The quitter Mentality

ChickenWangs

I see people whine and complain all the time when people quit Warzones. People ask for some sort of debuff or have even suggested to implement a quitter warzone group, where the queue sticks you with other quitters.

Let's go over why people quit:

Person A (The quitter) has half Elite war hero gear and could care less about losses. He wants to win matches and be done with PvP for the day. Person A decides to enter a warzone.

Upon entry person A notices Person B, C, and D. B is in full recruit gear, C is in BM gear as a Commando, and D is in sub par PvE gear. Person A decides to quit the Warzone because he realizes that with 3 players already hampering the team, the likelihood of them winning is significantly reduced.

Person A is usually more geared than the typical War Hero pvp'er. He is a skilled player, and yet he is called bad because he left a WZ due to poor team composition.

Now let's analyze what can be done about this.

1) Before hitting 50 you get 2750 commendations of regular Warzone comms. This will allow the purchase of Boots, Gloves, and Pants.

2) While attempting to get gear for your dps spec, spec heals in recruit gear to be more helpful to your team.

3) If you want to show your dedication to PvP, then while pvping at lowbee, ranked comms can be purchased from the vendor, allowing 3 pieces of War Hero to be bought as well as 1 piece of Elite War Hero.

I know people are going to come to the thread and say OP raged because people called him bad when he left the WZ; however this simply isn't true as I have never been personally attacked for leaving a wz. People I know have been attacked for leaving a terrible team.

Do your team a favor and make an effort to gear yourself before coming into 50 queues. It will strengthen your faction's pvp as a whole.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my WZ I'll leave if I want to. :rolleyes:

There are a helluva lot more reasons to leave than what you posted brother. Sometimes I wanna leave JUST because I'm the shortest on the team and feel like a midget outcast who can barely stand the skin I'm locked in.....ya know?

Other times i feel like this big gleepy giant towering over the little Narnians, all clumsy and.....being burned to bits by the smoldering stares of those who despise big people. So I leave rather than suffer such persecution. To make me stay is purely evil.:(

I see people whine and complain all the time when people quit Warzones. People ask for some sort of debuff or have even suggested to implement a quitter warzone group, where the queue sticks you with other quitters.

Let's go over why people quit:

Person A (The quitter) has half Elite war hero gear and could care less about losses. He wants to win matches and be done with PvP for the day. Person A decides to enter a warzone.

Upon entry person A notices Person B, C, and D. B is in full recruit gear, C is in BM gear as a Commando, and D is in sub par PvE gear. Person A decides to quit the Warzone because he realizes that with 3 players already hampering the team, the likelihood of them winning is significantly reduced.

Person A is usually more geared than the typical War Hero pvp'er. He is a skilled player, and yet he is called bad because he left a WZ due to poor team composition.

Now let's analyze what can be done about this.

1) Before hitting 50 you get 2750 commendations of regular Warzone comms. This will allow the purchase of Boots, Gloves, and Pants.

2) While attempting to get gear for your dps spec, spec heals in recruit gear to be more helpful to your team.

3) If you want to show your dedication to PvP, then while pvping at lowbee, ranked comms can be purchased from the vendor, allowing 3 pieces of War Hero to be bought as well as 1 piece of Elite War Hero.

I know people are going to come to the thread and say OP raged because people called him bad when he left the WZ; however this simply isn't true as I have never been personally attacked for leaving a wz. People I know have been attacked for leaving a terrible team.

Do your team a favor and make an effort to gear yourself before coming into 50 queues. It will strengthen your faction's pvp as a whole.

quitting before the game starts and quitting half way is wildy different.

u left out the part where all the recruits and pve geared noobs run straight to mid while Person A has to go cap the side node

better the geared player takes a possible 1v1/1v2 than the recruit.

the best is a recruit merc going to cap a side node.

