Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament - Revan vs Xizor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament - Revan vs Xizor

-Star-Scream-
02.04.2013 , 11:18 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Your right, however...that doesn't change the armament, it doesn't change their hyperdrives or their speed. Which Xizor's ships still outclass Revan's ships. Even equalized those Derriphan ships are still piss poor, cause their autoblasters are not accurate.
Well it kind of does change that. Armament comes under "blaster fire" and hyperdrive and speed are universal. Also autoblasters come under the rule as well. Otherwise this Kaggath would be a total whitewash with all the modern people decimating the older aged ones. Not a true test at all.

Wolfninjajedi
02.04.2013 , 11:21 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
I guess speed and hyperdrive is also considered universal.
That can't really work, the sith fighters are already stated as going only so fast which is only 1, 250 km/h(in atmosphere conditions, I don't see them going so fast in space flight.) The hyperdrives are staying as they are, cause no matter what they are all the same being able to go from point A to point B in such and such time, though in this case Xizor's ships are faster in getting there.

Going back to the fighters, they all vary in speeds so I dunno how they can be equalized if it all varies from fighter to fighter.

Quote:
Well it kind of does change that. Armament comes under "blaster fire" and hyperdrive and speed are universal. Also autoblasters come under the rule as well. Otherwise this Kaggath would be a total whitewash with all the modern people decimating the older aged ones. Not a true test at all.
I was speaking in terms of armament numbers, probably should have added the number bit.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
02.04.2013 , 11:31 AM | #33
OK I think I should put down some K-Canon on this. According to Wookieepedia:
Quote:
By modern galactic standards they were fairly small, slow, and ungainly, but the Sith battleships were among the most powerful and fearsome warships of their time, despite sporting no shields. One vessel was said to succumb only to the firepower of six main Republic warships, thanks to its heavy armor, and even then was able to cripple or destroy at least one of the opposing ships.
At the time they were considering technologically advanced, so the bold half of the above quote still stands. They can therefore take on six Republic warships of any period, have heavy armor, a Class 2 hyperdrive and their autoblasters are equivalent to turbolasers or whatever current era equivalent. They do not however have shields (Revan feasibly outfit them with shields however). If you want an in-Kaggath reason for this, lets say Revan gave them an upgrade.

And concerning Interdictors, they are the equivalent to Victory-class Star Destroyers and the Centurion is the equivalent to a Imperial I-class Star Destroyer - being a capital ship.

The reasons for the above being that Revan would be at a disadvantage in such a Kaggath as this purely because of the era his powerbase existed in.

NOTE: Concerning hyperdrives, attribute the Class based on the class of the ship. A fighter with hyperdrive capablities would therefore have Class I, a personal fighter likely 0.5, and battlecruisers 2.0.

Wolfninjajedi
02.04.2013 , 11:36 AM | #34
Edit: Wait hold on a sec...so what about the speeds of fighters? The autoblasters are still gonna be inaccurate. Now are you adding armaments onto the ships or keeping as what is stated?

Now wait a minute, why are you changing their hyperdrives? Before they weren't changed, I don't really see the point in changing the hyperdrive given they all do the same thing to varying degrees.

Beniboybling
02.04.2013 , 11:46 AM | #35
Edit: Wait hold on a sec...so what about the speeds of fighters? The autoblasters are still gonna be inaccurate. Now are you adding armaments onto the ships or keeping as what is stated?

Now wait a minute, why are you changing their hyperdrives? Before they weren't changed.
No, same number, different level of power. Still inaccurate (although more powerful) just not weak because they are autoblasters.

And I'm only making changes now because it is necessary, before this was never really a problem. In this case it only really applies to the Derriphan though.

Wolfninjajedi
02.04.2013 , 11:48 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
No, same number, different level of power. Still inaccurate (although more powerful) just not weak because they are autoblasters.

And I'm only making changes now because it is necessary, before this was never really a problem. In this case it only really applies to the Derriphan though.
Oh ok, well then Xizor's ships will still do more damage(or least the Venator) being Revan's ships just seem to be outfitted with medium turbolasers for the most part. Not to say Revan's ships won't do damage, it'll just be less then what Xizor's ships can dish out. Throw in the MC80 liberty cruisers, then its gonna take a lot of firepower cause them shields can withstand a lot.

Aurbere
02.04.2013 , 12:18 PM | #37
Oh ok, well then Xizor's ships will still do more damage(or least the Venator) being Revan's ships just seem to be outfitted with medium turbolasers for the most part. Not to say Revan's ships won't do damage, it'll just be less then what Xizor's ships can dish out. Throw in the MC80 liberty cruisers, then its gonna take a lot of firepower cause them shields can withstand a lot.
I agree on that point. Revan's cruisers may have been 'upped' in firepower, but they don't have the same number of batteries and weapons systems as their new equivalents. So in actuality, they are still inferior to Xizor's vessels.

@Beni But before we talk about battles, let's talk about speed. Where is Revan's fleet originating from? I would assume Korriban, Malachor, or Lehon. The reason I ask is that the time it takes for Revan to get to Coruscant is time for Xizor to prepare. And let's face it, the more time Xizor has, the worse it gets for Revan.

Edit: And what era of the galaxy is this taking place? Xizor's era? Revan's era? Or when the galaxy is at its strongest (Probably NJO era or Legacy era)?
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
02.04.2013 , 12:27 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I agree on that point. Revan's cruisers may have been 'upped' in firepower, but they don't have the same number of batteries and weapons systems as their new equivalents. So in actuality, they are still inferior to Xizor's vessels.

@Beni But before we talk about battles, let's talk about speed. Where is Revan's fleet originating from? I would assume Korriban, Malachor, or Lehon. The reason I ask is that the time it takes for Revan to get to Coruscant is time for Xizor to prepare. And let's face it, the more time Xizor has, the worse it gets for Revan.
Well this Kaggath is a little different from the previous battle. Namely because Kun led crusades while Revan led a war. Observe. Yellow is Revan, and Revan controlled much of the the Mid and Outer Rim, and had shipyards in the Colonies and the Core Worlds. And if we refer to our Hyperspace Travel Times Table, that means that Revan could likely mobilise a sizable fleet to attack Coruscant in roughly 4 days. Unless he sends a smaller fleet from one of his shipyards which would cut the time down to less than a day. But I think he'd attack with a larger force.

Thought: the positioning of Revan's shipyards in the Core and the Colonies means Xizor can attack them quickly, which could give him an edge in several respects...

-Star-Scream-
02.04.2013 , 01:54 PM | #39
Granted, Xisor's fleet may have higher firepower. But im assuming his tactical skill isnt as good as Revan's. Revan did win a war afterall. History has proven time and time again that firepower and better equipment means nothing if you can use good tactical strategies. I reckon Revan would most definitely examine the possibilities and pick the best one for him. Maybe a trap of some sort or force Xizor into an area where his firepower could mean nothing...? Just a thought!

Aurbere
02.04.2013 , 02:19 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by -Star-Scream- View Post
Granted, Xisor's fleet may have higher firepower. But im assuming his tactical skill isnt as good as Revan's. Revan did win a war afterall. History has proven time and time again that firepower and better equipment means nothing if you can use good tactical strategies. I reckon Revan would most definitely examine the possibilities and pick the best one for him. Maybe a trap of some sort or force Xizor into an area where his firepower could mean nothing...? Just a thought!
In order for that to happen, several things have to occur.

1. Xizor has to be a complete dunce
2. Xizor's intelligence network is gone
3. Xizor has to play aggressive

Basically, Xizor and the Black Sun have to turn into a petty small-time crime syndicate in order for that to happen. Not exactly plausible.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus