Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why there should be no penalty for leaving wzs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why there should be no penalty for leaving wzs.

UncelSam's Avatar


UncelSam
01.31.2013 , 11:13 AM | #11
PUG vs Premade is as hopeless as comming to backfill games

Enhancer's Avatar


Enhancer
01.31.2013 , 12:25 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
backfill is the REAL problem.
I agree, backilling is certainly one of the problems, but I think the issue could be resolved in a much much easier way by simply changing how the WEEKLY WZ quest works. Since only wins count towards it, once the daily is done and you want to start chipping away at the weekly, losses do nothing for you. And as you get close to the weekly cutoff, it starts to create a sense of desperation for some, and people see a weak team or incompetence, they leave. With losses not counting towards anything, it's nothing but a waste of time (especially for those who have limited playtime) to simply ride out the losses.

Maybe double the requirement to 18 WZ's for the weekly? Wins count double (like the daily) so you still need the same 9 wins, but you can at least complete it with losses if you needed to? To me, it should be more about participation than anything, but that's just me.

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
01.31.2013 , 12:42 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Enhancer View Post
I agree, backilling is certainly one of the problems, but I think the issue could be resolved in a much much easier way by simply changing how the WEEKLY WZ quest works. Since only wins count towards it, once the daily is done and you want to start chipping away at the weekly, losses do nothing for you. And as you get close to the weekly cutoff, it starts to create a sense of desperation for some, and people see a weak team or incompetence, they leave. With losses not counting towards anything, it's nothing but a waste of time (especially for those who have limited playtime) to simply ride out the losses.

Maybe double the requirement to 18 WZ's for the weekly? Wins count double (like the daily) so you still need the same 9 wins, but you can at least complete it with losses if you needed to? To me, it should be more about participation than anything, but that's just me.
the dynamic you refer to is certainly real. I'd add, however, that I see it more on Tuesday resets than Monday nights. another reason for abandons is the desire to 'superQ' and abandoning if the two grps don't land on the same team. anyway, I like your solution, but I'd only notice it about 2 days per week. imo, if a weak player is willing to struggle through 18 losses, then more power to him. he's "earned" that weekly more than the geared guy running around with his equally skilled cronies.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Enhancer's Avatar


Enhancer
01.31.2013 , 01:11 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
anyway, I like your solution, but I'd only notice it about 2 days per week.
Speaking only to my situation here (and a few other close friends who are also married/have families), but I only play a couple of nights during the week for a few hours and a couple of hours during the day on either Sat or Sun, RL permitting. That said, I'm sure some folks play more in one day than I do in a week, so everyone's personal experience/opinion is going to vary with this. But in my case, where I might have limited time in comparison to others, wins are important to me if I want to be able to reset my weekly on time. I have no real idea of the demographic that this game caters to mainly, but I can probably assume I'm not alone.

And trust me, I get that games are not built around casuals, I was simply pointing out the angle of possible panic some might experience as they rub up against the weekly cutoff and the necessity of having only wins to complete it.

MotorCityMan's Avatar


MotorCityMan
01.31.2013 , 01:20 PM | #15
I see no reason to pad someone else's kill count. I quit WZs constantly. They are a joke anyways. But I want the equipment.

criminalheretic's Avatar


criminalheretic
01.31.2013 , 01:30 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
Just remove premades from regular WZs = Fixed.
Except for all the people in premades...

Who are either a very small part of the population, and therefore shouldn't be able to cause "problems" for the people who want to be bad and still win, or they are a large portion of the population who BW would be angering, for the sake of people who want to be bad and still win.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

tekhiun's Avatar


tekhiun
01.31.2013 , 01:47 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
Except for all the people in premades...

Who are either a very small part of the population, and therefore shouldn't be able to cause "problems" for the people who want to be bad and still win, or they are a large portion of the population who BW would be angering, for the sake of people who want to be bad and still win.
They can get another premade and make a rated group. Or bioware can just make a 2x4man queue for them , both sides will have more fun that way.
Star Wars: Attack of the Cartel.