Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Light Side Sith Inquisitor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Light Side Sith Inquisitor

DAWUSS
02.01.2013 , 06:02 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by FINNT View Post
It isn't really light side. He/She is dark sider who is reasonable. You still have to work for the Empire and
Spoiler
If that's the case, you could say the appropriate opposite for the DS JC and JK given that premise.

SithKoriandr
02.01.2013 , 08:06 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post
You're the slave who would be king. You were forced to either be Sith or die. You have no love for the Empire but the Jedi would never accept you. While your life has been difficult, there is opportunity now, to change the status quo and break the chains that bind you, one day freeing the Empire from itself.

Light sided Inquisitors are awesome. But still shock people now and then.
Well to be fair, the game just doesn't give you a chance to be accepted by the Jedi. It just goes with the thinking "You rolled empire you say no to joining the republic"

Zardac_the_Great
02.01.2013 , 08:19 PM | #13
I have a light Assassin.

What it looks like to me is that the Inquisitor and the Consular were set up to go dark side, while the Knight and the Warrior were set up to go light. It fits their backstory, story set up, and companions.

Remember though, that Imperial Light Side isn't about being good or merciful. It's mainly about putting the Empire before yourself.

Chaloss
02.02.2013 , 12:50 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Zardac_the_Great View Post
I have a light Assassin.

What it looks like to me is that the Inquisitor and the Consular were set up to go dark side, while the Knight and the Warrior were set up to go light. It fits their backstory, story set up, and companions.

Remember though, that Imperial Light Side isn't about being good or merciful. It's mainly about putting the Empire before yourself.
I totally disagree with Inquisitor being dark side. If anything all points to Warrior being dark and Inquisitor is rather open. Both alignment Inquisitors work just fine, you do not miss anything big going one way or another (opposed to warrior who gets extra going dark side). I do agree about not thinking light side Inquisitor being LS Jedi.

SithKoriandr
02.02.2013 , 01:37 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Zardac_the_Great View Post
I have a light Assassin.

Really? So far on my Consular, she seems very much setup to go light side. Admittedly leveling my Consular is a slow process, but going planet to planet to cure Jedi Masters at the cost of her own strength. Seems very much the lightside way to go.

Nerdymidgetkid
02.02.2013 , 01:49 AM | #16
My sith sorc is my first (well, not really, but I was a noob on the others) character. He is exactly what you described.

FINNT
02.02.2013 , 10:06 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DAWUSS View Post
If that's the case, you could say the appropriate opposite for the DS JC and JK given that premise.
Haven't played dark side JC/JK. It just is not me (even to roleplay bad). So can't say anything on that.
:laser:

Froogleseven
02.02.2013 , 01:22 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaloss View Post
I totally disagree with Inquisitor being dark side. If anything all points to Warrior being dark and Inquisitor is rather open. Both alignment Inquisitors work just fine, you do not miss anything big going one way or another (opposed to warrior who gets extra going dark side). I do agree about not thinking light side Inquisitor being LS Jedi.
i understand where you are going with the "extra" for going darkside, but both are viable for LS, and IMO the sith warrior promotes at least ending in LS.
Spoiler

as for the Inquisitor, i can see both DS and LS. i have one of each, my LS justification is the same as everyone has said, i was forced to be a sith or die, i like living but i intend to try and do as much good as i can while focusing on my self preservation. The empire tortures my fellow slaves and i wish to help them if i can by trying to make the empire a better place for all.
my DS on the other hand is I was a slave who has recently gotten the chance to break free and gain power over those who supressed me. I'm not interested in the empire nor its success, what i care about is personal power so i may torment those who tormented me for all my life and so i will never again be at the mercy of others, the only way to do that is to rule the galaxy myself. I play everyone into thinking i'm what they want me to be, but the real me craves power and domination.
The Fallen Legion Officer

JLazarillo
02.02.2013 , 02:49 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Really? So far on my Consular, she seems very much setup to go light side. Admittedly leveling my Consular is a slow process, but going planet to planet to cure Jedi Masters at the cost of her own strength. Seems very much the lightside way to go.
Consular actually gets a pretty "easy" in-character path to the Dark Side in its intro...it's pretty natural to figure that after all that hunting after Rajivari's legacy, a Consular might have chosen to embrace his philosophy. If so, then the story becomes focused not on saving the individual masters, but on preserving the strength of the order and stopping the plaguemaster.

Zardac_the_Great
02.02.2013 , 02:52 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
To be sure, my warrior is fairly new, but from what I've seen:

1. (backstory) Warriors have honor as an important feature of their lives. Not necessarily a light side trait, but trending towards restraint and mercy, which would be light.

2. (gameplay) The Warrior gets Vette as a first companion, who generally influences them towards light.

3. (backstory/gameplay mix) Sith Warriors seem to be expected to put the good of the empire before their own welfare, which in the game trends toward light.

I just hit 50 with my light Shadow.

1. (gameplay) Consulars get Qyzen as a first companion. Qyzen wants bloodbaths (dark). Every time I had him fight with me against a boss, he was disappointed I didn't kill them, except for
Spoiler

2. (gameplay) Consulars get Theran as healer companion.
Spoiler
(tends towards dark).

The Inquisitor, as we know, was a slave.

1. (backstory) She's going to care very little for the Empire as a whole, and look out mainly for number one (dark)

2. (gameplay) Inquisitors get a
Spoiler
, neither of whom particularly care for the light.

I'm not saying that you can't play a light consular/inquisitory (I have both) or a dark Warrior. I'm saying that it looks like they were constructed to usually go that way.