Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Cybertech] Some help with RE

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Cybertech] Some help with RE

Myung_Alatioc
01.31.2013 , 03:22 PM | #1
Hi All,

I am just starting to get serious into crafting in this game and need some help! I have 400 cybertech and I was wondering if I purchase a 26 or 27 armoring/mods off the GTN if I can RE those to get a schematic? I don't want to drop the coin to buy some if I am wrong, but there is no tool tip saying a 20% chance ect, which probably answers my question, but wanted to see if some of you vets out there have done it before.

Cheers

roktar
01.31.2013 , 04:42 PM | #2
The only way you can do that is if you bind the mod/enhancement/armoring to yourself, put it in a piece of gear and then pull it out. If you try to re without first binding you will get the no research available. You can also buy BH/Camp/Dread Gear and pull stuff from there. The only thing you can't learn is the armorings that are slot specific. But you will still get mats.

Holinyx
01.31.2013 , 04:59 PM | #3
27s are only from HM Denova/Asation operations. Dreadguard gear
Not all Bounty Hunters die screaming like a 4 yr old girl.

Edahsetin
02.01.2013 , 05:09 AM | #4
While the answer to your specific question was pretty much covered already I figured I'd link to my reverse engineering guide just in case you had additional questions or wanted a specific breakdown of what you can do.

Interested in learning the best Crew Skill for your class? Or maybe the top Cartel Market Purchases? Maybe your looking for a Gift Guide with quick glance summary. Find all of my SWTOR Articles in my Star Wars The Old Republic Master Guide

Myung_Alatioc
02.01.2013 , 01:27 PM | #5
Thanks for all the answers guys, helps a lot!