Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

CC immunity is OP

Chlomamf
02.03.2013 , 04:50 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
Well, you can stun a Smash Juggy any time to your heart's content. Knockbacks, everything work on them immediately even after Charge if they do not have full Resolve.

And again, stun immunity is worth less than actually stunning someone. It doesn't stop your opponent from attacking you, from running away, from healing himself etc.

The only thing that is worth debating is whether Assassins should have both a 4 second hard stun and CC immunity via Force Shroud. Having both on a high damage, high burst class is a little too much.
Sins are completely fine, leave them alone. I think we should direct our attention towards Operatives.

This has nothing to do with the fact that I have a Sin alt.

JediMasterSLC
02.03.2013 , 05:24 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by ObscureKnight View Post
You assume you are the only one hitting any form of root / stun / cc on a sage. You try playing a sage and go against a lolsmashmonky.
And realize how easy it is to counter/kite them?

Helig
02.04.2013 , 12:38 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Hexdoll View Post
yeah if people would just learn to play their class then they would never get stunned or be knocked off a platform when running the ball in huttball ....... silly really all those respec that happen in huttball at the beginning, those people just do it for variety sake I am sure.
Dude, I think that, essentially, you mean that there's too much CC and ballistics in SWToR, which I completely and utterly agree with.

CC immunity itself is a necessary mechanic to validate the presence of certain specs. Without Unstoppable, Vengeance is terribly gimped Carnage without its roots, root-break and on-demand heavy spikes, raw burst neutered by DoTs. Yes, CC immunity may be a bit strong in certain situations, like Huttball. But it's only natural.

Certain mechanics shine in certain situations. By that logic, one can state that all pull mechanics are OP because they can be used to plant targets into natural hazards and cause heavy damage/kill them instantly. By that logic, we can call stealth+OOC CC overpowered because one defender can deny node caps for prolonged periods.

That's the nature of MMOs. Classes have different strengths and can capitalize on them in different situations. Unless you want an MMO with classes being merely "reskins" of eachother (WoW came dangerously close in WOTLK).
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Feztonio
02.04.2013 , 03:41 AM | #44
For a game that CC is a huge part of PVP and some classes only defense, to have other classes that can totally negate is quite silly. As much as I try, I cant see how a Sorc is suppose to defend themselves against CC immunity class or how it does not just kill huttball especially with on the spot re-specing.
yeah good point. SWTOR is stun, stun, cc, mez, root, snare, stun ... SMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASH. the nerve of a class being able to negate one of the 40 chain CC is beyond reason. if you can't CC, it makes it more harder to SMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASH.
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cave_Dweller
02.04.2013 , 05:30 PM | #45
You assume you are the only one hitting any form of root / stun / cc on a sage. You try playing a sage and go against a lolsmashmonky.
I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm talking from the perspective of a Vigilance Guardian, who has CC immunity for 4 seconds after a leap. You're talking about an entirely different class that's susceptible to stuns after leaps (unless they are dumb and respec into Unremitting).

In short: wat?

Cave_Dweller
02.04.2013 , 05:46 PM | #46
yeah if people would just learn to play their class then they would never get stunned or be knocked off a platform when running the ball in huttball ....... silly really all those respec that happen in huttball at the beginning, those people just do it for variety sake I am sure.
I don't follow what you're talking about. There's a total of two classes that are immune to CC for a period of time; sins/shadows and guards/juggs. I've never said that learning a class makes you immune to stuns or knockbacks. I simply said that understanding your class, in addition to the other classes in the game, gives you an idea of what to expect when you're in PvP. I just gave you the most direct counter to the CC immunity that Guardians have; move your a.s.s.

Additionally, you have to understand that this game isn't designed so that every class will be able to 1v1 every other class. As a Guardian, I start immediately calling for help if a PT or Sniper is inbound on my node, because I *know* they're specifically designed to exploit my weaknesses. The harsh reality is that I eat Sorcs for breakfast, because my class is designed to exploit *your* weaknesses. That's just the way it is, and that's what helps keep it team-focused PvP.

ZenomX
02.04.2013 , 09:23 PM | #47
I know parsing this bit of knowledge to you will be like trying to teach a pig to play Rachmaninoff, you have to have intelligence to measure it.
If you have a Sorc that can kill another player in 4 sec...you must post that, its a must see...that is going to be awesome to see how you can damage a shd/***, kill a mar/sent or jugg/grd in 4 sec with a sorc/coun and as a sorc I would take 4 sec stun immunity instead of a "hard stun" any day because immunity and force speed would actually be a viable defense.
If you are going to insult people's intelligence you should start by actually having a good grasp of the English language yourself.

ObscureKnight
02.04.2013 , 09:23 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSLC View Post
And realize how easy it is to counter/kite them?
Obviously you are not a heal sage then.
Shadowkeeper
Imps: Fd - Sorc, Xl - Sin, Rg - Jug, MissGuidance - Mara, Mirialan - Merc, Shd - PT, Noctur Pubs: Fde, bscura - Shadow, Starri - Sent, Glss - Commando, Nil - Vanguard, Inco'gnito - Slinger

Cave_Dweller
02.06.2013 , 09:49 AM | #49
Obviously you are not a heal sage then.
You don't know that. Obviously, if you're healing, especially as a sage, you need to have good teammates. As a scoundrel healer, I know how much of a pain in the *** it can be to try to keep everyone alive, only to have half the DPS disengage and thump you, and I'm a much more mobile healer, with decent defenses that allow me to utilize LOS and disengage from fights. Sages are more of a turret, but that doesn't mean they're totally defenseless, especially with someone guarding them.

Macroeconomics
02.07.2013 , 03:46 AM | #50
For a game that CC is a huge part of PVP and some classes only defense, to have other classes that can totally negate is quite silly. As much as I try, I cant see how a Sorc is suppose to defend themselves against CC immunity class
So how does your opinion change with Sorcs getting the most powerful cc (plus stun, plus root, plus damage) immunity in the entire game in 2.0? LOL.