Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

OK Bioware, what's with the lag and crashes??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
OK Bioware, what's with the lag and crashes??

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sithcreep
02.25.2013 , 12:56 AM | #1181
Same fun here. Game is entirely unplayable since yesterday (this fun has been going on for several weeks now and kept steadily increasing with every new patch, nice job BW). As soon as I log in I got like 5 minutes to live before massive lag spike, red X and finally Nirvana. Hopefully I will be reborn in a better wold without insane random lag, despite having a perfectly functional IT infrastructure..

P.S.: And no its NOT my ISP, my router or anything on my end, because ALL other online games work just perfectly. I didnīt have a single crash or disconnect in 5 years in ANY other online game, its a bad joke imo. Its beyond me how I pay money for getting so massively annoyed, I must be totally insane. I love Star Wars so much, but Iīm gonna have to quit now for good, because my life expectancy already dropped by 10 years due to that massive stress associated with this game. I need to see my shrink but I probably already suffer from a severe form of PTSD by now. Maybe BW should also start running mental institutions where they can send their customers gone nuts due to insane lag and random crashes. Subscribers get single rooms and nurses that look like Satele Shan. Would be a nice money machine in my opinion. Also dont bother answering to this or any of those 500 million tickets I wrote, just relax in the sun and enjoy your cocktails at my expense of course.

Final question, can I please get my money back for all those endless days this game was entirely unplayable due to crazy lag? Or maybe at least free Zanox to recover from this massive mental stress following that traumatic experience? Would be nice..
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkabysslord View Post
Panda ??? who is this Panda U speak of Carl.

Klarick
02.25.2013 , 01:15 AM | #1182
Same issue. The wife and I both. Ever since 1.4 SWTOR becomes more and more unstable. It is to the point where the game is close to being unplayable. BW continues to blame the customer. Please note: The wife and I are both end-game raiders in WoW. We never get dropped to a loading screen or to the desktop. I also raid in AION and in Rift -- without major issues. Last week I was in a massive 2800 ship (thats players -- not NPC's) battle in EvE. Yeah there was a little lag -- hell it was 2800+ players. But never once did I drop to desktop, or to a anything else for that matter.

I play a good many MMO's, as does the wife. Only SWTOR gives us fits. No, Im not going to give you all the info. Ill just go play something else. For the first time, the wife and are seriously considering leaving SWTOR for good, and join the 1.5 million other players that left because of stability issues.

How many more customers you willing to lose BW? Just curious.

EDIT:
What the hell (Just so I can say I played your little ISP game):
Jedi Covenant
Emery Telecom
Utah
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

OwenBrooks
02.25.2013 , 01:50 AM | #1183
Decided to play on jedi covenent tonight see if I DC from Australia

Klarick
02.25.2013 , 01:53 AM | #1184
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Decided to play on jedi covenent tonight see if I DC from Australia
You may or may not Owen. But the 1100 people that decided to report the issue in this thread are having issues. The other 1.5 million people that had issues quit SWTOR.

OwenBrooks
02.25.2013 , 01:56 AM | #1185
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
You may or may not Owen. But the 1100 people that decided to report the issue in this thread are having issues. The other 1.5 million people that had issues quit SWTOR.
So you would rather not find the issue ? If i DC I will look for the cause.

If I can connect from Australia though without issue (yet to be determined) how can you blame the server ?

On my lvl 27 Merc Sha'narra feel free to say hi

Klarick
02.25.2013 , 02:14 AM | #1186
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
So you would rather not find the issue ? If i DC I will look for the cause.

If I can connect from Australia though without issue (yet to be determined) how can you blame the server ?

On my lvl 27 Merc Sha'narra feel free to say hi
I would love to log and say Hi Owen; but, I get a red dot, then a red x, followed by getting kicked to the infinite loadscreen of SWTOR death. Keep ignoring the issue BW and this game will tank for good soon. Over 1200 people have responded to this, from all around the world using many different ISP's yet you tell all of us to call our ISP's? Really?

Screw this -- Im going to go play EvE for awhile -- at least I can play it without getting booted to a loadscreen or to my desktop.

Note:
Last week I had the tech for Emery Telcom to come to the house and check everything (because of issues im having with ONLY SWTOR). He ran over 8,000 packets and had ZERO packet loss. He then changed out our router just so we can rule that out as a suspect. Guess what -- same problem. The tech said there is absolutly NOTHING wrong with our internet. In fact, as said previously, I play way too many MMO's without serious issuse to believe the problem is on my end.

FIX THE FU^^&%^ING PROBLEM!

OwenBrooks
02.25.2013 , 02:28 AM | #1187
I am on here stable at moment 280ms ping but from australia that is normal, can you give me a no 2 or 3 hop on a tracert from your end and I will use looking glass to test backwards to your end

OwenBrooks
02.25.2013 , 04:12 AM | #1188
Well my time on jedi covenent was uneventful, time to swap servers after 2 hours.

Korser
02.26.2013 , 10:01 AM | #1189
Passed on your traceroutes to my isp, here is their reply:

Very little we can do here.

The fixed route to the game servers your playing is via Level3. They have set into their BGP routing a fixed route, so our routing is having to accept that. Level3 appear to be selling cheap bandwidth which we presume the game servers are using....and getting busy. We have already tried for another customer a means to get around, but presently without a conclusion.

I have spent a couple of weeks trying to get someone to accept issues at Level3, but so far nothing.

djaricaricson
02.26.2013 , 12:54 PM | #1190
seriously bioware FIX THIS FRACKING PROBLEM!!!!