Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

A message to the PUG community.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A message to the PUG community.

GodsFavritPerson's Avatar


GodsFavritPerson
02.03.2013 , 12:34 AM | #141
Premades beat PUGS silly. Everyone knows it's too one sided to put the two things together.

Kyanzes's Avatar


Kyanzes
02.03.2013 , 03:42 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
-The PUG's that go on Rambo missions and do nothing but hurt the team... well... they don't get mentioned either.

I so much hate that.

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
02.03.2013 , 11:10 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by ovill View Post

Look at it this way- Imagine a guy comes up to you and says "I'm the best Shaolin Monk in my monastary" and you say "Yeah, was that in China?" He says "no, the catholic convent down the street, those nuns can't avoid my Whapa! Karate chops." I mean you can't help but feel sorry for the nuns, even if they do workout to Taibo.


Anyhow, have a safe and fun filled honeymoon
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Epic...

And thanks man!

Z-ToXiN's Avatar


Z-ToXiN
02.03.2013 , 01:51 PM | #144
Thanks for finally expressing how I (and many others) feel about PUGs and those whiners who say that "premades are ruining PVP!"

If I had done this myself, I probably would have gotten myself banned.
ADRAAJ
◙ASSASSiN ╚╬╝ THE BASTION ╚╬╝ POWeRTeCH◙
DECEPTiON HYBRID < ♣ > HYBRID SiN TANK
<JAWA BUNNY RANCH> // MAINTAIN ANARCHY

Styxx's Avatar


Styxx
02.03.2013 , 06:04 PM | #145
Scenario #5 - 2 4-man premades queue at the same time and leave immediately if they don`t get drafted in the same team, or more than one guild on the same TS server, ultimately making an almost ranked WZ vs PuGs.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

Exly's Avatar


Exly
02.03.2013 , 10:43 PM | #146
I just fininshed playing 4 WZ matches as a pug. Each time I went up against an opposing team that had a 4 man premade, and was accompanied by a full contingancy of solo queued players. I was on the loosig end on all four matches. Of the four matches, 2 were close, and 2 were a blowouts. Please understand that I do not want to ever stop people from group queueing, but I am in favor of separate queues for groups and solo players.

Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
This only applies to those who complain about pre-mades ruining war zones for them. You fail to look at it from any other perspective other than your own. Here's the breakdown of the double edged sword.... Let's look at who gets shafted more, yet complain less.

Scenario #1: Pre-mades ruin war zones for PUG's on the opposite team by better communication, coordination and often skill. PUG's get wrecked and aren't happy, immediately log onto forums and click "new thread".

You are right. because pre-made teams usually have a better balanced team of skilled, geared, and expenienced players, they usually win, and this leads to more complaints from solo players. In addion, pre-made teams usually have one or two good healers, and because of that they are difficult to defeat, while most all solo teams have no healer's, or have an impropper ballance on healing to dps, and as a result are much easier to defeat.

Scenario #2: PUG's are so poorly organized that they literally lose the game for the 4 man pre-made. Pre-made loses what should have been an easy win.

In my experinece, when this happens it is usually because the pre-made group on the opposing team in better than the one on the losing team.

Scenario #3: 4 man pre-made and PUG on same team.... pre-made carries PUG team to victory. (They don't mention this in the list of complaints)

Why feed the trolls? Come on now, a significant number of solo queuer's want their own queue that will allow them avoid having to play with groups. Also, they have many more memories of being pug stomped, and it is only natural for those memories to dominate their thinking, and their forum posts.

Scenario #4: PUG's carry pre-made to victory.... just kidding... that almost never happens...

Your right, it rarely happens, but it dose happen. There is one guild that regularly group queues on my server that makes me cringe when I see them on my side in a WZ. Nut other than that on guild, most groups do help the team more than they hurt it.

-The other tidbit of information that often gets left out is that there are pre-mades in nearly every war zone, on both sides. The only difference is most of them are bad and it goes unnoticed. They don't mention that either.

OK, if 4 of the 16 player's are in a group, then they would still only comprize 25% of the player pool. The problem still remains that one of the teams has a distinct advantage, and the other a disadvantage because the team with the group probably has a better balanced team that is better geared and is more experienced. Now if the queues were separated, then the teams on both sides would be comprised of either groups or solo players, and the resulting matches should provide more players with a fun and challanging experience. My guess is that the only player's that would not have more fun are those that really like to pug stomp After all, having to face a team that would offer them a challange would not allow those players to have their sadistic brand of fun.

-The PUG's who go idle in war zones to farm coms... don't get mentioned either in these lists of complaints.

I know, I hate that too. I think that separating the queues might allow players who do that to regain their ability to hope that they have a chance of winning, and the result would be increased participation on their part.

-The PUG's who shoot down from the edge of their end zone at the warriors in the pit on huttball... also don't get mentioned.