Edited by cultivatedmass

better the geared player takes a possible 1v1/1v2 than the recruit.

the best is a recruit merc going to cap a side node.

ur job is not to win 1v1 at the side node pal its to stay 11m+ away from node and call as soon as u sight an enemy, if enemy is a stealth pop medpack, use CD and CC + u lure/kite the attacker away from the node so after ur dead he has to walk shtloads to cap thus buying shtloads of time for reinforcements, if enemies have 2+ stealth and u left 1 guard ya u just lost...and if u imagine that a team of recruits and pve geared are ever gonna cap mid or enemies home node let me tell u this bwhahahaha nop never Edited by iDraxter

ur job is not to win 1v1 at the side node pal its to stay 11m+ away from node and call as soon as u sight an enemy, if enemy is a stealth pop medpack, use CD and CC + u lure the attacker away from the node so after ur dead he has to walk shtloard to cap thus buying shtloads of time for reinforcemnts, if enemies have 2+ stealth and u left 1 guard ya ur just lost

Correct.

Your job as a node guard is to delay the cap as long as possible for help to arrive.

Anyone can do that, regardless of gear - it requires brains, not damage. :)

If player A sees people with zero expertise at the beginning of a warzone, I don't blame him if he quits.

But I don't think it's a valid reason to leave a warzone because of people in recruit gear or weaker classes on the team:

We all had to start somewhere and class balance is a developers issue, not the fault of the people who play them.

Correct.

Your job as a node guard is to delay the cap as long as possible for help to arrive.

Anyone can do that, regardless of gear - it requires brains, not damage. :)

If player A sees people with zero expertise at the beginning of a warzone, I don't blame him if he quits.

But I don't think it's a valid reason to leave a warzone because of people in recruit gear or weaker classes on the team:

We all had to start somewhere and class balance is a developers issue, not the fault of the people who play them.

indeed all u need is a brain and the "how can my actions help the team?" thought

There might be players with valor 1 that have no clue about pvp gear. I had a few examples and I explained to them what is pvp gear, where to get it, etc. They even asked me further questions. There are other reasons to quit, but because one of the players is in recruit I find it the dumbest reason to leave. I assume that you are referring to normal warzones cause in ranked everyone is wh/ewh min/max. Maybe you should try getting into a ranked team if your biggest issue is recruit gear.

It`s my sub and I`ll leave if I want to.

Depends on what "plan" I am at that time vs what I get on the field. My fun and well being trumps everyone else`s, and I don`t have any debts to anyone on my server. So, I`ll do what`s best for me... simple. It might be selfish, but it`s irrelevant to anyone else but myself.

I left a WZ at the last week. Usually I don't leave my fellow teammates - except this time.

One match earlier we fought against a 4 lolsmasher elite war hero team. They constantly wiped out our team.

Next match I meet them again. I quit.

So, I`ll do what`s best for me... simple. It might be selfish, but it`s irrelevant to anyone else but myself.

^

Welcome to the attitude of this day of age of so called PvP players.

Instant gratification and selfish attitudes without respect for the other players you joined into the warzone with.

And your wrong, its relevant when you leave, because when you do the % of a 50/50 win ratio goes down to about a 1% since 8 vs 7 isn't suppose to happen.

When you leave the other 7 people have to pick your slack since you wanted to be greedy about your feelings.

Anyone find this to be the case, or is someone going to tell me I am lying here?

Can't wait for a response.

Edited by Caeliux

Reasons I quit WZ.

Exceptions:

I never quit if it counts to my daily.

I never quit if it could be a 0-600 loss in civil war, i'm staying to stop that happening.

I never quit if I'm grouped with guildmates or friends.

I do quit sometimes (not everytime) the following occurs:

In Civil War if my team camps a side node for defensive comms if the match is still theoritcally winnable (ie the score hasn't hit the magic 1 to 2 ratio)

In Novare coast if my team camps the side node for defensive comms.

In Hutball if teamates are obviously helping the other side to score to end a match early.

In Voidstar if we attack first and don't get the first door.

In Voidstar if we defend and they cap whilst our team is chasing kills all over the map.

In any warzone if I'm on a losing streak and my team just plain sucks through random acts of stupidity.

I run into a double premade from one of the best pvp guilds on server and I'm in a full PuG group.

The phone rings.

It`s my sub and I`ll leave if I want to.

Depends on what "plan" I am at that time vs what I get on the field. My fun and well being trumps everyone else`s, and I don`t have any debts to anyone on my server. So, I`ll do what`s best for me... simple. It might be selfish, but it`s irrelevant to anyone else but myself.

Still leaving cause someone is in recruit is a dumb reason. The fact that you come here to advertise it is even dumber. Homer Simpson: the first step of failure is trying. Seems you are related. But sure your sub.

^

Welcome to the attitude of this day of age of so called PvP players.

