Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament - Revan vs Xizor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament - Revan vs Xizor

Beniboybling
02.03.2013 , 01:53 PM | #1
“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”

Bonus Round: Darth Revan vs Prince Xizor

Welcome to the bonus round of the Kaggath Tournament Semi-Finals. A competition pitting the power bases of the iconic Star Wars characters seen in the ‘Kaggath vs Series’ against each other in an epic tournament-style extravaganza.

The last battle, Xizor vs Traya vs Exar Kun, was as fierce and as unpredictable as its predecessor. But the odds swung in Traya’s favour, Kun was trapped in a ploy of her devising, and although Xizor managed to evade Kun’s apprentice, he too fell to Traya’s shadow tactics. But onto the bonus round, which will decide who claims 3rd Place in the tournament.

For all those of you aren’t aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

Before we begin, let’s set out the ground rules for the Semi-Finals.

• The arena: the known galaxy.
  • No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base, or any other prominent powers i.e. Darth Malak, HK-47, Guri.
  • No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
  • No surrender, fight to the death!
  • No alliances, combatants cannot ally themselves for any period of time with other powers (excluding non-mutual tactical ceasefires)
  • Combatants can wait their opponents out, but not if only one remains.
  • No superweapons, e.g. the Star Forge.
  • Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
  • Use your imagination: obviously these powers existed in a different time frame but let’s just pretend.

So, the combatants: Darth Revan was a powerful Sith Lord. He was exceptionally strong in the Force and a highly skilled swordsman, as well as a brilliant strategist and tactician. And Prince Xizor was a charismatic, cold and patient criminal mastermind; he was an expert in martial arts and an excellent marksman.

Revan commanded a powerful empire of Star Forged battlecruisers and an army of fanatically loyal troopers, dark Jedi and Sith assassins. While Xizor has the assets, reach, influence and wealth of the Black Sun – the most infamous crime syndicate in the galaxy – at his disposal. As well as a vast amount of intelligence, surpassing that of the Galactic Empire. But who is more powerful? And empire of shadows or an empire of warriors? Who will win?

Let the Kaggath begin!

Aurbere
02.03.2013 , 01:59 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
The last battle, Xizor vs Traya vs Exar Kun, was as fierce and as unpredictable as its predecessor. But the odds swung in Traya’s favour, Kun was trapped in a ploy of her devising, and although Xizor managed to evade Kun’s apprentice, he too fell to Traya’s shadow tactics.
Um... okay then.
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
02.03.2013 , 02:05 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Um... okay then.
Ya..am not too sure of that either...but anyway..

Revan's forces were just some defected Republic forces along with Mandos right? Not too well versed with Revan's army. Though wait, if Revan can't have the Starforge then how does he have Starforge made battlecruisers? :P
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
02.03.2013 , 02:19 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post

Revan's forces were just some defected Republic forces along with Mandos right? Not too well versed with Revan's army. Though wait, if Revan can't have the Starforge then how does he have Starforge made battlecruisers? :P
Revan doesn't have the Star Forge, but he does have everything the Star Forge made. And something that I should have brought up in the Grievous vs. Revan battle was that a good portion of the capital ships produced by the Star Forge were Derriphan-class battleships that were used by Naga Sadow. These ships are not very good compared to what Xizor can bring. They are essentially useless here.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

AshlaBoga
02.03.2013 , 02:21 PM | #5
Tie.

In the end Revan agrees to work with Xizor with a temporary (and fragile) truce.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

AshlaBoga
02.03.2013 , 02:22 PM | #6

Revans forces were actually a TON of defected Republic forces (he was very persuasive) and many Dark Jedi/Sith. I don't actually know if he had ANY Mando's in his Force
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Wolfninjajedi
02.03.2013 , 02:37 PM | #7
Revan doesn't have the Star Forge, but he does have everything the Star Forge made. And something that I should have brought up in the Grievous vs. Revan battle was that a good portion of the capital ships produced by the Star Forge were Derriphan-class battleships that were used by Naga Sadow. These ships are not very good compared to what Xizor can bring. They are essentially useless here.
Wow that is a terrible ship...no shielding? A class 4.0 hyperdrive with a backup 12.0? The only thing good about it, is the concussion missiles but even then, Xizor's ships can be outfitted with point defense laser cannons(in fact some of them already come with those). If thats what a good portion of Revan's fleet is then...wow.

Canino
02.03.2013 , 02:44 PM | #8
Um... okay then.
This. I mean, I'm happy for Traya, but I don't know. Beni, would you mind showing the tally points on this one? It just strike me as odd( I supported Traya though).
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Aurbere
02.03.2013 , 02:47 PM | #9
Wow that is a terrible ship...no shielding? A class 4.0 hyperdrive with a backup 12.0? The only thing good about it, is the concussion missiles but even then, Xizor's ships can be outfitted with point defense laser cannons(in fact some of them already come with those). If thats what a good portion of Revan's fleet is then...wow.
Well he does have the stolen vessels. Such as the Centurion and Interdictors, but that really doesn't matter when you have a good chunk of your navy being categorized as cannon fodder. Which is essentially what the Derriphan has become.

During Naga Sadow's time, the Derriphan was akin to the Star Destroyer. But now that technology has advanced so far, it can barely fulfill the role of light frigate. It's really not that good anymore.

Wolfninjajedi
02.03.2013 , 02:53 PM | #10
Well he does have the stolen vessels. Such as the Centurion and Interdictors, but that really doesn't matter when you have a good chunk of your navy being categorized as cannon fodder. Which is essentially what the Derriphan has become.

During Naga Sadow's time, the Derriphan was akin to the Star Destroyer. But now that technology has advanced so far, it can barely fulfill the role of light frigate. It's really not that good anymore.
Of course back then it would be, but way back when the ships weren't decked out with tons of firepower and having all the bells and whistles. I mean the Derriphan has autoblasters...no, not turbolasers...AUTOBLASTERS which are ancient in design, and not too accurate either.