Rodian Race.

IndiError

I would like to see any non human looking alien species as playable but people have been asking for these since before beta and so far no dice. I suspect a lot of people would have to demand it and quit over no alien species for it to be added.

Am I the only one who thinks SWTOR should've/should add the Rodian race as a playable race.

No, you're not the only one. However, people want other races more than they want Rodians.

Am I against adding them? Not really, I guess. I'm against adding them before the other half dozen races that people want more than Rodians, and fit into the game better than Rodians.

Am I the only one who thinks SWTOR should've/should add the Rodian race as a playable race. Rodian's have always been my favorite Star Wars races. :D What do you guys think?

No you would not be the only one. However, BW has stated their reasons numerous times for choosing the races they did and for not putting more alien races in as playable characters. Regardless of whether anyone wants to believe those reasons or agrees with those reasons is immaterial. That is BW's stance and it's not likely to change any time soon.

BJ

Yeah, it would be awesome. So would Wookies and Ithorians, I believe the issue is the voiced dialogue and the fact they cant speak galactic basic. I know Wookie and Ithorian can't speak it, and I'm sure Rodians can't either, so it wouldn't work with the dialogue. Unless of course, you don't mind your character speaking Rodese, Shyriiwook or Ithorese.

Yeah, it would be awesome. So would Wookies and Ithorians, I believe the issue is the voiced dialogue and the fact they cant speak galactic basic. I know Wookie and Ithorian can't speak it, and I'm sure Rodians can't either, so it wouldn't work with the dialogue. Unless of course, you don't mind your character speaking Rodese, Shyriiwook or Ithorese.

I wouldn't mind my character speaking Rodese, Shyriiwook, or Ithorese. I think that would be really cool and would add to the Star Wars experience of playing this game, even if there's just one of these aliens in a flashpoint group. :D

No you would not be the only one. However, BW has stated their reasons numerous times for choosing the races they did and for not putting more alien races in as playable characters. Regardless of whether anyone wants to believe those reasons or agrees with those reasons is immaterial. That is BW's stance and it's not likely to change any time soon.

BJ

They have said in the past that if people want more speices and if demand is high enough they will add them. Just how high demand would have to be is of course unknown, if they would go through with this promise is also unknown. However at least posts like this show people want more species and are discussing it on the forums.

Thanks for the reply guys. I think we should send in to SWTOR our wants for new races. Bioware is good at hearing out their players. I just want more diversity. I wouldn't want like 50 playable races, but more then only like 8or9. Not to sound lik I do not like SWTOR. I absolutely loooooove SWTOR. :D:D:D

New Playable Species must...

• A - Be able to speak basic so that they can use the already recorded Voice Acting done for each class.
  • B - Be able to work with the Romantic story options without clipping or just looking strange.

Sorry, but Rodians will likely never be added as a Player Character species.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

Thanks for the reply guys. I think we should send in to SWTOR our wants for new races. Bioware is good at hearing out their players. I just want more diversity. I wouldn't want like 50 playable races, but more then only like 8or9. Not to sound lik I do not like SWTOR. I absolutely loooooove SWTOR. :D:D:D

I think people have been giving their list of species they want to play for a long long time, there is even a very good poll. I think Rodian's are like 5th or 6th but I doubt any request will get much of a reply until either lots of people vote with their wallets or they run out of fluff to sell in the Catel shop and have to think of new species and the like. Good luck however getting them to listen. Personally I like the game but dislike the lack of playable species.

• A - Be able to speak basic so that they can use the already recorded Voice Acting done for each class.
  • B - Be able to work with the Romantic story options without clipping or just looking strange.

Ok, first Rodians can speak Basic and second, the Romance Comment WAS A JOKE. Species are not subjected to if they are good for Romances. Oh and "Clipping" has nothing to do with Romances.

New Playable Species must...

Sorry, but Rodians will likely never be added as a Player Character species.

:cool:

Rodians can speak basic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BweotHZBYlg#t=296s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1kEe8x9zK0&feature=player_detailpage#t=232s

They just need to transform the player's voice so it echos, like with some of the head gear.

And on the subject of interspecies relationships:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wedding_of_Nrin_Vakil_and_Koyi_Komad