Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Another random thought.... regarding the stun bubble.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Another random thought.... regarding the stun bubble.

funkiestj
01.31.2013 , 01:58 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
But what if....

Resolve was reverted back to it's previous state and resolve stacked even while stunned?

Could be another option for a fix... thoughts?
do not want. The old system punished uncoordinated stuns too hard (they are still punished, just not as hard).

There are so many other tools in the box to tweak the system. resolve per stun could be increased. white (full resolve) decay could be slowed. gray (not full) resolve decay could be slowed.

Resolve could be made to not decay while stuck behind the door in the spawn point. Dying while stunned could give you additional immunity time (longer white bar decay when you get out of spawn).

The resolve created by bubble stun could be increased (it is ridiculously low right now). Removing your own bubble as a way to stun could be eliminated.

The stun portion of the bubble could require a proc from another ability so that stun bubbles can be selectively applied (e.g. on the squishiest team mates) but not spammed.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

EatenByDistance
01.31.2013 , 02:10 PM | #22
old resolve system was 100% better but if they were to keep the stun bubble applying to everything I think the resolve caused by it would need to be increased to either 450 or 500 or something like that.
Wakalord The Bastion: Hey im mvp
Watch my stream!
Quote: Originally Posted by Celsus
Nobody will get banned. Being a sub is like being white in the 60's, you're untouchable.

MotorCityMan
01.31.2013 , 02:16 PM | #23
So as a sorc healer you're saying you die to much so you'd like the devs to help you survive being focused by 3-4 people and live?

Roger that.
Pretty sure I didn't say that and you didn't ask for clarification as to what I considered poor survivability. So is it your childish habit to provide the conversation to both sides of a a discussion so you can win a pretend argument?

How bout roger'in that?

UGLYMRJ
01.31.2013 , 02:21 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by MotorCityMan View Post
Pretty sure I didn't say that and you didn't ask for clarification as to what I considered poor survivability. So is it your childish habit to provide the conversation to both sides of a a discussion so you can win a pretend argument?

How bout roger'in that?
I was trying to find your point... must have missed it.

With all their tools to kite survivability is fine... Complaining about healer sorc utility honestly couldn't have been it so I tried to read between the lines.

Basically all I heard was "I want more".

Carter_Mathis
01.31.2013 , 02:28 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
I miss the old resolve system.
Yeah, no one complained about stuns with the old resolve system................

UGLYMRJ
01.31.2013 , 02:31 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
Here's the problem... people complained then too. But mostly people who didn't understand the resolve system and some that did.

NOW... nearly everyone is complaining and with every right. NOT ONE PERSON in this game ever said it needed more CC. What did they do? Made it take more CC to fill a resolve bar, punished poor CC coordination less and they gave a class a spammable stun that can be applied to an entire team. Since the changes players now spend more time CC'd than ever. Not once did I see a serious post about someone wanting to spend more time stunned.

So the problem is not that it was perfect before and they ruined it... the problem is that it wasn't perfect before and they made it worse.

cycao
01.31.2013 , 02:31 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
Resolve was near perfect if you ask me. It punished poor play by allowing overlapping CC to stack filling the bar more quickly. They made the system more casual friendly so they can now throw out stuns at random and since you cannot overlap stuns you spend more time being controlled.

Paulman
01.31.2013 , 02:35 PM | #28
I disagree and feel that sorc survivability isn't bad at all... I normally only die when being focused... everything should die when being focused.

The amount of tools that a sorc has on relatively short CD's makes up for the squishiness in my opinion. If they had more burst I feel like they could be a very valuable DPS class for rated for something other than the stun bubble.

And we have just hi-jacked my own thread and turned it into a "sorcs need survivability" thread. Further comments on the new title coming soon.
I don't think you truely believe that everything should die when being focused. If you truely believed that then you would be in favor of changing/removing all kinds of abilities. All warrior types, scoundrel/op, shadow/sin, all have ways of avoiding death from focus fire for quite some time.

EatenByDistance
01.31.2013 , 02:42 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulman View Post
I don't think you truely believe that everything should die when being focused. If you truely believed that then you would be in favor of changing/removing all kinds of abilities. All warrior types, scoundrel/op, shadow/sin, all have ways of avoiding death from focus fire for quite some time.
i think those are called defensive cooldowns

i might be wrong though
Wakalord The Bastion: Hey im mvp
Watch my stream!
Quote: Originally Posted by Celsus
Nobody will get banned. Being a sub is like being white in the 60's, you're untouchable.

UGLYMRJ
01.31.2013 , 02:50 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulman View Post
Of course I'm not saying that there should be no escapes... my point is that sorcs have tools to escape when used properly. With or without the stun bubble.

On top of that... if anyone is being focused by multiple people... there's no reason that person shouldn't die at some point unless there is a huge skill gap.

There's a thousand ways to look at it, but hopefully you see my point.