Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gav Daragon is a ROLE PLAYING server Mkay?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Gav Daragon
Gav Daragon is a ROLE PLAYING server Mkay?

Alavastre
01.30.2013 , 07:00 AM | #11
I don't know, I'm on Ebonhawk, an RP server and no one is constantly ************ about it. Maybe it's only a few servers?
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

Ailie
01.30.2013 , 09:42 PM | #12
Look I made this post when I was pretty pissed off, so if it come across the wrong way I apologise.

But when you're running a server wide RP session on a planet with 35 people and nearly half end up on your ignore list because they've flamed or abused you for doing what you enjoy, it tends to upset you and question why these people even bother to play on a role playing server in the first place.

And no, we do not discriminate against non-rpers. Far from it. But what we do ask is to be respected for what we do. We don't run around abusing pvpers for wanting to queue for warzones instead of RP, all we ask is the same is not done in reverse. We would ask that people don't decide to walk into the middle of our group and emote that they're rubbing the monkey in front of us. I really don't see how this makes us elitest or disrespectful of other players.

Ultimately, this is why RP servers exist in the first place, so a lot of this drama is avoided by grouping like minded people together. And yes, it is why a lot of RPers don't want the APAC servers to merge. Why would we want to be mixed in with even more potential morons when we already have enough on our own designated server?
The Azure Wings of Dawn - Against All Odds
azurewingsofdawn.enjin.com

Styxx
01.30.2013 , 09:51 PM | #13
You have to understand that there be a lot more trolls than we think there be. And they simply like to flock and ruin any nice thing ... and its hard to discourage them since you can`t kill them all day long... so ... unless Bioware actively gets involved...
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

BaronV
01.30.2013 , 10:10 PM | #14
Unfortunately The Progenitor has also been inflicted with the same disease. Arrogant trolls and morons who seem loathe to ruin the experience for everyone.

Im not really into RP but I chose an RP server becuase people tend to be nicer and the community more fun. I was also open to the idea occasionally participating in some small time RP and discussing my character's storyline, background etc.

The problem is the army of people who join an RP server without a care for what it is or the community standards already established over time (such as using English in General!)
I used to be a Jedi like you - until I took a blaster bolt to the knee

MyPetMonkey
01.30.2013 , 10:20 PM | #15
My character John'Lolington isn't welcome on Gav Daragon? What about Jane'Roflcopter?

Ailie stop trying to make Gav your own personal little server.... I would stop calling everyone "wankers" and "morons" as well. Only because it looks hypocritical coming from a moronic **** er.

sharpenedstick
01.30.2013 , 10:28 PM | #16
Most people on RP servers aren't RPers. But if you ask them why they're on an RP server, they'll claim they are there for the more "mature" community.

Usually they have names like xx*****Ma$tA69xx and they've been helping turn /1 into Barrens Chat for the last twenty minutes, but that doesn't mean they aren't mature!

Admiral_Petty
01.30.2013 , 10:37 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by MyPetMonkey View Post
My character John'Lolington isn't welcome on Gav Daragon? What about Jane'Roflcopter?

Ailie stop trying to make Gav your own personal little server.... I would stop calling everyone "wankers" and "morons" as well. Only because it looks hypocritical coming from a moronic **** er.
Ailie was hardly calling everyone morons, just the trolls who don't respect rp on an rp server. Ailie has a point actually, I don't rp per se but I do play on an rp server. I like the community more on rp servers, and even though I don't rp, I do respect the nature of the server. Your names listed are perfectly fine on other servers, but it defeats the point of an rp server to use names like that.

While the trolls don't bother me to much, I can see why abusive behavior would bother the rp people.

Ailie
01.30.2013 , 11:04 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Admiral_Petty View Post
Ailie was hardly calling everyone morons, just the trolls who don't respect rp on an rp server. Ailie has a point actually, I don't rp per se but I do play on an rp server. I like the community more on rp servers, and even though I don't rp, I do respect the nature of the server. Your names listed are perfectly fine on other servers, but it defeats the point of an rp server to use names like that.

While the trolls don't bother me to much, I can see why abusive behavior would bother the rp people.
This is pretty much it, sorry Mr Lol'ington but you pretty much dug yourself your own hole there.

It's just about general respect for the purpose of the server, as well as just people in general. I actually never used to be an RPer until this game, I preferred it to many PvE communities because it was more mature. But now I'm a convert and will do what I can to defend their right to play in peace on a server that is DESIGNED for their style of game play.

All I'm saying is, if you can't respect that, roll somewhere else.
The Azure Wings of Dawn - Against All Odds
azurewingsofdawn.enjin.com

MyPetMonkey
01.30.2013 , 11:34 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
This is pretty much it, sorry Mr Lol'ington but you pretty much dug yourself your own hole there.

It's just about general respect for the purpose of the server, as well as just people in general. I actually never used to be an RPer until this game, I preferred it to many PvE communities because it was more mature. But now I'm a convert and will do what I can to defend their right to play in peace on a server that is DESIGNED for their style of game play.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=2379

Styxx
01.30.2013 , 11:58 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post

I mean no disrespect, but you should know better than this.

You should know that no person over the internet is decent, without the fear of reprisal. Be it a banhammer, or player gank, or name and shame, or whatever. The more you press this issue, the more it will convince certain individuals to go there just to spite you.

I don`t condone such behaviour, but you should know better than to give them "juicy tears". Just report them and be done with it.

Bottom line is nobody respects anything but a loaded gun aimed to their head...and some not even that

The more you drag this, the more you`ll hurt your own server, actually, by convincing players like Lolington to come and crash your party. And you almost deserve it...
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.