Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Clone Wars Episode 16 Review


CassusVerda's Avatar


CassusVerda
02.05.2013 , 11:54 PM | #71
You know what else makes this so funny and delicious? Seeing Slowpokeking so butt hurt over Satine dying. What? I'm a Troll...It's in my sig!
EBON HAWK
"THE MANDALORIANS"
http://themandalorians.enjin.com/home
Aliit Kohr: Mains: 55 Snip Ba'slan 55 Op AP-XT (Assassin Droid) 55 PT D'Cassus

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
02.06.2013 , 12:38 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by CassusVerda View Post
You know what else makes this so funny and delicious? Seeing Slowpokeking so butt hurt over Satine dying. What? I'm a Troll...It's in my sig!
Have we met before?

CassusVerda's Avatar


CassusVerda
02.06.2013 , 08:49 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Have we met before?
Not that I know of, though trolling doesn't have to be personal. I'm just making you a target because I knew that there would be butt hurt fans whining over Satine's demise, which I felt coming, and before these episodes, knew was coming due to a guy on the Mando Mercs forum spoiling the details last year. From then on I knew that someone wouldn't take this news sitting down. It just happened to be you. It was inevitable.

Long Story Short...I'm a Troll Trolololololol
EBON HAWK
"THE MANDALORIANS"
http://themandalorians.enjin.com/home
Aliit Kohr: Mains: 55 Snip Ba'slan 55 Op AP-XT (Assassin Droid) 55 PT D'Cassus

Maaruin's Avatar


Maaruin
02.06.2013 , 10:43 AM | #74
If I was Maul, I would have killed Obi-Wan and let Satine watch. He already killed a loved one for Obi-Wan waaaay back in Episode I. Yeah, it will hurt him to see her die, but this doesn't quite seem the revenge I would want as Maul.

Or maybe even better: Cut Obi-Wan in half, like he did, then kill Satine in front of his eyes, then kill him/let him die. But not simply kill her and put him into a comfortable prison.


If I was the writer of this episode, I would have let Satine die in the ship crash. It would make much more sense than what happened. (Still awesome episode, though.)
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.06.2013 , 11:04 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
If I was Maul, I would have killed Obi-Wan and let Satine watch. He already killed a loved one for Obi-Wan waaaay back in Episode I. Yeah, it will hurt him to see her die, but this doesn't quite seem the revenge I would want as Maul.

Or maybe even better: Cut Obi-Wan in half, like he did, then kill Satine in front of his eyes, then kill him/let him die. But not simply kill her and put him into a comfortable prison.


If I was the writer of this episode, I would have let Satine die in the ship crash. It would make much more sense than what happened. (Still awesome episode, though.)
Maul wanted revenge on Obi-Wan, you can't exact revenge on a corpse. And as Obi is a Jedi, killing him would be pointless because Jedi don't fear death. He'd feel brief pain and then it would be over. Maul wanted Obi Wan to suffer and exploiting his connection to Satine made that happen, and that was just the beginning, Maul had only just got started. He doesn't care about Satine, she's just a pawn in his revenge against Maul.

I dunno about your last point, personally I really liked the scene when Satine died (no, not in a sadistic way ), it was really emotional, suspenseful, distressing and strangely, unexpected. Believe it or not but I didn't see her death coming until Maul ignited the darksaber. I think her dying in a ship crash would have been somewhat anti-climatic, and far less chilling. You wouldn't have those ghostly chimes, or see that sadistic, cruel smile when Maul sat on his throne and watched on. I think that was the best scene in the whole episode, even better than the duel.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
02.06.2013 , 11:12 AM | #76
Obi Wan enraged Maul to kill Satine.

Maaruin's Avatar


Maaruin
02.06.2013 , 02:23 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Maul wanted revenge on Obi-Wan, you can't exact revenge on a corpse. And as Obi is a Jedi, killing him would be pointless because Jedi don't fear death. He'd feel brief pain and then it would be over. Maul wanted Obi Wan to suffer and exploiting his connection to Satine made that happen, and that was just the beginning, Maul had only just got started. He doesn't care about Satine, she's just a pawn in his revenge against Maul.

I dunno about your last point, personally I really liked the scene when Satine died (no, not in a sadistic way ), it was really emotional, suspenseful, distressing and strangely, unexpected. Believe it or not but I didn't see her death coming until Maul ignited the darksaber. I think her dying in a ship crash would have been somewhat anti-climatic, and far less chilling. You wouldn't have those ghostly chimes, or see that sadistic, cruel smile when Maul sat on his throne and watched on. I think that was the best scene in the whole episode, even better than the duel.
Then kill Satine and slowly torture Obi-Wan to death. Maul just isn't someone to do some psychological damage, and than lock him away. It isn't really in character and to me it seemed like a cheap way to get Obi-Wan escape again.

When I watched the previews, I thought Maul would follow Obi-Wan and Satine and hit their ship hard which leads to Satine falling off. Obi-Wan tries to hold her, but in the end he doesn't manage. That would have broken the escape-capture-escape-capture-loop and would have been more in character for Maul. (I still like the episode, of course.)
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.06.2013 , 02:29 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Then kill Satine and slowly torture Obi-Wan to death. Maul just isn't someone to do some psychological damage, and than lock him away. It isn't really in character and to me it seemed like a cheap way to get Obi-Wan escape again.

When I watched the previews, I thought Maul would follow Obi-Wan and Satine and hit their ship hard which leads to Satine falling off. Obi-Wan tries to hold her, but in the end he doesn't manage. That would have broken the escape-capture-escape-capture-loop and would have been more in character for Maul. (I still like the episode, of course.)
Good point, but I think her actual death was more climatic and emotional because it was long and drawn out but also very sudden, having her slowly tortured to death or falling out of a ship wouldn't have been the same. It would have either been just long and drawn out (AKA boring and anti-climatic) or just too sudden to warrant any emotional response. And if anything shows more of Maul's character, he's brutish and aggresive, Obi-Wan angered him so she killed her in cold blood (lets also remember this is like PG rating - no torture ) But yeah, the escape scene could have been more inventive.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
02.06.2013 , 02:41 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Good point, but I think her actual death was more climatic and emotional because it was long and drawn out but also very sudden, having her slowly tortured to death or falling out of a ship wouldn't have been the same. It would have either been just long and drawn out (AKA boring and anti-climatic) or just too sudden to warrant any emotional response. And if anything shows more of Maul's character, he's brutish and aggresive, Obi-Wan angered him so she killed her in cold blood (lets also remember this is like PG rating - no torture ) But yeah, the escape scene could have been more inventive.
Which is what pissed me off about him and the Jedi.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.06.2013 , 02:47 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Which is what pissed me off about him and the Jedi.
From an in-universe point of view - but out of universe you can't complain, that's the Jedi way and its way that Star Wars is actually quite critical of. I think this is another subtle display of how the Jedi Code can be limiting and have negative rather than positive repercussions - and fits with the whole theme of the Jedi and the Republic losing their way and losing the values they once represented.