Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Another random thought.... regarding the stun bubble.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Another random thought.... regarding the stun bubble.

UGLYMRJ
01.30.2013 , 07:02 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
but you know my position Ugly... The resolve change and the nerfs/buffs dumbed this game down so much....
The constant dumbing down of this game is pretty sad... it really leads me to believe that they don't want it to succeed in the long run at this point and because it didn't live to expectations that they're just milking it for whatever it's worth at this point.

I bet in a year from now this game gets neglected like a fat girl at the club.

Monterone
01.30.2013 , 10:07 PM | #12
I miss the old resolve system... but I think bubbles need to be changed to fit the same resolve model as all other abilities.

I wouldn't mind if bubbles stunned for 2 seconds for 400 resolve -- that may actually work better with the new resolve mechanic.
Sominette . Saminette
Pot5 > Harbinger

Anishor
01.30.2013 , 10:13 PM | #13
Remove the bubble, replace it with a group CC break. It would be poetic and make lightning spec a step towards useful, especially if the upper tiers made that skill more useful

bubble spec made the resolve problem worse, fix it by helping counter the mass CC.
Penumbral, Jung Ma server
Sranishor ( Vengeance *main* ) Sran'ishor ( Marauder *alt* )
PVP Officer
"My passion and the force shows me more than your eyes ever could."

Virus_Bot
01.30.2013 , 11:27 PM | #14
I like turtles.
Decode-Bot - The Bastion.

Paulman
01.31.2013 , 12:55 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
I'm all for the idea of having the stun portion of the bubble being applied to the caster only...

But what if....

Resolve was reverted back to it's previous state and resolve stacked even while stunned?

Could be another option for a fix... thoughts?
Good idea. Or they could revert it back to a mez. Making it self only, would make the spec no longer really viable unless they gave them something else. The simplest fix I my opinion would be simply revert some of the changes.

UGLYMRJ
01.31.2013 , 01:08 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulman View Post
Good idea. Or they could revert it back to a mez. Making it self only, would make the spec no longer really viable unless they gave them something else. The simplest fix I my opinion would be simply revert some of the changes.
Self pop only has always been my favorite idea and back to mezz works of course. Just a random thought that popped in my head since most people don't like the current resolve system. 2 birds... 1 stone.

Would be nice if they gave sorcs some comparable burst to match other DPS classes. That's a tricky on though since they're already capable of big numbers as they are now.

MotorCityMan
01.31.2013 , 01:12 PM | #17
Or how bout fixing the survivability of the sorc healer and improving heals so they can keep up with dmg so the stun bubbles are not the only option? As it is, sorcs cast times are interupted by instant attacks, their heals are largely ineffectual and can't keep up with a dps and their survivability is so ridiculously bad that the only way they can survive is by running away and trying to take advantage of LoS. Applying a stun bubble is instant and can't be interrupted and can be applied while mobile. If a sorc healer could actually heal in a WZ, you would see a lot less bubbling.

UGLYMRJ
01.31.2013 , 01:26 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by MotorCityMan View Post
Or how bout fixing the survivability of the sorc healer and improving heals so they can keep up with dmg so the stun bubbles are not the only option? As it is, sorcs cast times are interupted by instant attacks, their heals are largely ineffectual and can't keep up with a dps and their survivability is so ridiculously bad that the only way they can survive is by running away and trying to take advantage of LoS. Applying a stun bubble is instant and can't be interrupted and can be applied while mobile. If a sorc healer could actually heal in a WZ, you would see a lot less bubbling.
I disagree and feel that sorc survivability isn't bad at all... I normally only die when being focused... everything should die when being focused.

The amount of tools that a sorc has on relatively short CD's makes up for the squishiness in my opinion. If they had more burst I feel like they could be a very valuable DPS class for rated for something other than the stun bubble.

And we have just hi-jacked my own thread and turned it into a "sorcs need survivability" thread. Further comments on the new title coming soon.

MotorCityMan
01.31.2013 , 01:38 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
I disagree and feel that sorc survivability isn't bad at all... I normally only die when being focused... everything should die when being focused.

The amount of tools that a sorc has on relatively short CD's makes up for the squishiness in my opinion. If they had more burst I feel like they could be a very valuable DPS class for rated for something other than the stun bubble.

And we have just hi-jacked my own thread and turned it into a "sorcs need survivability" thread. Further comments on the new title coming soon.
Pretty sure I was describing a sorc healer, not a dps sorc. And yes, you can't just nerf a class ability without considering their utility as a whole.

UGLYMRJ
01.31.2013 , 01:41 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by MotorCityMan View Post
Pretty sure I was describing a sorc healer, not a dps sorc. And yes, you can't just nerf a class ability without considering their utility as a whole.
So as a sorc healer you're saying you die to much so you'd like the devs to help you survive being focused by 3-4 people and live?

Roger that.