Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

OK Bioware, what's with the lag and crashes??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
OK Bioware, what's with the lag and crashes??
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Klarick
03.01.2013 , 09:36 PM | #1251
To my good friend Mr. Owen Brooks,

1. How come many other people (as seen in the many threads and posts on the issue) from all around the world using many many different ISP's are having the EXACT SAME problem? Note: Im not talking about a little lag (as you suggest by posting those links above), im talking about the EXACT SAME issue here.

2. Do you really believe all of us should contact hundreds of different carriers and ask them if they will reroute our signal so we can play SWTOR as you and CS has repeatedly asked us to do?

3. How come this same pool of people report that they have NO MAJOR issues with any of other MMO's they play? Note: Again, im not talking about having an issue from time to time here. Im talking about this issue where this game has become unplayable for many people using many different ISP's and we are all reporting the exact same problem.

4. How come I can be playing EvE, WoW, Rift, Aion, STO, and Champions Online without a major issue, yet my wife in the same room playing SWTOR at the EXACT SAME TIME as im playing one of those titles above, drops constantly, either to the desktop or to a neverending loadscreen?

That's it sir. The 4 questions that should be very easy for a man of your knowledge and stature to be able to explain to those of us that are represented in the many threads about this subject.

I respectfully await you honest and truthfull reply...
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

jarjarloves
03.01.2013 , 09:42 PM | #1252
did you not read his reply? He told u that the other games you listed people are having the same problem.

But why did you not anwer my question

I asked you how come you think its the game when hundreds of thousands of people can play it with out any problem

But a very small percentage of those have a problem? Woudln't that mean the problem is on your end? Should you not upgrade or maintain your computer?

OwenBrooks
03.01.2013 , 09:46 PM | #1253
The internet is not a perfect beast I am afraid, and whilst the issue may not be at the user end it can be beyond there control, this is also why most games have different servers in different areas.

If a player has issues on one server doesnt mean he will have the same issue on another.

The blue post in this thread sums it up well
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...818461?page=16

Quoted - There are thousands of things that can cause disconnection. What resolves the issue for one person may not work for someone else.

Klarick
03.01.2013 , 09:48 PM | #1254
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
did you not read his reply? He told u that the other games you listed people are having the same problem.

But why did you not anwer my question

I asked you how come you think its the game when hundreds of thousands of people can play it with out any problem

But a very small percentage of those have a problem? Woudln't that mean the problem is on your end? Should you not upgrade or maintain your computer?
hmmm JarJarLoves does not appear to be Mr. Brooks. I wish to speak with a certain MrOwenBrooks on the issue. I waill say I admire your attempts to jump the converstation and come to his defense. However, according to Mr. Brooks and his stated credentials he is more that able to defend himself. Basically he doesnt need your help JarJar.

Mr. Brooks please answer the 4 questions I posed.

Again, I eagerly await your honesty:

jarjarloves
03.01.2013 , 09:50 PM | #1255
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
hmmm JarJarLoves does not appear to be Mr. Brooks. I wish to speak with a certain MrOwenBrooks on the issue. I waill say I admire your attempts to jump the converstation and come to his defense. However, according to Mr. Brooks and his stated credentials he is more that able to defend himself. Basically he doesnt need your help JarJar.

Mr. Brooks please answer the 4 questions I posed.

Again, I eagerly await your honesty:
this is a public forum. am i not allowed to talk? or can you not answer my questions?

Klarick
03.01.2013 , 09:56 PM | #1256
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
The internet is not a perfect beast I am afraid, and whilst the issue may not be at the user end it can be beyond there control, this is also why most games have different servers in different areas.

If a player has issues on one server doesnt mean he will have the same issue on another.

The blue post in this thread sums it up well
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...818461?page=16

Quoted - There are thousands of things that can cause disconnection. What resolves the issue for one person may not work for someone else.
Thank you Mr. Brooks for what appears to be an honest answer. After months of your "other" replies it is a moment of clarity that we have with this answer you now have provided for so many of us. Can you please reply with your above statemnt when dealing with us poor folk that struggle to play SWTOR?

Your above answer makes so much more sense then the old: "Call your ISP and ask them to rewire the web so you can play" answer that we have received for way too long.

So, I see that you have confirmed a possible fix that I brought up awhile ago. You state: "this is also why most games have different servers in different areas". I too believe that SWTOR's servers are very poorly positioned and this is what is, more than likely, why so many customers are currently having the same problem. I will omit the 1.5 million that already left so that we can concentrate just on the present situation.

My suggestion was two-fold. Either BW needs to call these Major ISP's and discuss why so many are having issues, OR they simply move there servers to a different location to see if it "cures" the issue. I went to say, that either way, the issue IS biowares and NOT ours. It is THEIR responsibility to ensure they have a stable route for their customers to reach their server.

Thanks Mr. Brooks, I think I see a small bit of light where we may be actually able to reach consensus (common ground).

jarjarloves
03.01.2013 , 09:58 PM | #1257
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
Thank you Mr. Brooks for what appears to be an honest answer. After months of your "other" replies it is a moment of clarity that we have with this answer you now have provided for so many of us. Can you please reply with your above statemnt when dealing with us poor folk that struggle to play SWTOR?

Your above answer makes so much more sense then the old: "Call your ISP and ask them to rewire the web so you can play" answer that we have received for way too long.

So, I see that you have confirmed a possible fix that I brought up awhile ago. You state: "this is also why most games have different servers in different areas". I too believe that SWTOR's servers are very poorly positioned and this is what is, more than likely, why so many customers are currently having the same problem. I will omit the 1.5 million that already left so that we can concentrate just on the present situation.

My suggestion was two-fold. Either BW needs to call these Major ISP's and discuss why so many are having issues, OR they simply move there servers to a different location to see if it "cures" the issue. I went to say, that either way, the issue IS biowares and NOT ours. It is THEIR responsibility to ensure they have a stable route for their customers to reach their server.

Thanks Mr. Brooks, I think I see a small bit of light where we may be actually able to reach consensus (common ground).
please link your source for 1.5 million left

thank you.

.... wait

Did you just say it's Biowares responsiblity to make sure your internet is working?

Is it McDonalds responsibity to make sure the roads are well maintained from their store to your house? Should they change the oil in your car too?

OwenBrooks
03.01.2013 , 10:09 PM | #1258
Well if they changed the oil in my car and offered a free car wash with every order of fries, I can see the benefit in that

Hmm I might drop that into there suggestion box

Klarick
03.01.2013 , 10:19 PM | #1259
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Well if they changed the oil in my car and offered a free car wash with every order of fries, I can see the benefit in that

Hmm I might drop that into there suggestion box
Once again a touching scene where one supports the other. While it is touching and full of the dramatic appeal of so many Hollywood films, I would hope that you Mr. Brooks, the bright and wonderful professional that you profess to be, could be so kind and honest to continue our disussion in a more respectful way that a person of your stature would surely desire -- over these highschool adhominim attacks.

Shall we continue Mr. Brooks?

OwenBrooks
03.01.2013 , 10:27 PM | #1260
Klarick to be honest, I do not want to get into a debate with you that can rival war and peace.

I hope I have clarified my thoughts on the issue and again I am sorry to hear you have issues, but it is not the main focus of my life and whilst I am happy to help people, there is a line of how much of my time I am willing to give, especially if it is just to cater to your dissatisfaction with CS response to your issue.

My suggestion would be to create a thread in the general discussion forum i am sure this can be viewed by a lot more people then, as they do not look at this forum as much.