Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

what is the best pvp class

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
what is the best pvp class

Dillingr
12.13.2011 , 07:41 AM | #21
Short answer? Mine.
Guild Master of SPACE BLASTERS
The Galaxy's Finest Republic PvP & PvE Guild
Website
/ Recruitment Video 1 / Recruitment Video 2

NomYamPeng
12.13.2011 , 07:55 AM | #22
The best pvp class is relative, what is best for you might not be best for someone else. The best anyone can do, is play to your strengths and what you enjoy.

Gaidax
12.13.2011 , 08:00 AM | #23
It is obvious that at the very least there will be the "better" PvP classes, I never understood the "every class is great" crowd, it is clearly not so, there WILL be better choices for PvP at a given time... always.

The word on the street ATM is that ranged AC's are superior, but I think a lot of it is coming from a fact that a vast majority of melee players seem to have a tunnel vision syndrome, jumping into a crowd of lightsabers, while ranged happily pick them apart from distance.

The thing that is obvious is that basically there is no definite answer for this question yet, there were only so much level 50 people in beta that threw around their videos, streams and what-not farming lowbies (bolster is not really helping for level 10-30 people vs geared 50's) and/or being teamed up vs unorganized PuG.

For example I seen a vid of some geared 50 Sniper rocking everything with a pocket healer and I seen a stream of geared 50 Sniper going solo queue in PuG vs half-premade and having a much and much harder time there.

I wonder what will happen on more even field, I bet guarded melee DPS will rock everything.
<=======35m of dead pixels====.===>
"You don't need to be a better shot - you just need to shoot more bullets!"

Bishojo
12.13.2011 , 08:04 AM | #24
my *** is errr...i mean assassin
No matter where you are in life, your left is allways your left.
SO STOP TURING RIGHT WHEN I SAY GO LEFT!
Guild PvP AGGRO
http://caliginosity.yolasite.com/

Foamslinger
12.13.2011 , 08:05 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Hizoka View Post
anyone that looks for the "best" anything will always be a bad player, they have it set in their mind already they need a crutch to lean on rather then their own skill.

Play what you enjoy playing and you will get better results then playing what someone "claims" as the best
What this guy said.
jumpshot - nubicide legacy
<shoots first irl>
videos: How to Huttball: Juggernaut Ilum Mass PvP

Riamu
12.13.2011 , 08:31 AM | #26
After playing beta, i'd have to say the easiest class to play would be a ranged class, I.E Bounty Hunter/Inquisiter/Agent.

So if you're new to MMO's and want to be average at PvP use a ranged class.
Master Cha'li
Pazaak All Stars | Lord Calypho EU

DeeDawg
12.13.2011 , 08:49 AM | #27
ranged > melee for swtor pvp.

but in the beta, there was a big shortage of healing and guarding in battlegrounds. Both those would benefit melee more I'd assume.

rienrodrys
12.13.2011 , 08:59 AM | #28
Farting chipmunk

Mazzrad
12.13.2011 , 09:00 AM | #29
PVP is team based and that's exactly the reason why there is no "best class" for PVP.

You need every class to be succesful. If you only got ranged classes, you won't win anything. If you play melee, you have to play smart and don't charge into the 5 enemies finishing of 1 guy from your team.
As a marauder, I can really pick my targets and I prefer the stupid guys chilling in the back, thinking they can free cast on anything. If you jump into their face and circle them while shoving your lightsaber up their arse, they usually don't know what to do. I really enjoy the Marauder and I was nearly always top 3 in damage and objectives even tho everyone says, that the class is gimped.

xneoxxx
12.13.2011 , 09:01 AM | #30
HAHAH check out this guy, he made a video about swtor EGA hahaha hes angry!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIDZ0kTI2Uw