Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

crashes to desktop as subscriber need ETA on fix

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
crashes to desktop as subscriber need ETA on fix
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

warriorcat
02.11.2013 , 06:41 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Will be interesting to see if this has an effect, i can understand the rare reasoning on the circumstances this may be a cause.

My recommendation is to do a clean boot prior to starting a defrag, less interruptions.
yes will be interesting wish i saw this thread be4 now not been browsing CS forums for a long while,

preforming clean boot to stop programs starting on boot up and the defrag incase it is a fragmented hard drive causing an incomplete installation.

could go on to say remove all temporary files ( %temp% when using search programs and files ) (said this although not related, helps to keep the main drive clean)
Aim the rockets at Tomb of Freedom Nadd!
Level 50's Darkri/Zeraya//Jess'e char slots used 11/12
level 55 Raffes

angelserra
02.11.2013 , 04:10 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
angelserra,

If Chkdsk did not find any errors the the following is most likely to resolve the problem:
Please complete these steps and post again with the details if the issue continues.
thank you ill try that

MikeTheDuke
02.11.2013 , 05:11 PM | #23
To give you an indication the crashes are happening due to an Access Violation. I am gathering data on this issue, including memory dumps.
I post about Star Wars on my blog. Check it out
http://xnagamedeveloper.wordpress.co...ory/star-wars/
MikeDodgers @YouTube

angelserra
02.15.2013 , 04:26 PM | #24
i have narrowed down the problem somewhat after a blue screen of death that said MEMORY MANAGEMENT error .. i took out some RAM that i had that was not matched (different brand) problem is that leaves me with 3 gig of RAM and that with my core 2 duo and geforce 8800 gts

i have done what the last bioware moderator has suggested reinstalling and defragmenting. There are NO errors within the repair feature.
so the best i can do with this older system at the moment, might there be a way that the game could release the RAM more often. I have watched it climb to 90 percent usage and i downloaded a program called MEMclean that forces the ram to dump if it rises to 90 percent. that seems to help.

http://www.koshyjohn.com/software/memclean/
Feature List

Trims processes' working set.
Clears system cache.
Monitors RAM usage and reports minimum, maximum and average (true average, not (min+max)/2).
Reports Pagefile and virtual memory usage.

OwenBrooks
02.15.2013 , 04:31 PM | #25
So removing the mismatched ram affects the crashes ?

memclean is likely stopping you loading into the portion of memory that results in the crash, ie it stops using that part of memory as memcleaner is unloading before it uses it. hope that makes sense.

faulty ram is still the answer with or without memcleaner

angelserra
02.15.2013 , 04:44 PM | #26
yes seems to be , i have not used MEMcleaner during all this problem i just went with it to see where my RAM stands within the game

OwenBrooks
02.15.2013 , 04:48 PM | #27
I think you have found your cause by the looks, matched memory is always best if you can afford it, try and have 8gb if you can.