Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

OK Bioware, what's with the lag and crashes??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
OK Bioware, what's with the lag and crashes??
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

nelander
01.30.2013 , 02:24 PM | #121
Shadowlands
Bell
Toronto, ON

tracert
Spoiler

pathping

Spoiler
Pandamonium

Mesmeridia
01.30.2013 , 02:25 PM | #122
Server Shadowlands
isp bell Canada
location Kingston Ontario Canada

altorix
01.30.2013 , 02:26 PM | #123
I personally have only had this problem since this morning at 1am, but my brother has had this issue on and off since sunday around 6pm mst.

We both play on Ebon Hawk
Comcast
Denver, CO

this isn't an ISP issue bioware, its your servers. Players should get compensated for the inconvenience

bespinsystem
01.30.2013 , 02:26 PM | #124
While I don't want to seem like I'm in any way defending Bioware/EA games for the problems that plague SWTOR, I'd like to point out I have had this exact same issue with every single MMO I've ever played since the Comcast monopoly muscled out competing ISPs at one time or another. About a year ago this exact same thing happened to LOTRO players using Comcast, and it took days to resolve. This has also happened with WoW, all the SOE MMOs, and DAoC. In each case it was an issue where Comcast was denying signal to and from gaming servers. Now, in their defense, Comcast wasn't doing it on purpose, they just didn't take MMO gaming into account when they laid down new equipment.

At any rate, this is probably an issue only Comcast can fix. I know you really want to blame EA....and so do I to be honest, but I've seen this occur too many times to not blame Comcast. I'm sure EA employees are just as upset as you are right now...well, upset they're having to take your calls and call Comcast themselves. Bazinga.

ChristianPreachr
01.30.2013 , 02:28 PM | #125
Prophecy of the Five
Comcast
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

So between the constant CTD (posted there too) and now this, how many days of playtime am I being credited? I do pay a sub for a game that is the definition of inconsistent.

Martindtotem
01.30.2013 , 02:28 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Greetings all,

Thanks for contacting us.

There's a few details that I'd like you to provide us with.
  • Server
  • ISP
Shadowlands
Comcast
Johnson City, TN

SenaZane
01.30.2013 , 02:29 PM | #127
Prophecy of the Five/ Ebon Hawk
Comcast
Urbana, IL

The lag spikes don't dc me. Its the random loading pages that DC me. At first I thought I was changing instances but I found out 3/4 people in the vent I am are having the same issue (myself included in that number )

UltimusMagus
01.30.2013 , 02:29 PM | #128
Server: Shadowlands
ISP: Comcast

kenderleech
01.30.2013 , 02:30 PM | #129
Ebon hawk/jedi cov and projenitor

comcast

central indiana

Thedreadpirateyi
01.30.2013 , 02:30 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Greetings all,

Thanks for contacting us.

There's a few details that I'd like you to provide us with.
  • Server
  • ISP
Okay, there are enough people having this problem that it is clearly NOT an ISP or Location problem. I've already checked with my ISP and there are no issues with the line, I have no problems with the other three MMOs that I play, so it's definitely a server side issue.

I like many people am getting extremely large lag-spikes and then getting booted to an infinite load screen or dc'd completely.

And for thoroughness

ISP: Comcast
Server: Happening to me on all characters but specifically - The Bastion