Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

OK Bioware, what's with the lag and crashes??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
OK Bioware, what's with the lag and crashes??

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

melishious
01.30.2013 , 06:24 PM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by bespinsystem View Post
Aye, it could be any number of things, from EA's hardware, to a DDoS attack from a hacker, to a bandwidth squelch by Comcast. But this is consistent with a backbone problem, because it's not affecting everyone, and everything checks out from both ends (meaning no one will take ownership of the problem).
This isn't just comcast i have the same issue and i'm in canada with Shaw..

PatBeal
01.30.2013 , 06:24 PM | #522
Shadowlands
Comcast
Bloomington MN

Smunch
01.30.2013 , 06:25 PM | #523
Jedi covenant(east coast) crashes me out every 2 mins or so. created a character on The Bastion(west coast) made it to level 8, 40 mins no lag above 104ms from what i was noticing. usually 32 on JC server.

Comcast
NH
The Griffin Family
Stewie(Jugg), Meg(Merc), Thaddeuss(sin), Evilmonkey(sniper)
Peter(scoundrel), Lois(sage), Brian(vanguard), Chris(Knight)

benruelz
01.30.2013 , 06:25 PM | #524
Hi sorb,

Please play another character on another server for fifteen minutes, creating a new one if you need to. Then log out and attempt to play the problem character again. This seems to be some kind of server synchronization issue that doing the above can resolve.

Let us know if this does not work.
Quote: Originally Posted by RobotMagician View Post
This is from another thread.
The thread that that post originally came from was made regarding a completely different issue.

mattjame
01.30.2013 , 06:25 PM | #525
Let me add my voice to all the server probs. Jedi Covenant, Shadowlands, Harbinger and Ebon Hawk. Have toons on all 4 servers and major lag on all. If I'm lucky enough to sign on, I can play for about 3 minutes and then toon stops dead, cannot move forward and finally gets kicked to a screen that looks like the loading screen between zones. Nothing ever happens so I have to Ctrl>Alt>Del to shut it down. Try to log back on and at first can only put in first 2 maybe 3 letters of my user name and then refuses to accept any more. Delete those letters and then I can try again and signon. Where we go thru the same process all over again. Makes no difference which server or toon on the server I try.On occasion I will get kicked back to the character select screen. Then if I try to change servers the server selection page will just freeze up.

Skolops
01.30.2013 , 06:29 PM | #526
Well, let's look at what we do know.

First, we know it is unlikely to be a game bug, as not all servers are affected.

Second, we know it appears to be an infrastructure problem, as it is specifically east-coast servers that are affected.

Third, we know that the infrastructure issue is in some way centralized, as whatever it is has affected people from many different ISPs living in many different areas.

On this same note, we also know that it's related by logical proximity to the destination servers, not the clients, because people unable to play on east coast servers are able to play on west coast servers.
El'Skan-Assassin /// Laetrie-Sniper /// Caelie-Slinger /// Fidaeria-Jugg
Armack -Chaetrie -Gaurex -Isdron -Skol'ompara /// Misericordiae -Elnar -Rujko -Sophiya
<I AM LEGEND>
Prophecy of the Five

Sokee
01.30.2013 , 06:30 PM | #527
Quote: Originally Posted by Smunch View Post
Jedi covenant(east coast) crashes me out every 2 mins or so. created a character on The Bastion(west coast) made it to level 8, 40 mins no lag above 104ms from what i was noticing. usually 32 on JC server.

Comcast
NH
Gonna try this out

Rzenegade
01.30.2013 , 06:30 PM | #528
Jedi Covenant
Comcast
Denver, Co

theLast
01.30.2013 , 06:31 PM | #529
I'm on Ebon Hawk and I can't stay connected for more than 15 seconds. Over the last few weeks my guild mates have been experiencing an increasing number of issues with the game. People who never crashed before have suddenly been crashing to desktop on an almost clockwork basis. You can set your watch to 3 of our member's crashes. Every day at 5pm, 7pm and 9pm. Now we have half our membership who can't even log in for more than a few minutes without crashing. Our guild leader and myself have the same crashes, but every 15-30 seconds. I've given up on trying to log back in after trying with multiple characters.

I believe you need to compensate your subscriber customers for this down time. It is clearly an issue on your side or it wouldn't have been steadily getting worse and there wouldn't be such a massively widespread group of people on different ISPs, locations and servers that are experiencing the issue.
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLast
I've never been a fan of the idea of player bounties, but if we have the option of putting bounties out on people using only their forum handle I'd be down for it.
▲▲▼▼◄►◄►(B) (A) (SELECT) (START)

kyocat
01.30.2013 , 06:32 PM | #530
Jedi Covenant, Comcast, FL

I can at least play the game and haven't been kicked out yet but I have constant lag so that when I run or do anything the world looks like its getting pulled along. Its not my comp (which someone told me was the problem) because i run this game on max everything and have never had any problems. This just started happening like a week ago. I would appreciate a fix on this as soon as possible. Maybe BW should make a patch that does more than screw up the game and change the Cartel Market.