Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healer vs Infernal Council Assassin HM

Hylentor
01.31.2013 , 11:39 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by shackboredguy View Post
/snip

Never done it as merc heals.
its not too bad on merc. I'd charge up/keep supercharged gas charged by firing at my target (since they start "friendly" in stasis) pop SCG after a few heat builders, which gives 5-6 free power shots (maybe +1 if you have alacrity stacked b/c you aren't optimized yet) and you can probably build another round of full charges from healing yourself for a finishing burst later if needed.

On the original topic: I agree that its more about outhealing the incoming damage than it is about bursting them down... I think my guild (while we still had enough playing to run ops) had more problems here in SM because the newer 50's were a bit undergeared as we didn't have the free Tionese then... just whatever they managed to snag from FPs.

Fiamma_Verde
01.31.2013 , 12:44 PM | #12
I often do this on my smuggler so I might get the mirror moves wrong, but what I find works for me is to build up my TA before the fight with slow release medpacks/underworld medicine. Drop into stealth, and open from behind with a shoot first/back blast, then I usually drop orbital strike ' and chip away at his health with shiv (blaster whip?), the basic attack and by reapplying corrosive dart.

Generally the only healing I'll do for this one is reapplying our HoT, and Emergency medpack. Between the HoT, and Shiv, you shouldn't have a problem with being low on TA, so I try to keep those at 2 stacks so I don't waste one. I don't normally use Recuperative Nanotech on this one since I once saw an operative repeatedly whipe our group on SM by using it. Admittedly the rest of the party could have stayed in one place, but the attack isn't really required.

On a related note, I do find this one irritating since I can't stun to use back blast. Does anyone know if disappearing act will restart combat? I kind of just assumed that it would, but haven't actually tried it out myself...

mikebevo
01.31.2013 , 01:13 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Fiamma_Verde View Post
I On a related note, I do find this one irritating since I can't stun to use back blast. Does anyone know if disappearing act will restart combat? I kind of just assumed that it would, but haven't actually tried it out myself...
do not use disappearing act... It will cause a wipe. I never done it, but the first time I did this with a infiltration shadow in the group, we wiped like 4 times because we could not kill his target because of the debuffs.

Infalliable
01.31.2013 , 01:51 PM | #14
Like others have said, it's not super hard.

You just need to keep up 2 stacks of your HOT on yourself and your energy regen power. Keep corrosive dart on the target, shiv if you need TA stacks, orbital strike (just find a corner far away from everyone and be sure your neighbors aren't moving their boss around), and rifle shot. Use TA for Surgical probe for instant, energy free heals. Just chip away at him. It's a last man standing fight and trying to race through it just makes it harder.

Explosive probe is also an underappreciated skill in this fight. You're not going to be moving around, so drop into cover and use snipe/explosive probe as needed/energy allows.

Like in any boss fight, interrupt everything you can.

Use shield probe on cooldown just to slow down any health loss.

Most Importantly:
Be sure you don't have any HOTs up on anyone else at the start of the fight. Do not use any AOEs near any other boss or player (besides yourself). Do not heal anyone or effect any other person during the fight. Any of these will cause you to do pitiful damage and cause the group to fail the fight. Pick a spot and fight the boss there. Running around will screw up other people.

Fiamma_Verde
01.31.2013 , 02:15 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
do not use disappearing act... It will cause a wipe. I never done it, but the first time I did this with a infiltration shadow in the group, we wiped like 4 times because we could not kill his target because of the debuffs.
Yeah, I kind of figured that'd be the case. Couldn't hurt to ask though.