Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Another random thought.... regarding the stun bubble.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Another random thought.... regarding the stun bubble.

UGLYMRJ
01.30.2013 , 02:29 PM | #1
I'm all for the idea of having the stun portion of the bubble being applied to the caster only...

But what if....

Resolve was reverted back to it's previous state and resolve stacked even while stunned?

Could be another option for a fix... thoughts?

cycao
01.30.2013 , 02:32 PM | #2
I miss the old resolve system.

CharterMonkKent
01.30.2013 , 02:32 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
I'm all for the idea of having the stun portion of the bubble being applied to the caster only...

But what if....

Resolve was reverted back to it's previous state and resolve stacked even while stunned?

I think stun bubble sorcs/sages would go bye bye pretty quick. Also people would have to pay attention to when they use CCs.

I'm all for it. Any un-dumbing of the pvp in this game is a + for me.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

UGLYMRJ
01.30.2013 , 02:40 PM | #4
If the solution was done like this though... smash would need an adjustment for sure. The only thing that slows down my smashing... and slows it DOWN A LOT.. is stun bubbles.

Give a good rage/focus spec no stun bubbles or cosntant resolve and it could get 'ugly'.

ArchangelLBC
01.30.2013 , 03:18 PM | #5
First you wouldn't be able to change the actual resolve value if you did that.

I believe it was you who mentioned that if resolve worked like that again and bubble stuns gave full resolve you'd just leap into the middle of a bunch of bubbles, do a smash and enjoy your thirty seconds of free immunity. My God can you imagine doing that on combat/carnage? Sweet should still break the bubble, and now you are gonna just destroy things. The bubble would become a complete liability.

This isn't the solution you're looking for. 'd honestly prefer they make the bubble stun caster only, keep the resolve the way it is now, and switch resolve IN GENERAL back to the old system. Sorcs would keep their defensiveness for the most part, I'd find stuns less annoying in general, I think everyone would win here. Though you'd also have to rebalance sorc/sage to be useful in rated because this gimmick is kinda what they have going for them atm =/
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

TheGreatFrosty
01.30.2013 , 03:31 PM | #6

But what if....

I'm all for that which encourages consideration and skill, as opposed to spamming a single move without thought of anything else.

So yes, a fine idea.

Kyanzes
01.30.2013 , 03:33 PM | #7
Add a chance to the stun mechanic. Roll 1 to 50, enemies get stunned. Roll 51 to 100 and you and teammates get stunned. (Talking about people in the radius of effect of course.) Btw I can't think of any skills that could backfire. Why don't we have such effect? Well, maybe the sniper kickback.

foxmob
01.30.2013 , 04:27 PM | #8
it could get 'ugly'.
with you, sir, it already has.

UGLYMRJ
01.30.2013 , 04:37 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
with you, sir, it already has.
You have no idea... I look like the spawn of Rosie O'Donnell and Flava Flav.

L-RANDLE
01.30.2013 , 04:47 PM | #10

But what if....

There is a reason I didn't spec bubble mez before the resolve change. I mean unless teammates want me to insta-fill the enemies resolve bar. The start of HB was by far the worst time to spam bubble.

Now?

The old system made your team pay if you spammed it or had multiple bubblemezzers...

but you know my position Ugly... The resolve change and the nerfs/buffs dumbed this game down so much....
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango