Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A message to the PUG community.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A message to the PUG community.

Rilok_Singz
01.31.2013 , 07:02 PM | #51
ugly my good sir, you make way to much sense to be on the forums
S h a d o w R i l o k | A s s a s s i n R l o k
S t r i f e | C l i c k e r s

Refer link - http://www.swtor.com/r/6DZ2sg

sirullrich
01.31.2013 , 07:10 PM | #52
It amazes me how these pugs keep talking about premades when none of them know if they have a premade or not. None of these pugs read the OP post at all I think. They see a post about premades and pugs and automatically cry about premades. LMFAO!!!! Do not make excuses for losing please people. I can't believe people actually think that whenever they pug and lose that the other team has a premade and there team has no premades.
RENPA
STRIFE

Chlomamf
01.31.2013 , 07:13 PM | #53
Yesterday I was puggin' and got put into a Team with no Premades. We were however vsing a very good PvP Guild whom I encountered before. It was on AH.

Now this PvP Guild is like no other- its Premade of 3-4 men can stop us capping our node entirely, from start to finish, even with all of us there. And no we where not 'bad', as most of my teammates where from some of the best PvP Guilds on the Server. However they where Solo Queueing, and a Premader without his Premade is not invincible.

Like I said, I had encountered this Premade before and had learned what their plan was. So I went and ninja capped East. Since nobody had capped West but we had East we got the points for that round. When the next round started I told everyone to go East, as the Premade would've gone for West again. Again we capped East at the last moment, but they had also capped West. Next round starts and they've figured out what we're doing. They cap West, leave 2 PUGers to Guard and head off to stop us capping East. They where going to win. So me (I was on my Sin) and an Operative went to West to try and cap it. We saw two people guarding it, but they weren't the Premaders, but that wasn't going to stop us. We used our in-stealth Stuns to stun the two and the Operative started capping. They both broke the stuns, so to stop them interrupting I Electrocuted the first Guard and then Force Pulled the second Guard, Spiked him and amazingly enough we got the Node. We won thanks to it.

Probably wiped the smugness off the Premaders face who thought they where 'unbeatable'. One can only imagine the anger they had.

UGLYMRJ
01.31.2013 , 07:19 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Rilok_Singz View Post
ugly my good sir, you make way to much sense to be on the forums
I apologize... I'll be going now.

LogicalPremise
01.31.2013 , 08:53 PM | #55
The problem is hardly the Premade if you take logic to the normal extension that it should be.

As several people have pointed out, not all premades are nicely-color coordinated groups of four people in the same guild. You might have 2 3-man teams and 2 pugs, or (lol) 4 2-man teams. Blaming the lack of 'fun' in WZ on premades solely could be answered very simply: if you exclude pre-mades from queuing into pug queues, do you suddenly think WZ will improve?

I assure you, single que WZ will not. Instead of having the possibility of a small premade group there to coordinate and guide pugs, you will simply have poorly communicating masses of people who 95% of have zero skills whatsoever, derping left and right.

Dismissing the OP statement as saying he's just wanting to roll PUG's is doubly illogical, because as he points out himself, half the time the PM is dragged down by the PUG. His argument of one of pointing out -- despite the histrionics from the bads who hate admitting it -- that the reason WZ suck is that PUGS SUCK.

I'll say it again. You SUCK. You show up not even wearing recruit, you refuse to listen, you go off on your own and let the enemy farm you, you refuse to use even chat to communicate, and you won't learn how to use your class. Yet you have the unlimited AUDACITY to suggest that the problem isn't your under-geared, clicking, won't pop special abilities, inefficient and overall poorly playing behind, but that instead the people who actually put effort into PVP?

Really?

REALLY?

I solo que a lot. I call incomings. I pop taunts and guard and I work down the healers and dps as tank, I focus heal the big killers and work bubble, hots and stuns/cc as healer. I try to work to a plan before the match starts and if people are determined to derp around I will not quit , but go ahead and try to play competitively. When my guild wants to PVP and we make a premade , I'm going to focus on winning, just like when I queue solo.

