Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer rated

nidalad
01.30.2013 , 10:58 AM | #1
I want to call out the Bioware/EA developers/employees. If any of you happen to see this you should push for making a ranked team that can play on all servers. I think having the chance to play an employee team would really reinvigorate the rated scene. You could do an event like this once a month or so .I understand though, you're scurred we're gonna own you I know CCP does stuff like this quite often with EVE Online and it's always a huge hit.
Moonrunner

MiaRB
01.30.2013 , 11:02 AM | #2
BW should never do that. if they did, the forums would be flooded with... "dev team beat us because they cheated!".
can't wait for this game to come out!

tekhiun
01.30.2013 , 11:11 AM | #3
And if they lost "Devs cant even play the game" its a lose - lose situation. What they need to do is ;

1 fix the damn bubble and smash, no need for huge class rebalances just put those specs to the state they were before, while they figure out a better way to do things.

2 create a 4 man ranked team for 2x4v2x4 rated matches, and make normal queues solo only.

3 Implement a matchmaking system that would try to avoid putting new teams against veterans.
Star Wars: Attack of the Cartel.

nidalad
01.30.2013 , 11:25 AM | #4
Well I know this community is poisoned but I don't think it's a loose - loose situation, this type of thing always works well for CCP when they participate with the player base. I also think the teams willing/able to play a developer team are wise enough not to throw false accusations. Additionally they could record the games for all to see which eliminated any accusations of cheating or being horrible players, unless of course they actually are terrible at the game.
Moonrunner

DarthOvertone
01.30.2013 , 11:32 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post
BW should never do that. if they did, the forums would be flooded with... "dev team beat us because they cheated!".
Everybody knows the Devs would totally use hacks.

lol
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Battlemaster Alphafett - Mercenary
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!

KettleBelll
01.30.2013 , 11:51 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by tekhiun View Post

1 fix the damn bubble and smash, no need for huge class rebalances just put those specs to the state they were before, while they figure out a better way to do things.
There have been two 'Developer Spotlights'
- The first developer plays a Gunslinger in PvP, and a Guardian tank for PvE
- The second developer plays a Sniper
- Snipers and Gunslingers are just about 100% unaffected by Smash and Bubble Stun.
- You won't see any changes soon.

-Fal-
01.30.2013 , 11:53 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by nidalad View Post
I don't think it's a loose - loose situation
Seems pretty loose to me.
It's just an object, doesn't mean what you think.

tekhiun
01.30.2013 , 12:59 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by nidalad View Post
Well I know this community is poisoned but I don't think it's a loose - loose situation, this type of thing always works well for CCP when they participate with the player base. I also think the teams willing/able to play a developer team are wise enough not to throw false accusations. Additionally they could record the games for all to see which eliminated any accusations of cheating or being horrible players, unless of course they actually are terrible at the game.
Well i will add that what i said is not what i would think was more talking about how most of the community would see it I think some would also say that the devs shouldnt waste their time with that. Imo it could have a positive effect by showing that the devs actually play the game, instead of just saying they do so.
Star Wars: Attack of the Cartel.

MaDwurschT
01.30.2013 , 01:02 PM | #9
Some other games do this aswell. Like Heroes of Newerth or Smite. But maybe this community is not grown enough : /
Donknatterton - Alles Hutten Ausser Mutti - Republik - Jar'Kai Sword
Streams & VoDs unserer RBG-Spiele auf www.twitch.tv/phrakk

cashogy_reborn
01.30.2013 , 01:03 PM | #10
the devs would get smoked.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads