Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Species Unlock Server Specific?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Species Unlock Server Specific?

qqemokitty
02.02.2013 , 05:22 PM | #1
Hi!

So, I am a little sad right now. >.< I came back after a year away, decided to subscribe, found out I could be a Chiss anything with legacy unlock and/or cartel purchase. Super Excite!

On the server I played on ages ago, I had a level 35 with a legacy unlocked of course. I went on that server and bought the Chiss unlock, which said it would unlock that species for any character creation I chose to do. It did NOT, anywhere, state that it could only be on THAT server. [Or am I blind?]

I went back to the server where I play now, went to make my new Chiss Inquisitor - low and behold, I am unable. I figure, well, maybe I need to unlock a legacy here first? So I level a character to 10 and begin my legacy.

Yet still, I cannot make a chiss inquisitor. It says it is locked.

So my query is: Do I need to buy MORE Cartel Coins and unlock this on a per server basis? Was this specified somewhere and I did not see it? Can the unlock be transferred? I mean, I tried to research and read very carefully, and since Cartel Coin balance is account wide, and I have met the criteria of level 10 and legacy unlock AND purchased the unlock and used it... I appear to have met all the stated requirements.

I'm sad. :*(
Let them see what is not there, and feel what does not touch them.
When they no longer trust their senses... that is the time to strike.

Packetdancer
02.03.2013 , 06:08 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
On the server I played on ages ago, I had a level 35 with a legacy unlocked of course. I went on that server and bought the Chiss unlock, which said it would unlock that species for any character creation I chose to do. It did NOT, anywhere, state that it could only be on THAT server. [Or am I blind?]
My understanding is that legacy unlocks apply to a given legacy. So you have a legacy on that server, and you bought the Chiss legacy unlock which, well, applied that unlock to that legacy. On a different server, you have a different legacy (or no legacy at all), so... the short form is that as I understand things, the legacy unlocks are per-legacy (and thus per-server).

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. That's something they probably could clarify in the Market, you're right. :/
Pahke Stardancer (Jedi Sentinel, Save Taris) / Random CS Forum Participant
Writer, photographer, software engineer, GAMER.

docTOR: SWTOR Launcher Troubleshooting Guide