Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dark Charge Needs a Change / Buff!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Dark Charge Needs a Change / Buff!

schnopsnosn
02.01.2013 , 10:47 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
In my opinion they nerfed the sin tank totally wrong in 1.3:
They should have nerfed the dmg not the survivability, it's a tank not a dps ffs.
The damage we do is fine.
We had way too much survivability though.

Never_Hesitate
02.01.2013 , 10:54 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by schnopsnosn View Post
The damage we do is fine.
We had way too much survivability though.
What should be the difference between a tank and a dps?
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

schnopsnosn
02.01.2013 , 10:55 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
What should be the difference between a tank and a dps?
A SIn-tank does 700-750 DPS.
A SIn-DPS does 1800-2000 DPS.

Altheran
02.01.2013 , 12:30 PM | #24
2% is too much, also no CD and working on Shielding, Resisting, Parrying and Deflecting is just straight OP.
Imagine this with Force Shroud up.

Let's assume 27k HP, 2% of that would be 540.
Force Shroud is active for 5s, with one tick per second that's 2700 HP back over 5s + 2160 from HD-FL.
Bit much, eh?
The numbers were just random. It can also be 1% or 0.5%, my point was the mechanic implied.

But still, is 4860 too much ? Maybe, but that's probably not so much. That's almost the same amount of health a Sorc bubble provides.
And I ask you seriously : Will a Shadow/Assassin oftenly receive 5 Force/Tech attacks at once during Force shroud, I don't think so. And even considering parrying, shielding, can a Shadow/Assassin have 27K HP without sacrifying defense and shielding ? And do not forget Trauma, as this kind of situation is unlikely to occur in PvE.

Berronaxftw
02.01.2013 , 01:06 PM | #25
A SIn-tank does 700-750 DPS.
A SIn-DPS does 1800-2000 DPS.
How does one measure dps Accurately without a damage meter?

Altheran
02.01.2013 , 01:08 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Berronaxftw View Post
How does one measure dps Accurately without a damage meter?
With combat logs, and a website that proposes to do the math in your place.

schnopsnosn
02.01.2013 , 01:23 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
With combat logs, and a website that proposes to do the math in your place.
Also MoX-parser.

ckoneful
02.01.2013 , 02:50 PM | #28
The numbers were just random. It can also be 1% or 0.5%, my point was the mechanic implied.

But still, is 4860 too much ? Maybe, but that's probably not so much. That's almost the same amount of health a Sorc bubble provides.
And I ask you seriously : Will a Shadow/Assassin oftenly receive 5 Force/Tech attacks at once during Force shroud, I don't think so. And even considering parrying, shielding, can a Shadow/Assassin have 27K HP without sacrifying defense and shielding ? And do not forget Trauma, as this kind of situation is unlikely to occur in PvE.
Without sacrificing any mitigation you can get about 26.6k HP atm. I do doubt the 5 F/T attacks at once though.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
55 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 45 Sorceror
11 Sentinel 50 Gunslinger 52 Vanguard 55 Shadow
83% of Class Stories completed

verfallen
02.01.2013 , 03:04 PM | #29

Your mechanic is also flawed.

I'll explain why :

When is it you need your self heal the most? When you do a lot of parrying, or when you fight a tech/force heavy foe?

Because that mechanic would mean agains foes like toth (or is it zorn? The spellbound one) or soa, you might as well be in dps gear and you'll get the same result. Especially against that drouk since he does force or tech/elemental.

So the result would be massive overhealing when you don't need it in pve, and an overpowered deflection and shroud in pvp, especially since i suspect your plan would allow hybrid to get the thing.

Bringing back armor at 150% would help the sintank viability pre-30.

Altheran
02.01.2013 , 03:19 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by verfallen View Post
Your mechanic is also flawed.

I'll explain why :

When is it you need your self heal the most? When you do a lot of parrying, or when you fight a tech/force heavy foe?

Because that mechanic would mean agains foes like toth (or is it zorn? The spellbound one) or soa, you might as well be in dps gear and you'll get the same result. Especially against that drouk since he does force or tech/elemental.

So the result would be massive overhealing when you don't need it in pve, and an overpowered deflection and shroud in pvp, especially since i suspect your plan would allow hybrid to get the thing.

Bringing back armor at 150% would help the sintank viability pre-30.
Well, it would have made more sense if tanking mechanics were to work "normally" in the first place, I admit.
When I think to something good for tanks I'm always assuming that someday, we will be given the right to defend Tech and Force attacks, as i consider it "the norm". I tend to forget how messed is the actual mechanic.
(In fact I'm preparing to post an idea of mine, in which this mechanic was a part of it, but it was meant to also include Defense and shield Stats to work against all attacks, and hence it includes this flaw)

And no, my plan wasn't to give something too good for hybrids in PvP. That's why i choosed a mechanic that is most of the time out of reach for them. I can't avoid them from using Deflection or Shroud, but it will have a minor impact on overall because the remaining time, their avoidance and shielding rate will be near to zero. And even with these abilities, as they have less HP... the heals being a percentage make tank gear preferable.
The reasonning was :
DPS gear = armor and few heals
Tank gear = armor and many heals.

Actually, whether it comes to increase the armor rate, or increasing the heals, if you don't change the core mechanic of the stance, in the end it will be like giving hybrids more toys to play with.