Instant gratification and selfish attitudes without respect for the other players you joined into the warzone with.

And your wrong, its relevant when you leave, because when you do the % of a 50/50 win ratio goes down to about a 1% since 8 vs 7 isn't suppose to happen.

When you leave the other 7 people have to pick your slack since you wanted to be greedy about your feelings.

Anyone find this to be the case, or is someone going to tell me I am lying here?

Can't wait for a response.

Tell you what... if I PvP one full day and I don`t see ANYONE to quit over any reason, be it a valid reason or just "Here is this guy with half WH adn half recruit at 17k HP... I can`t play, regardless of 20k other 7", I won`t do it. Until then, no thanks.

Also, I`m a healer, so my loss is not that hard lived... one lolsmasher is better than me anyday.

I usually don`t have time to spare and 15-20 mins add up really fast.. sorry... it won`t cut it. Don`t like it? Tough luck.

Convince everybody else not to do it and I wont .. until then.. allow me not to stick around when a 4 man premade quits at T-10 seconds. Or 2 ... or the only elite warlord and I suspect fail game.

[EDIT]And since when is a stranger`s time more important than my own? Sorry, but you aren`t really realistic.

Edited by Styxx

Still leaving cause someone is in recruit is a dumb reason. The fact that you come here to advertise it is even dumber. Homer Simpson: the first step of failure is trying. Seems you are related. But sure your sub.

I never said I quit because someone is in recruit, nor it is included in my "to quit" reasons. You are confusing me with someone else.

What I did say was that is my own choice and I can`t care less of what others think of it. My time, my money, my toon.

If entitlement, in your point of view, means that I treat strangers over the internet as they are: strangers that I don`t owe anything to, then yes... I am guilty.

PUG SOLO: I'm sorta your 'A' and here's why

On Jedi Covenant the imps are lesser geared newer players with a more naive approach to WZ''s. The pub side is mostly 63 geared players and a toon in PVE gear never dares show up to ruin the party. They also have at least 2 healers sometimes 4 whereas the imps are a selfish sithian type that only think for themselves and healing isn't their way. You are lucky to have 1 healer and the pubs already have that one marked out.

So when you have an understanding of both sides it's more sane to "PICK YOUR BATTLES". The mantra leading up to PYB was a hard slog of fighting on teams where you died 5 times for every kill. Earned less than 50 comms a match and thought 12 losses to 1 win was normal.

That might give you some more perspective on the one or two wh/ewh geared players that leave moments upon arrival in a warzone who's team will be recruit/wh and the ever so lovable pve geared player.

I've only left a warzone once so far, usually I always try to stay, but this time it was a voidstar and we were defending, and 6 out my 7 teammates decide to immediately go left. So the other team goes to our right with full force, the rest of my team just stands at the other side while me and one other person are constantly stunned while they cap. None of the rest of my teammates even think that the reason no one is on there side is that they are on the other side capping. The thought of leaving never came so quick and easy to me that day

No point in spending 15 minutes in a losing game, especially when someone plays alot and knows how it is going to end. I suspect BW knows this, they keep making Voidstar shorter and Huttball lost a few minutes. Terrible geared players, people doing their own thing, not targeting the other teams healer at all, and not playing for the objectives. If most of the team is doing their own thing, than the quitter is not the only selfish one is he.

We used to tell everyone to mass quit to stop the other team from getting comms, people do not do that anymore.

It is better to get the defense comms than feed the other team medals.

No you are not lying but this is not chess, only so many ways you can win. Sometimes the other team is just better, it happens. Some people do not like trying to put a square peg into a round hole but stick it out for personal reasons, some just go for the defense comms for themselves, and some try their luck with the next queue.

I don't leave a WZ very often. Today was a perfect example of why I sometimes do.

Round 1 Voidstar, starting defense. I dropped down and turned left and stood in front of the door. One teammate followed me. The other six went right.

Six enemy players came to my door. Before I could even finish typing "6 east" and I type fast btw, the west door was already planted.

THEY SENT TWO PEOPLE TO WEST AND PLANTED VS SIX DEFENDERS WITHIN 10 SECONDS.

That was a pretty clear indicator that I was dealing with total tards. My presence would not have made a bit of difference, so when they lost (and I know that they did) my conscious is clean. It wasn't because of me.