-The PUG's that go on Rambo missions and do nothing but hurt the team... well... they don't get mentioned either.

-The PUG's that put up 50K in stats during a 15 minute voidstar.... no one mentions him in those threads.... but that's probably because HE IS the guy starting the damn thread.

So before you complain... think about who's really getting the worst of this situation.

My point in this is... the pre-mades (good ones) get screwed more often than you PUG's and WE'RE the ones doing the heavy lifting. It's amazing that so many of you can sit here and complain about pre-mades wrecking your face when 2 games later that same pre-made is getting you an easy win.

So why not join those of us that want separate queues? Then you would not have to put up with so many bad players unless you chose to. The only reasons that I can think of are: 1) you believe that groups make up a minority of the pvp comunity, and would therefor have to wait longer for WZ queuess to pop, 2) you like winning, and are afraid that if you played against other groups that you would not win as often, 3) you like pug stomping too much, and you just don't want to give it up, 4) you like complaining about having to put up with solo players.

Want to solve the problem? Use the tools available... form a guild, form a pre-made and get better.

Likewise, if all player's were to solo queue the problem would likely be solved, however, I for one would never ask for that. Please feel free to continue to group queue, and let me continue to solo que, but let us both do it in separate queues.

Disclaimer: I know there are good PUG's out there that understand the game and this post does not apply to you. However, you are the minority. The majority of guilds are awful and the PUG's are even worse on average.

By the way, my four losses to day were on my guardian with 18k hp. I have 6 augmented WH peices and 8 peices of recruit gear, and I still topped the DPS and comm chart on all four matches that I was involved in.

In the end... I only hope that one PUG gets this to sink in and the next time they want to complain about pre-mades, they stop, and think... and realize that it's the ones who are putting forth the extra effort by learning to play the game properly, forming groups and organizing tactics and strategies that are far more affected by PUG's vs pre-mades than you PUG's who hop on twice a week for an hour before bed and spam force lightning while face tanking a marauder.

I listened, but listening and agreeing are two different things now aren't they. I do not question the effort that you put into the game, and would ask that you not question mine, and If some of us only want to hop on twice a week, then let us do so without the repremand. We will all play according to our own play style, and your sugestions on how to play would have ment a lot more if they were given in the context of offering help rather than dispensing criticism. Also, believe it or not, some players are relatively new to the game, and are still in the process of learing how to play, so constatny saying l2p helps no one.

This public service announcement has been brought to you by UGLYMRJ.

The more you know... (Insert rainbow here)


p.s. The fued between you and that other guy is a bit silly. Why not just let it be? So forget about him, and know that calling him our, and threatening to make is life miserable kind of makes you look like a jerk.

NeuroniaSW's Avatar


NeuroniaSW
02.03.2013 , 10:44 PM | #147
I get the OP's gripes and I empathize.

Maybe the devs should just make Arenas on each server, and make a coop zone somewhere (neutral, can't attack each other outside of duels, both factions can meet and talk) click a terminal, pick a map and do 8 v 8s or whatever, maybe larger. Hardcores can get ladders and rankings going, PuiGs can putz around in Warzones.

Is there a reason the top teams haven't met on the Training Room server (whatever it's called) to have sustained challenges?

Washingtoon's Avatar


Washingtoon
02.03.2013 , 10:50 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by NeuroniaSW View Post
I
Is there a reason the top teams haven't met on the Training Room server (whatever it's called) to have sustained challenges?
People havent been able to copy their characters to the PTS (public test server). I had mine copied but wasnt notified so it took months and a semi interesting update before I visited PTS and discovered it. Character copies will however be available once the PTS comes online again, the feature is already implemented.

ripamorame's Avatar


ripamorame
02.04.2013 , 01:28 AM | #149
Premades are the problem not the fact that i have lost count of alderan games where my team of pugs hasn't been competent to read chat and lost us the game by either just not responding to in comings or going mid when we have grass and snow on a respawn.
Also i run with 1-2 friends i don't want to have to choose, if a divide came into play you could end up with games of 4x2 man premades against 2 4 man premades and honestly is that a lot different? With the low population cap as well it is not feasible to split the pvp community up.

Feztonio's Avatar


Feztonio
02.04.2013 , 03:33 AM | #150
its just the equity. you and your guild get to gear up fast feasting on 13k health pugs; the rest of us have to painfully grind out each medal and com against your guild's 27k health full elite war hero lvl 100 valor uber pvp'ers. all because you're too busy trying to stroke your epeens by beating up new 50's in unrated instead of having fair fights in rateds.

then you come on forums and brag that you had the free time to get to 100 valor and people who aren't as lame as to have a spare 6 months solid /played like you shouldn't be upset and they're fail for not wanting you to sit in unrated and farm them like a wuss
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic