Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stop Requiring Full Groups for Easy Content

Lymain
02.01.2013 , 11:38 PM | #1
My friends and I recently returned to the game. Not many of our old guild members are still around, but we managed to get six people together to do Astation Story Mode. We were having a blast through the first two bosses, but we were extremely frustrated to find that Master Controller was impossible without a couple more warm bodies. We tried to get two more people to join us, but no luck - had to call it.

TLDR: Please don't make easy content require extra people.

steave
02.02.2013 , 01:02 AM | #2
You actually don't need 8 people for SM, unless they patched it. I remember watching a vid of it being 4 manned a while ago, by running back to the west side of the room and exit it and then re-enter as the color needed.
It doesn't work in HM, but does (or at least did) in SM.

Eternalnight
02.02.2013 , 01:13 AM | #3
You need a stealth class in the group who can exit combat

steave
02.02.2013 , 01:29 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
Ah right, that's why it worked...good point.

Qvasar
02.02.2013 , 02:10 AM | #5
Yes, please.

It is very annoying, especially for those who, like I, enjoy runing operations with 4 or less people.

Some mechanics should take into account group size. For example on Operator IX a person should be able to choose more than one color if you have less than 8 people. On the Ancient Pylons on EV the clicker debuff should not exist if you have 3 or less people in group.

Also the group finder forcing 2 tanks, 2 healers, 4 damage dealers for operations is just annoying. It has reached a point where you have a group of 7 queued who can clearly clear the operationsand are sitting for hours and eventually give up because it doesn't pop!

CarthSeverus
02.02.2013 , 04:02 AM | #6
Not to burst your bubble,but these ops were created 8+ groups.Nowhere does it say that because you can 4 man it do they need to make it easier for you.If you can 4 man it,gratz on the accomplishment,but they shouldn't have to alter anything to appease ppl trying to overachieve in a 8+ man operation.
The Harbinger Server The OblivionKnights Legacy [] Mesho'noobo/Sith Sorc lvl 50 Carth-Severus/Imperial Op 55 Quibbies/Sith Mara55 Ashclown/Ptech lvl 55 Augumis/Jedi Shadow lvl 50 Jev'iva/Jedi Guardian lvl 50

Qvasar
02.02.2013 , 09:14 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by CarthSeverus View Post
Nowhere does it say that because you can 4 man it do they need to make it easier for you.
True, but...

When you have completed every single operation countless times in every available mode, and you are just snoozing whenever you do it you are very likely to grow bored of the game and move on. Allowing players to run the same content extremely undermanned or with weird group compositions ensures they can still enjoy the game, that the challenge is still there if they choose to pursuit it.

I don't want Bioware to make it "easier for me", that is the exact oposite of what I want, in fact I would prefer if they stopped nerfing content and significatly increased the difficulty in the game. I am asking for them not to introduce brick walls.

Operator IX requires a group of 8 (unless you have classes that can go out of combat). There is no way to avoid this, regardless of you skill and/or gear level. It's just annoying and uncreative. Same goes for the new [Heroic 4] on Section X... noone will ever have the joy of soloing it

Lymain
02.02.2013 , 09:42 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
Thanks for the tip. We didn't think of that.

Quote: Originally Posted by CarthSeverus View Post
Not to burst your bubble,but these ops were created 8+ groups.Nowhere does it say that because you can 4 man it do they need to make it easier for you.If you can 4 man it,gratz on the accomplishment,but they shouldn't have to alter anything to appease ppl trying to overachieve in a 8+ man operation.
Well, the point of having a Story Mode in the first place is to make the content more accessible to more players, right?

I mean, we tried to play the game with a more structured, "hardcore" style last year only to end up bored out of our minds farming Denova. So, we figure we'll just play casually this time around, but now the casual content requires us to have exactly eight people? You have to be organized enough to field exactly the right amount of people for each operation (or make extra people sit out), but if you're that organized, you're probably going to run through the content and end up wanting to quit before long anyway. It doesn't make sense.

AshlaBoga
02.02.2013 , 10:21 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Qvasar View Post
True, but...
Same goes for the new [Heroic 4] on Section X... noone will ever have the joy of soloing it
Soloing it? No, but supposedly someone 3 manned the end (I'm not certain if that's true since I can't figure out how you'd 3 man the grenade part).
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Monoth
02.03.2013 , 04:36 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Lymain View Post
My friends and I recently returned to the game. Not many of our old guild members are still around, but we managed to get six people together to do Astation Story Mode. We were having a blast through the first two bosses, but we were extremely frustrated to find that Master Controller was impossible without a couple more warm bodies. We tried to get two more people to join us, but no luck - had to call it.

TLDR: Please don't make easy content require extra people.
If SM is to easy for your group maybe you should do HM Astation instead......
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile