Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Deception Assassin Opener

EatenByDistance
02.06.2013 , 11:33 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Cowflab View Post
You should never, EVER use crushing darkness unless its a last resort while being kited. Even then you're better off cloaking and resetting the fight. This is terrible advice imo. Spike is only a 2 second knockdown after all and CD is a 2 second cast. After accounting for the GCD after spike, being in melee range, you're going to get interrupted. You've now done jack squat for damage and given the target ample time to CC or snare you. Basically pitting you outside of a deception assassin's comfort zone of burst and control.
No. Bad. Wrong. Ignore this post.

I have been using this opener for a few weeks now. It is incredibly good but its heavy force cost makes it very situational in warzones. Great for dueling though.
Wakalord The Bastion: Hey im mvp
Watch my stream!
Quote: Originally Posted by Celsus
Nobody will get banned. Being a sub is like being white in the 60's, you're untouchable.

Cowflab
02.06.2013 , 11:51 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DemonJin View Post
Perhaps you should read over my post again before you open your mouth. You forgot a couple of steps between spike and crushing darkness...LIKE LOW SLASH. That is what you use to setup for Crushing darkness. And if they break the CC on low slash, you obviously will not use crushing darkness for the reason you pointed out. However either they break it and congratulations u just forced your opponent to use his cc breaker early in the fight, now the fight is in your hands. OR they let you cast crushing darkness and youve done some nice damage without even using your BIG hitters!! EITHER WAY ITS A WIN WIN SITUATION. If you dont like my strat, dont use it, however you prefer using your burst straight up and then ur left fighting w/o CD's as with my strat, ur already doing good dmg w/o having to use your cd's and only thing you wasted is a low slash which is on a 15 sec cool down, so by the time you get done with ur rotation and need it again its already up.

However like everyone already agrees on your opener is very situational, use what u think is best
So, you go from filling a ton of resolve in a low slash to cast a situational ability? I have played this game for a long time now and I have never run into a situation where this would be your best option. Spare me the "you're bad, that's why you haven't" comments. Most that know me would tell you I'm a good player who knows his ish. The only time I've ever had a good use for spike was a quick cloak into spike after a low slash>electrocute cycle because it leaves a sliver of open resolve given that a teammate hasn't filled it. So, please, tell me I'm doing it wrong...

EatenByDistance
02.06.2013 , 11:55 AM | #13
So, please, tell me I'm doing it wrong...
you're doing it wrong
Watch my stream!
Nobody will get banned. Being a sub is like being white in the 60's, you're untouchable.

Cowflab
02.06.2013 , 11:59 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by EatenByDistance View Post
No. Bad. Wrong. Ignore this post.

I have been using this opener for a few weeks now. It is incredibly good but its heavy force cost makes it very situational in warzones. Great for dueling though.
See post above. If its incredibly situational in actual PvP then it doesn't nullify regular strategies... Duels don't mean ****, other than epeen stroking.

EatenByDistance
02.06.2013 , 12:02 PM | #15
See post above. If its incredibly situational in actual PvP then it doesn't nullify regular strategies... Duels don't mean ****, other than epeen stroking.
fighting the solo defender on a node

fighting an isolated healer/anything

forcing a lot of pressure/cc on someone in general

you're doing it wrong
Watch my stream!

Cowflab
02.06.2013 , 12:04 PM | #16
you're doing it wrong
Riiiiiiiiiiight, that's why you open that way in all your videos... Oh wait, you don't.

EatenByDistance
02.06.2013 , 12:06 PM | #17
Riiiiiiiiiiight, that's why you open that way in all your videos... Oh wait, you don't.
I said I started doing it a few weeks ago, the vast majority of my videos are older than that.

you're doing it wrong
Watch my stream!

Cowflab
02.06.2013 , 12:06 PM | #18
fighting the solo defender on a node

fighting an isolated healer/anything

forcing a lot of pressure/cc on someone in general

you're doing it wrong
Lol, so in other words, isolated circumstances which are rare in an objective based team game. Whatever you say though man. You're right, I'm wrong. Have a good day. I don't have time to sit here and bicker with you.

EatenByDistance
02.06.2013 , 12:08 PM | #19
Lol, so in other words, isolated circumstances which are rare in an objective based team game. Whatever you say though man. You're right, I'm wrong. Have a good day. I don't have time to sit here and bicker with you.
none of those situations are rare

you're doing it wrong
Watch my stream!

Rynis
02.06.2013 , 12:18 PM | #20
Like said before 1 of 2 things will happen:

1. Your opponent uses his cc break and now he can be your bit** for the rest of the fight.

2. He lets you get crushing off dealing and you continue your onslaught.

As it was mentioned it's very situational, but it ends up being a win/win.

And "isolated" fights happen in every warzone so no point in arguing there.
#AlmightyTeejus-#twitch.tv/bjagz