slowly becoming a bit too unfair in a sense? Don't get me wrong, i love seeing how people's opinions turn out. But it's getting to the point where all i'm seeing is things such as:
"Xizor was a crime lord and rich. He buys anything he wants! So he'll buy a fleet of Mon Cal cruisers bigger than any fleet in history then he'll crush so and so"
Now i know nobody has kinda said that yet! But i wouldn't put it past some people. Surely there has to be a limit to what credits can do?
Of course, and that limit is time. Xizor has loads of credits but he has to convert that cash into a fleet, whereas Revan has a fleet on hand.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
02.05.2013 , 01:07 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by -Star-Scream- View Post
Am i the only one thinking that these Kaggath's are slowly becoming a bit too unfair in a sense? Don't get me wrong, i love seeing how people's opinions turn out. But it's getting to the point where all i'm seeing is things such as:
"Xizor was a crime lord and rich. He buys anything he wants! So he'll buy a fleet of Mon Cal cruisers bigger than any fleet in history then he'll crush so and so"
Now i know nobody has kinda said that yet! But i wouldn't put it past some people. Surely there has to be a limit to what credits can do?
Not really, if you have the money, you can pretty much do whatever you want, the only thing you have to worry about is time. It'll take time to get things organized and sent to Xizor's troops and the like, though he does have a standing fleet already he can make it bigger with time.

"He who controls the money, controls the market and in turn controls the galaxy." So to speak.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
02.05.2013 , 04:51 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by -Star-Scream- View Post
Am i the only one thinking that these Kaggath's are slowly becoming a bit too unfair in a sense? Don't get me wrong, i love seeing how people's opinions turn out. But it's getting to the point where all i'm seeing is things such as:
"Xizor was a crime lord and rich. He buys anything he wants! So he'll buy a fleet of Mon Cal cruisers bigger than any fleet in history then he'll crush so and so"
Now i know nobody has kinda said that yet! But i wouldn't put it past some people. Surely there has to be a limit to what credits can do?
Xizor's main advantage is that he has a large amount of credits. But he's more than just bottomless pockets.
Quote:
Black Sun's influence was tremendous. They had a practically limitless amount of credits; more than enough to finance any operation they wished to complete. They ruled the underworld and few individuals or organizations dared to cross them or pose a threat to them
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
02.05.2013 , 05:13 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Xizor's main advantage is that he has a large amount of credits. But he's more than just bottomless pockets.
He is also patient and calculating, not letting his emotions get the better of him so he doesn't make rash choices. He could wait years, before acting out the plans that he made.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.