Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

It's a "Known Fact"

Foambreaker
02.02.2013 , 10:26 AM | #1
Was on a pubic alt and heard this in a WZ:

It's a known fact that the Empire is better in PvP...

If people feel they can't win then why play? Are these like people from WoW who are into "losing is profitable"? I hated that aspect of WoW.

Khalhazar
02.02.2013 , 11:43 AM | #2
I don't think it's a known fact at all. I play both sides and I suck equally no matter which faction I'm on.
Semah Valerian <Some Sith and a Spy> | Juggernaut | Begeren Colony

ZooMzy
02.02.2013 , 11:53 AM | #3
Last time I checked, Pubside had more PvP guilds and had better pugs at level 50 than the Impside. So don't know who you're talking about, but I think it's actually the other way around xD

Rerkk
02.02.2013 , 01:33 PM | #4
I agree, it might be the other way around. Imp side has: Grim Determination and Soverign as the pvp guilds.
Where Rep side has several guilds that pvp alot like Infamous, ASB, Company, DoA and a few others i fail to remember right now. at any given time your almost guaranteed to get in a pug with a few of them.
Zadi'an Legacy
Rerkk - Geyo - Zekan - Xek'o
Company

LaVall
02.02.2013 , 02:03 PM | #5
I think both factions have an equal ratio of good players and bad players... just the republic has more of both.
Ardevall - 55 Combat Sentinel
Lamissa - 55 Arsenal Mercenary
Nyemrite - 55 Madness Sorcerer
Ultanum - 55 Vengeance Juggernaut

Riggz
02.02.2013 , 02:19 PM | #6
Imps are starting to get better

I PvP on both sides and will say pub pugs are far superior to imp pugs.
Swear to god I saw a juggernaut in PvP with full tionesse/green gear weapons masters set. People like him is what leads to blow out matches
Urdnought Level 55 Operative
Urdonught Level 55 Scoundrel
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>

Foambreaker
02.02.2013 , 02:29 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Khalhazar View Post
I don't think it's a known fact at all. I play both sides and I suck equally no matter which faction I'm on.
That was my feeling, but I am no expert. I just hate it when people give up.

Syberduh
02.02.2013 , 03:51 PM | #8
Imp pugs are far, far worse than pub pugs on average. And on median. Probably on mode too.

When I see an awful pub pug I say to myself: "... Hmm ... I'll take note of him so I can gank him first/heal him last next time."

When I see an awful imp pug I say to myself: "... typical."

Can't tell you how many times I've been in a match and thought to myself "god, these guys are terrible for pubs" only to later realize it was imp v. imp.
Ushanev Syberjugg<Illegal Test Kitchen>
Because chicks dig orange overcoats and guys who don't die.
And streams. Chicks totally dig streams. I mean, right guys? They do, right?

Vivronkasaur
02.02.2013 , 04:00 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Khalhazar View Post
Pretty much the same, but I've only been doing 49-under pvp on both sides. No idea what it's currently like for 50's.
<The Initiative> | <Ambition>
Vyuka - 50 Seer | Zalj - 50 Medic
Kylu - 50 Sawbones | Temra - 50 Annihilator

stringcat
02.02.2013 , 04:36 PM | #10
First, Semah, you're awesome so take that humility thing to the curb

Second, I agree that if there's faction imbalance it's definitely in the Republic's favor. I've PVPed on both factions. In my experience, you can solo-queue on the Republic faction and still win half your matches. Impside, it's rare to solo-queue and get a win, unless you're in a premade or get put in with one. In Republic-v-Empire matches without any premades, in my experience, the Republic generally steamrolls the Empire.

That said, I rarely solo queue Impside; I'm usually with at least one other person. So maybe my perspective is flawed.

Edit: This is all 50s.
Valiya Illegal Test Kitchen The Bastion