Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Dark Charge Needs a Change / Buff!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Dark Charge Needs a Change / Buff!

Berronaxftw's Avatar


Berronaxftw
01.31.2013 , 11:53 AM | #1
In my opinion the healing provided by dark charge is absolutely pathetic.. i have a few ideas for some changes.

1). Increase the healing it provides by 300%.

2). Remove the cooldown on the effect.

3). Change it so that instead of it healing a set amount it now heals you for 3% of your maximum health.

4). Change it so that it now heals for 2% of all damage you deal for 2 seconds every 6 seconds.

5). Change the talent Swelling Shadows so that it now increases healing provided by dark charge by 150/300%.


Well those are my ideas for it, some may be overpowered but i do believe they need to make one of the changes above.

What's your thoughts on this idea? or do you have any ideas of your own?

Smuglebunny's Avatar


Smuglebunny
01.31.2013 , 12:12 PM | #2
Im pretty sure most people consider tankasins to be OP right now which is why they just got a nerf to their harnessed darkness healing and their armor rating. SO I highly doubt they will do any of these things you suggest.

ckoneful's Avatar


ckoneful
01.31.2013 , 12:42 PM | #3
It may not be stellar healing, but it's fine as it is. We aren't at a steep disadvantage or anything with how it is.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
55 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 45 Sorceror
11 Sentinel 50 Gunslinger 52 Vanguard 55 Shadow
83% of Class Stories completed

Omophorus's Avatar


Omophorus
01.31.2013 , 12:49 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Berronaxftw View Post
In my opinion the healing provided by dark charge is absolutely pathetic.. i have a few ideas for some changes.

1). Increase the healing it provides by 300%.

2). Remove the cooldown on the effect.

3). Change it so that instead of it healing a set amount it now heals you for 3% of your maximum health.

4). Change it so that it now heals for 2% of all damage you deal for 2 seconds every 6 seconds.

5). Change the talent Swelling Shadows so that it now increases healing provided by dark charge by 150/300%.


Well those are my ideas for it, some may be overpowered but i do believe they need to make one of the changes above.

What's your thoughts on this idea? or do you have any ideas of your own?
It is already balanced just fine, but as the DTPS on a tank increases, it will continue to be a marginally less useful component of overall mitigation since the effect is static.

The changes you propose are OP. The only thing that needs to be done for Dark Charge is to ensure some scaling mechanism in the near future so that it continues to grow with content (assuming BioWare's solution isn't just a 5 level cap raise every time they release a new tier of PVE difficulty).
Srs'bsns, GM of <Proper Villains> of The Ebon Hawk
5/5 Nightmare Power DF & DP
"This is why we don't bring Assassin tanks"

Berronaxftw's Avatar


Berronaxftw
01.31.2013 , 12:52 PM | #5
In my opinion Assassin Tanks should be focused more around self healing than basic forms of mitigation, so taking a nerf in other aspects in trade for a healing buff would be great i think

ckoneful's Avatar


ckoneful
01.31.2013 , 01:53 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Berronaxftw View Post
In my opinion Assassin Tanks should be focused more around self healing than basic forms of mitigation, so taking a nerf in other aspects in trade for a healing buff would be great i think
Any more passive nerfing and Shadows would be useless on heavy movement fights.

No, we have plenty of active mitigation to juggle now.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
55 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 45 Sorceror
11 Sentinel 50 Gunslinger 52 Vanguard 55 Shadow
83% of Class Stories completed

verfallen's Avatar


verfallen
01.31.2013 , 02:52 PM | #7
Self heals are fine, however armor should be put back to original values.

As it is, a deception assassin with entropic field end up within a few % of our mitigation by armor.

It should still be lower than the other 2 tank classes, but 40% in full black hole is a bit underwhelming imo.

But the list of buff you are suggesting tells me either you are crap at your rotation getting slow stacks of HD, or you never really played past 30.

I can end fight with some 50 elites at 100% health, with no other heals than the self ones, without touching overcharge saber.

Berronaxftw's Avatar


Berronaxftw
01.31.2013 , 08:04 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by verfallen View Post
Self heals are fine, however armor should be put back to original values.

As it is, a deception assassin with entropic field end up within a few % of our mitigation by armor.

It should still be lower than the other 2 tank classes, but 40% in full black hole is a bit underwhelming imo.

But the list of buff you are suggesting tells me either you are crap at your rotation getting slow stacks of HD, or you never really played past 30.

I can end fight with some 50 elites at 100% health, with no other heals than the self ones, without touching overcharge saber.
I know my rotation, i just would really like to see a sith assassin tank to be more about the self heals

LastWizard's Avatar


LastWizard
01.31.2013 , 08:12 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Berronaxftw View Post
In my opinion the healing provided by dark charge is absolutely pathetic.. i have a few ideas for some changes.

1). Increase the healing it provides by 300%.

2). Remove the cooldown on the effect.

3). Change it so that instead of it healing a set amount it now heals you for 3% of your maximum health.

4). Change it so that it now heals for 2% of all damage you deal for 2 seconds every 6 seconds.

5). Change the talent Swelling Shadows so that it now increases healing provided by dark charge by 150/300%.


Well those are my ideas for it, some may be overpowered but i do believe they need to make one of the changes above.

What's your thoughts on this idea? or do you have any ideas of your own?
I'm an assassin and I think youve either lost your mind or you must be in the process of losing it.

DarthVenizen's Avatar


DarthVenizen
01.31.2013 , 10:51 PM | #10
i do agree that dark charge should be a set % of health so it actually scales, however to your other ideas, noooooooooo
[COLOR="Green"]Jedi Covenant
Vencu - Darkness Tank
SWG & SWTOR Launch player JTL/GSF Junkie