Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Missing Legacy Abilities due to Ability Cap - Tickets 7745921 and 7830958

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Missing Legacy Abilities due to Ability Cap - Tickets 7745921 and 7830958

Slopster
02.03.2013 , 01:18 PM | #1
Hello BW CS,

I am posting this issue to this forum because my in-game ticket was closed without response.

I will try to be as thorough as I can

I am living under the condition known as the Ability Cap. Due to the known issue, I can't learn new pet/mount abilities. Now it seems that not only can I not learn some new abilities, but when I do learn new abilities, the ability cap retroactively removes old abilities.

It all started with ticket 7745921. I learned I had hit the ability cap when I was unable to learn a new pet. I ticket the issue to have the spent pet refunded to me, since I didn't end up learning the pet ability. The issue was resolved adequately, and I was granted my pet back. Later on though, while combing my legacy abilities, I noticed my Rank 3 Field Repair Droid ability was gone, even though I had had it unlocked since Patch 1.2/1.3.

I had assumed that the ticket resolution had somehow effected my legacy abilities. I submitted ticket 7830958 (back to the Item/Loot queue, since they had handled the initial ticket), requesting that my Field Repair Droid Rank 3 be added back to my Legacy Ability list. This was on 1/17/2013. In the days waiting for a ticket response, I noticed other odd behavior.

The next day my Priority Transport - Black Hole ability was also gone. I updated the ticket to notify CS, and requested THIS ability also be restored. Then I had a revelation. Over the span of two days when my Repair Droid and BH Transport abilities disappeared, I had also unlocked two more companions in my legacy. I thought this was too coincidental to be unrelated. At this time I decided to sit tight, NOT unlock any new legacy abilities, and wait for a ticket response.

On 1/26/13 my ticket 7830958 was closed, without resolution or any type of response. Additionally, the entire text of the ticket has been deleted, so I couldn't even refer to what I had originally written.

Today, I decided to try to test my theory about retroactive ability removal due to the ability cap. I unlocked my last three legacy companions, and immediately lost three more legacy abilities on the character above the ability cap (Slopster on P0T5). Priority Transport - Capital World, Priority Transport - Flagship Vessel, and Priority Transport - Outlaw's Den.

So as of this second, I am missing the following from my ability window on Slopster (although the abilities all clearly show that I've unlocked them in my legacy window):
Priority Transport - Black Hole
Priority Transport - Capital World
Priority Transport - Flagship Vessel
Priority Transport - Outlaw's Den
Field Repair Droid (Rank 3)

I have had all these abilities since they could be obtained, so they are major influences on how I play the game.

I understand that this is a known issue, and that it's clearly very complicated. I simply want a direct response about if these abilities can be refunded to me by CS, or if I will need to get my mind right about living without these abilities until they can be fixed by patch.

This was the only time since first day of pre-launch that I was unable to have my issue resolved via the ticket system (which I normally find excellent), which is why I am posting it here.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration!

Slopster on Prophecy of the Five
Slopster 55 JS / Slop 55 JK / Slew 55 SM / Sloppily 55 TR
Slather 55 SW / Slopstar 55 SI / Sludgy 55 BH / Slot 55 IA
Stay Classy
Prophecy of the Five (PVP-EST)

KillaDeuce
02.03.2013 , 07:17 PM | #2
I can't wait to see the response to this. Seems like they are playing the "If I can't see you, you can't see me" game.

*EA covers eyes*

LOL
Situational Awareness: improve your Unranked WZ experience
Charric - sniper - POT5 / Bastion
Verbäl - PT - POT5 / Bastion

Gonco
02.04.2013 , 05:04 PM | #3
I would like to see a response to this, as I've also talked to a few other folks who share this exact problem. Is there a strict cap or is there some bug on certain accounts?
Synnax - SentinelEnox - Powertech
Synquist - ShadowKai'rah - Operative
<Stay Classy> - Prophecy of the Five

Kwich
02.05.2013 , 02:07 AM | #4
Hi Pal I have been under the "Hiden skill cap" Problem since the first cartel pack. Mid December.

They are doing **** to either repair the issue (I think it is a major data bank problem which is hard to fix) or help people involved because there is a way that CS can help you/us.

CS once deleted one of my old mounts so I could learn my command throne. So it is possible! In your case even more needed to get your legacy skills back.

They should just delete some of your mounts you dont use and reinstalate the legacy skills.

They are just to lazy to do so! I asked them to free up some skill slots for me in like 10 tickets, First 2 were answered saying will be "soon" fixed in a patch. That was almost 2 months ago!. The other tickets were just closed and an generic email sent to my account, even if I was online at that time.

I put much time and efford into this game and am a subscriber since early access. I fear the game is dead and left to bleed out, The ROTHC will be last update as most if not all had already been produced when EA pulled the plug.

Cartell Market is not to add but to draw the last blood of the victim. Because why would you add pets/mounts at huge quantities if your customers cant learn them?? I have now 16 pets and 6 mounts resting on my bank unused!

You can see some more valuable information here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=586354

Have a great day.

Kwich
The only thing one has to fear is fear itself! ....... and of course standing in my way.....

Slopster
02.09.2013 , 12:44 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kwich View Post
Hi Pal I have been under the "Hiden skill cap" Problem since the first cartel pack. Mid December.

They are doing **** to either repair the issue (I think it is a major data bank problem which is hard to fix) or help people involved because there is a way that CS can help you/us.

CS once deleted one of my old mounts so I could learn my command throne. So it is possible! In your case even more needed to get your legacy skills back.

They should just delete some of your mounts you dont use and reinstalate the legacy skills.

They are just to lazy to do so! I asked them to free up some skill slots for me in like 10 tickets, First 2 were answered saying will be "soon" fixed in a patch. That was almost 2 months ago!. The other tickets were just closed and an generic email sent to my account, even if I was online at that time.

I put much time and efford into this game and am a subscriber since early access. I fear the game is dead and left to bleed out, The ROTHC will be last update as most if not all had already been produced when EA pulled the plug.

Cartell Market is not to add but to draw the last blood of the victim. Because why would you add pets/mounts at huge quantities if your customers cant learn them?? I have now 16 pets and 6 mounts resting on my bank unused!

You can see some more valuable information here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=586354

Have a great day.

Kwich
Actually I don't want this. I don't want old abilities removed. I'll just have to go get them all over again, assuming they weren't credited to me. I'd rather just wait and let it get fixed by patch then having to negotiate which abilities they remove.
Slopster 55 JS / Slop 55 JK / Slew 55 SM / Sloppily 55 TR
Slather 55 SW / Slopstar 55 SI / Sludgy 55 BH / Slot 55 IA
Stay Classy
Prophecy of the Five (PVP-EST)