Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament - Revan vs Xizor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament - Revan vs Xizor

GarfieldJL
02.15.2013 , 02:53 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Can you give a quote or evidence of this? Cause I don't remember anything, of Vader doing as such. Xizor made sure that all of his involvement with the plan weren't traced back to him. His only foul up was uttering Luke's name when him and co were trying to escape Courscant, and being its at Courscant, the Empire picked up the transmission and Vader with the Executor arrived. Vader only suspected Xizor of trying to kill Luke, which worked in his favor cause he did.
If you have the book handy the pages are 281 - 286.

Warren-Stride
02.15.2013 , 04:41 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
All Revan would have to do is hire a very good data slicer and accountant, remember Vader managed to backtrace Xizor's little scheme all the way back to Xizor, despite all the front companies and dummy accounts. Xizor doesn't have the slicing skill that G0-T0 does, Revan would have a much easier time tracking down Xizor than he ever would trying to track down "Goto."
This doesn't even matter.

All this states is that Revan will know who is trying to kill him and why. And as per the rules, he already knows it's Xizor, and that it's a Kaggath.... so.....

Tracking Xizor's location is another thing entirely.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Beniboybling
02.15.2013 , 04:45 PM | #143
I move to vote, that we stop assuming things cause otherwise it gets into one huge mess. I mean how do we know that Revan's flagship has the same specs as the Leviathan which was one of a kind? We don't, for all we know it could have just been a regular Interdictor cruiser...I mean just because its a leader here doesn't mean that his ship was personally modified or anything.
K-Canon solves those kind of problems. Speaking of K-Canon. I think I'm going to outlaw any form of HK units, Revan did start creating a HK factory on Telos, but it was never finished. Sure he might have some schematics of HK lying around, but building an entirely new droid takes time and is not really worth discussing.

Anyway moving on, I think this is a perfectly logical assumption to make. The Leviathan I believe, acted as both Malak and Karath's flagship, as Malak commanded it when he betrayed Revan and commanded it from thereafter. Malak is second-in-command to Revan and has an upgraded vessel so it only seems logical that Revan would have to same, if not better - being the leader of the Sith Empire. Either that or he would have commanded the Leviathan himself.

Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Send the IG's to Revan's flagship onboard a cloaked shuttle, and let them work.

From here, Xizor has quite a few options. He can have them deploy a bioweapon, or simply destroy the main reactor. They would also sabotage the escape pods and any remaining shuttles to prevent any escape. Either way, it would be over for Revan.
Here in lies the problem. Getting onto Revan's flagship is the easy(ish) part, but in order to sabotage it these droids have to fight there way through hordes of assassins, dark Jedi, droids and troopers. And as soon as those IG's breach the ship, Revan's forces will be aware, and likely have stealth field detectors at hand. Basically the IG droids can't just stroll through the ship blowing up engines, destroying reactors and jettisioning escape pods. Everything will be heavily guarded. And as soon as Revan gets wise to what's going on, he will jump ship.

Warren-Stride
02.15.2013 , 04:57 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Here in lies the problem. Getting onto Revan's flagship is the easy(ish) part, but in order to sabotage it these droids have to fight there way through hordes of assassins, dark Jedi, droids and troopers. And as soon as those IG's breach the ship, Revan's forces will be aware, and likely have stealth field detectors at hand. Basically the IG droids can't just stroll through the ship blowing up engines, destroying reactors and jettisioning escape pods. Everything will be heavily guarded. And as soon as Revan gets wise to what's going on, he will jump ship.
IG-86's are droids. They don't even need to go inside the ship.

A space jump from the stealthed ship to the hull of Revan's ship would be the obvious first step. Then, many things could happen. But one possiblilty is that the IG-86's space-jump TO the engines, and sabotauge them from the outside. Fire a missle into them. Self-destruct themselves right on top on the engines.

Or, more likely, find a way (cut through the hull or access port or cooling vent or whatever) directly into the engine room. Explode the reactor and/or hack into the system to ensure self-destruct. Saying IGs would have to fight through Sith and soldiers and stuff is incorrect. This isn't a flashpoint. They won't be coming in through a hanger, they'll be going directly for the prize: the engine room and core.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Wolfninjajedi
02.15.2013 , 05:12 PM | #145
K

Anyway moving on, I think this is a perfectly logical assumption to make. The Leviathan I believe, acted as both Malak and Karath's flagship, as Malak commanded it when he betrayed Revan and commanded it from thereafter. Malak is second-in-command to Revan and has an upgraded vessel so it only seems logical that Revan would have to same, if not better - being the leader of the Sith Empire. Either that or he would have commanded the Leviathan himself.

But where is it noted that Revan's ship was better than or greater then the Leviathan? Revan's flagship is extremely vague and is just an Interdictor class cruiser. But w/e, I guess we can just go with it w/e.

Anyway...as to the boarding action, IG-86 droids have been noted to be unpredictable and some of the deadliest assassin droid's in the galaxy, so its not like they would go for the obvious boarding action as Warren said. One of them actually almost killed Anakin, if it wasn't for Ahoska, they have been noted to think creatively and logically. They are also durable being able to survive hits from an E-5 blaster rifle(in which is powerful) and they also possess great agility, example..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl9lT1EcmAA

And this was just two of them with regular E-5 blaster rifles, now just picture them decked out with illegal technology/weapons such as disruptor rifles, thermal detonators, mines, and so on and so forth.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
02.15.2013 , 05:21 PM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
IG-86's are droids. They don't even need to go inside the ship.

