Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

WZ Cross Server + Choose WZ = More Fun

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
WZ Cross Server + Choose WZ = More Fun

Black-Cell
02.02.2013 , 12:44 AM | #11
Cross server wz would be amazing not because my server has dwindling numbers but because it'll diversify competition. No offense to ppl on my server but for the most part it's the same groups during specific time frames. Would be nice to see different teams

Belacose
02.02.2013 , 02:41 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by lucotas View Post
what do you think people?
yes and yes

AsheraII
02.02.2013 , 03:40 AM | #13
I think the system is fine as it is now. Maye a 10 minute deserter debuff, but that's about all we really need.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

Aebrynis
02.02.2013 , 08:56 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by paul_preib View Post
Most people however do not go to that extreme, most will prefer not to run something but not spitefully leave a warzone the instant the one they dislike pops.
I don't consider it to be an act of spite, not a conscious one, at least. If someone hates Huttball so much that they drop first thing, that's actually good - it allows the system to replace them fairly quickly. It is certainly much more preferable than waiting until the other team scores a point, and then dropping out, leaving their team in the lurch.

To my way of thinking, an immediate drop is actually good manners, rather than staying in a warzone you hate, and not giving it your best (and not caring that you aren't giving your best). That's unfair to the other players when someone just stays because it's expected of them, then does little to nothing to advance their team's victory prospects.

I don't mind Huttball. I won't sing its praises, but it doesn't bother me the way Civil War does. If I could uncheck Civil War and never play it again, that would make me one happy panda.

lucotas
02.03.2013 , 01:49 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Black-Cell View Post
Cross server wz would be amazing not because my server has dwindling numbers but because it'll diversify competition. No offense to ppl on my server but for the most part it's the same groups during specific time frames. Would be nice to see different teams
also you would be able to choose the wz which you like it
Working on my english.
PLEASE SUPORT THIS THREAD ABOUT ANIMAL MOUNTS!
Animal Mounts in the cartel market

lucotas
02.03.2013 , 11:07 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Belacose View Post
yes and yes
thank you
Working on my english.

AsheraII
02.03.2013 , 11:21 AM | #17
There are 5 warzones available at the moment. Allow people to choose, and you'll mostly see Huttball and Voidstar warzones and none of the others.

Bad idea, so I think a better system would be to allow people to pick upto 2 warzones they DON'T like, and "untick" them in a preference screen similar to the screen where you can untick flashpoints for groupfinder.
Unticking any warzones would ofcourse mean that those fights would NOT count towards the PvP dailies, only fights where you have all warzones ticked would count. Gotta be available allround to make it count.

As for cross-server features? No thank you, we REALLY don't need that in this game. Maybe big AV-classic sized server vs server battles, but certainly no mixed-server teams.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

lucotas
02.03.2013 , 11:45 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
There are 5 warzones available at the moment. Allow people to choose, and you'll mostly see Huttball and Voidstar warzones and none of the others.

Bad idea, so I think a better system would be to allow people to pick upto 2 warzones they DON'T like, and "untick" them in a preference screen similar to the screen where you can untick flashpoints for groupfinder.
Unticking any warzones would ofcourse mean that those fights would NOT count towards the PvP dailies, only fights where you have all warzones ticked would count. Gotta be available allround to make it count.

As for cross-server features? No thank you, we REALLY don't need that in this game. Maybe big AV-classic sized server vs server battles, but certainly no mixed-server teams.
that is why i am saying cruss server, we have 20 server. do you really think you won't get alderran or nova or hypergates or voidstar or hutball in 20 server?
Working on my english.

Twighead
02.03.2013 , 12:37 PM | #19
As much as I would love to choose my own warzone, it would make some of them unplayable due to teams specializing in a particular warzone by stacking professions that excel in certain warzones.

Cross server would be good for rateds, but would do nothing for normal wz's. Average queue time for a normal wz on my server is just about 1-3 minutes.

theSCARAYone
02.03.2013 , 01:09 PM | #20
An Idea on mine is the not choose the warzone you want to play just choose one warzone you absolutely do not want to play. (Would be civil war or ancient hypergates for me) Also the ability to set it similarly to the group finder where you don't want to queue for in progress warzones. I think cross server is a great idea though, faster queues are always better.

EDIT: More with cross server pvping. Set the game like guild wars 2 where you can have friends on other servers and contact them at any time as long as they are online of course. DO NOT do cross language PvP, at least not in the US. I could see it working in Europe, because most people speak more than one language there, but throwing someone in a match from the US with a team that speaks most French or German would be a nightmare.