Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does the "I win" button -SMASH- need nerf?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Does the "I win" button -SMASH- need nerf?

Looka
01.31.2013 , 11:38 AM | #1
Smash - 5-7k instant AOE critical hits.

How do you avoid this? I understand that 1v1 Smash isn't a huge deal, but in a WZ with 2-4 Juggernauts, their various snares, stuns and interrupts I'm not sure how to do anything but get completely destroyed by this one single ability.

I actually played a Juggernaut for a while, got decent enough gear and decided to try it out for myself. Boy was I sure OP, seeing 5-7k pop up on my screen is sure fun. Problem is when you're NOT ready to smash, what a boring spec to play.

I understand that the Juggernaut and Marauder (to a lesser extent) need the ability to do competitive damage but this seems (to me) to be the worst way to do it.

Let the trolling and flaming begin.

cycao
01.31.2013 , 11:40 AM | #2
Bioware please do something about this...I just cannot take any more posts on this subject.

Shadowsite
01.31.2013 , 11:41 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Looka View Post

How do you avoid this? I understand that 1v1 Smash isn't a huge deal, but in a WZ with 2-4 Juggernauts, their various snares, stuns and interrupts I'm not sure how to do anything but get completely destroyed by this one single ability.

I actually played a Juggernaut for a while, got decent enough gear and decided to try it out for myself. Boy was I sure OP, seeing 5-7k pop up on my screen is sure fun. Problem is when you're NOT ready to smash, what a boring spec to play.

I understand that the Juggernaut and Marauder (to a lesser extent) need the ability to do competitive damage but this seems (to me) to be the worst way to do it.

this has been going on for suuuuuuuuch a long time. You're late to the party.
A man that hides isn't a coward, he is the smartest man alive.
A man that fights is not brave, he is foolish
A man that walks away is the strongest of them all

JustinxDuff
01.31.2013 , 11:46 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Bioware please do something about this...I just cannot take any more posts on this subject.
Exactly! Just nerf smash and we can stop posting.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

crispb
01.31.2013 , 11:49 AM | #5
Can you please point to "on the bobafet action figure" were the "BAD" man smashed you. Its ok its not your fault. Your parents loved you.

Smash Therapy will be in session on these forums on thursday mornings from 10:00-11:00

iDraxter
01.31.2013 , 11:51 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by crispb View Post
Can you please point to "on the bobafet action figure" were the "BAD" man smashed you. Its ok its not your fault. Your parents loved you.

Smash Therapy will be in session on these forums on thursday mornings from 10:00-11:00
where do I sign?
Firebat: Need a light?
It`s your money-but if I have spent as much time killing Jedi instead of your own kind...you might be winning this war

TempusFugitTwo
01.31.2013 , 11:56 AM | #7
?

Mindwreck
01.31.2013 , 11:59 AM | #8
I think I figured out the theory behind smash. Some brilliantly minded human being was sitting at his desk and asked himself; "how do I pull in all them Pac-Man fans out there, who are only used to using a joystick and 3 buttons?". Hence, the birth of the smash spec. That, and lightsabers are so darn cool.

Rendolphe
01.31.2013 , 12:28 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Looka View Post

You should do their counter class. The Sniper/Gunsliger and look them avoiding you.
Prophecy of the Five

My Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/rendolphegamer
My TwitchTV channel : http://www.twitch.tv/rendolphegamer

Xooey
01.31.2013 , 12:35 PM | #10
If smash gets nerfed everyone will move on to a new favorite topic, so I wouldn't look forward to seeing the pvp forums get positive then (or ever).

But maybe we could vote on which one is next? I'm leaving the obvious bubble stun out. Here is a sampling from other topics of complaints I've seen in the last month or so, not bug related:

Premades
Pugs
Abilities being used mid-air
Hacks/Exploits
Stuns & Roots
Shadows/Assassins
Snipers/Gunslingers
Operatives/Scoundrels
Powertechs/Vanguards
Mercenaries/Commandos
RWZ itemized players
Undergeared players
Just plain bad players
FTP players
Field Respec
Taunting mechanic/Tanks in PVP
Healing in general
AH pylon cap time
People who leave warzones
Time required to attain gear
Necessity of expertise at all
One faction "always wins"
Huttball
Ancient Hypergates

So we could just pick the next one and get that out of the way now, so everyone can get their detailed and well informed research started.

Acupuncturist/Slashionista