A space jump from the stealthed ship to the hull of Revan's ship would be the obvious first step. Then, many things could happen. But one possiblilty is that the IG-86's space-jump TO the engines, and sabotauge them from the outside. Fire a missle into them. Self-destruct themselves right on top on the engines.

Or, more likely, find a way (cut through the hull or access port or cooling vent or whatever) directly into the engine room. Explode the reactor and/or hack into the system to ensure self-destruct. Saying IGs would have to fight through Sith and soldiers and stuff is incorrect. This isn't a flashpoint. They won't be coming in through a hanger, they'll be going directly for the prize: the engine room and core.
Interesting points, accept blowing up the engines from the outside will not destroy the ship, just render it immobile.

The rest is partly speculation. I'm pretty sure cooling vents are internal, and that the only way you can get in and out of any ship is either through the hangar, or an airlock, as everything has to be pressurized and depressurized. If an IG unit where to drop through an exhaust port, they would be vaporized.

We also have to consider that the engine room and any other vital systems will be heavily guarded, that there is no direct route straight to the core or any vital systems, the ship itself will be on a constant red alert, and accessing an airlock may very well trip the alarms.

I think to pull this off successfully, Xizor would have to have a space advantage, so he can prevent Revan from escaping.

P.S. Wolf, I'm not doubting the abilites of IG-86 droids, those things are clearly deadly. But no matter how clever and logical they are, there are only two ways into Revan's flagship. And as soon as anyone becomes alerted to their presence, Revan will likely jump ship.

Wolfninjajedi
02.15.2013 , 05:41 PM | #147
Actually that engine scenario could be likely, during the battle IG droids sabotage the engines with a few 7-PrG Proton Grenades

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/7-PrG_proton_grenade

Or could just use some thermal detonators. Either way, the battle would just be needed to use as a diversion. Send in some Venators, V-wings, Starvipers, A-wings, eyc etc with other ships that Xizor can get while the IG-86 droids move in on a stealth shuttle, plant the bombs and there ya go one disabled ship.

Now yes Revan could escape, but an escape pod is sort of an easy target. Though even most were equipped with hyperspace travel, though it was limited however he could still escape, but then there is the problem of finding a planet to land on and fast cause escape pods don't have a lot of fuel.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
02.15.2013 , 06:16 PM | #148
Actually that engine scenario could be likely, during the battle IG droids sabotage the engines with a few 7-PrG Proton Grenades

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/7-PrG_proton_grenade

Or could just use some thermal detonators. Either way, the battle would just be needed to use as a diversion. Send in some Venators, V-wings, Starvipers, A-wings, eyc etc with other ships that Xizor can get while the IG-86 droids move in on a stealth shuttle, plant the bombs and there ya go one disabled ship.

Now yes Revan could escape, but an escape pod is sort of an easy target. Though even most were equipped with hyperspace travel, though it was limited however he could still escape, but then there is the problem of finding a planet to land on and fast cause escape pods don't have a lot of fuel.
Again, that's assuming they get to the engine room, which will be well defended. We also have to consider the scenario were talking about here. Revan doesn't have to take an escape pod, he can take a personal shuttle to another vessel. But that depends on whether he's in the midst of a battle, and who's winning that battle.

Canino
02.15.2013 , 07:29 PM | #149
The rest is partly speculation. I'm pretty sure cooling vents are internal, and that the only way you can get in and out of any ship is either through the hangar, or an airlock, as everything has to be pressurized and depressurized. If an IG unit where to drop through an exhaust port, they would be vaporized.
Who says anything about going in the exhaust port? Droids are safe in space, so IG-86 could get near a port, and plant explosive charges inside the port- causing a chain reaction and ending in a Death Star like explosion. Kyle Katarn and Luke have both destroyed ships this way. Would it be easy, no. But it is certainly possible. Use an ion charge to disable the turrets around it, and plant the charges.
P.S. Wolf, I'm not doubting the abilites of IG-86 droids, those things are clearly deadly. But no matter how clever and logical they are, there are only two ways into Revan's flagship. And as soon as anyone becomes alerted to their presence, Revan will likely jump ship.
With a gravity well, Xizor can make sure any escape pods can't go into hyperspace, and with an ambush make sure no planet is near enough to land on. In other words, all Xizor has to do is ambush in the right spot, and their will be no jumping ship. Even if Reven gets in a shuttle, he won't be able to go into hyperspace and will easily be shot down.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

GarfieldJL
02.15.2013 , 07:42 PM | #150
How exactly are the IG-86 droids going to even get on Revan's ship without being detected? We aren't exactly talking about the Ravanger here that only has a skeleton crew if that...

Revan's ship would have a full crew compliment, that means even in the midst of a battle, there would be the report of a hull breach, there are also certain key sections that would be under heavy guard such as the Engineering/Reactor Core and the bridge...

The IG-86 droids would be fighting against elite troopers and a bunch of lightsaber wielding Sith... I don't think the sabotage scenario is plausible.

In order for the IG-86 droids to pull off a forced entry into the ship, they would have to go through the hanger or use an entry pod, a hull breach would be detected rather quickly and an explosive decompression would be stupid for an IG-86 droid cause everything that wasn't nailed down would be flying at them.

Finally, I thought the Leviathan sported unusually heavy armor, that would kinda put a dent in the tunneling into the starship routine.