Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

OK Bioware, what's with the lag and crashes??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
OK Bioware, what's with the lag and crashes??
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OwenBrooks
02.21.2013 , 03:43 AM | #1121
Quote: Originally Posted by Korser View Post
If the problem is with tengig, shouldnt the hops after be showing equal or greater packet loss? In the screenshot you linked the packetloss is 17.79% at tengig, therefore the one after should be showing 17.79% or higher.

Again looking at the same screenshot the pattern I would expect to see for a problem starting would be at hop 8 (ldn-b5-link.telia.net) that has 3%, but then hop 9 has 7%, hop 10 18%, then when it hits hop 11 (bioware servers) its literally had it, this is more the pattern I would expect to see from a problem according to the reading I've done, an escalation of packetloss.

Also in the following screenshot, there seems to be almost zero packetloss when it hits biowares servers, but on the last 2 hops after there is 60% packetloss ( the 13th hop is red eclipse server btw no idea about 12, but its after what I guess is the login server at hop 11):

http://imageshack.us/a/img713/9572/16thlong.png

As some suggest that it is a Telia problem, well according to hop 11 biowares isp is Telia? bioware-ic-147166-dln-b3.c.telia.net so shouldnt this be something bioware is contacting them about?

I have already tried 2 vpns btw, neither made a difference.
Your presuming the packet loss is occuring at the same level of loss or higher 100% of the time, this is rarely the case.
Depending on the error latency can increase across the path.
The below link is in regards to tracert but it is a good read on the basics.
You need to run pathping-n it will show if the loss is or is not affecting the forwarding route.

The initial point showing packet loss is normally the area of issue as it continues to affect all forward routes, but if the actual issue is a hidden or reverse hop you will never see it, it will just report the loss at this point.

http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog4...eroute_N45.pdf

darklord_xneon
02.21.2013 , 02:08 PM | #1122
Well it happens to me while connecting to The Red Eclipse (nowadays it's 95% of trys) and on Freddon Nadd (this srv is most of the time STANDARD, not even HEAVY, and it still occurs).

My thread on this is here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...88#post5867388

tbonemc
02.21.2013 , 02:16 PM | #1123
These bugs and problems need to *********** end because this is ridiculous

Korser
02.21.2013 , 08:48 PM | #1124
Took a bunch of pingpaths tonight:

5pm 70% pl at biowares server, but all previous hops are clear.

Spoiler

6pm Biowares server stops responding completely, all previous hops still clear

Spoiler

7:30 same as 6 pm, no response from bioware servers, all previous hops still clear

Spoiler

9pm same story, no reply from bioware servers, with all previous hops still showing clear.

Spoiler

10:30pm All showing clear, but massive lag in game.

Spoiler

11:30pm again all show clear but in game massive lag.

Spoiler

I really dont know what conclusion to draw from this, it looks like lag is caused at biowares end from the 5pm - 9pm pingpaths, but then 10:30 onwards is clean, but in game theres massive lag, my ping was anywhere from 27ms up to 2k ms, & at one point I had 3 back to back spikes of 60k, one of which kicked me to the infinite load screen.