I'm not going to go in wearing garbage with 115 EXP and howl that smash is OP.

I'm not going to refuse to coordinate on caps and not call incoming then say the other side is hax because they can use Predation effectively.

I'm not going to go in specced in some kinda derpy expectation that if I just deathball around in the pit while the other team is running and passing and setting up people on our goal line that we lost at Huttball because of those "evul premades".

The sort of mind it takes to see that your play is execrable and suggest the solution is to get rid of all the good players is ... wow.
Majynn, L55 Sorc - The Society - Harbinger
Garadan, L55 Jugg- Dark Void - Harbinger
Vongrath, L35 Op- Dark Void - Harbinger

Washingtoon
01.31.2013 , 09:29 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by LogicalPremise View Post
I assure you, single que WZ will not. Instead of having the possibility of a small premade group there to coordinate and guide pugs, you will simply have poorly communicating masses of people who 95% of have zero skills whatsoever, derping left and right.
It would atleast be the same on both teams.
Quote:
Dismissing the OP statement as saying he's just wanting to roll PUG's is doubly illogical, because as he points out himself, half the time the PM is dragged down by the PUG. His argument of one of pointing out -- despite the histrionics from the bads who hate admitting it -- that the reason WZ suck is that PUGS SUCK..
It's being dismissed on behalf of being a load of bull. For that to happen they'd have to constantly end up with the worst players that have ever graced this game against either a premade their own skill along with decent pugs or 8 really good pugs. Isnt the OP in one of the best guilds on the server, if not the best guild? I highly doubt that he will queue with crappy players so I'm just going to assume that the majority of his premades are made up with players in or around his own skill. I have never lost a game while being queued or teamed with the best players on my main server so I can't imagine that it happens that often on other servers either.

I just have to ask here, what exactly is your (as in all of you) problem with premade vs premade and pugs vs pugs queues? So far I havent seen a single legitimate argument against seperate queues. Instead you're trying to justify the current system with some form of collective punishment where everyone suffers. As if thinking that having to play premades in pugs suck less just beacuse premades happen to suffer too. It doesnt work that way.

Now, if you were to say that the queue times would be really long I'd give you the benefit of doubt. Not that I believe that they would, or atleats not during primetime, but it would atleast be a valid argument. Another reasonable argument would be that the pug complaints would be exchanged for complaints from less skilled premades who now had to play the good premades in every game. They could probably argue that it ruined normal warzones and it probably would but they have the tools, the group and perhaps also some form of chat, to improve whereas solo players have to rely on luck, luck getting the right players on their team.

LadyKohastFel
01.31.2013 , 09:57 PM | #57
Most people get absolutely demolished by 24/7 players and hackers and give up before they have a chance to learn and gear up. And the recruit gear is not much help since it is so distinctive looking that they may as well have a 50 foot tall neon sign hanging above their head saying "focus fire on me for an easy kill".

And the end result is that in the end the 24/7 players are shooting themselves in both their feet by driving the new players away and they have to put up with 2 or 3 hours of waiting for a warzone to pop.

And having elitist pigs of 24/7ers who only say "L2P nub" rather than giving constructive advice for a beginner to get better will not help this situation.
Remember Antaria, Naboo, Starsider Server.

wargonglok
01.31.2013 , 10:00 PM | #58
if your gonna go to the effort of setting up a premade, there is a ranked warzone button you know.

when me and my buds go to the effort to do it, we do real warzones, not run around kill training the other team for little to no challenge.
Sniper, 'nough said

V-Serp
01.31.2013 , 10:19 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by tekhiun View Post
Good, so you agree that premades should have their own queue separeted from pug queue =)
That would be the logical conclusion of his rant. I don't think I've seen a more ironic thread in this forum in 3 years.

Count_Midnite
01.31.2013 , 10:24 PM | #60
Honestly OP, I don't see the problem in Premades, you get stomped and barely get 5 medals OR you can be on a premade team your self, and facetank about four people on your assassin get 14 medals and go grab a soda while you are at it. I could care less about getting stomped, cause I know my pot of gold will eventually appear. So why people complain is beyond me.