Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will sorcerers die?

MotorCityMan
02.16.2013 , 04:19 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralParmesan View Post
yeah any class looks decent when you compare it to the worst class in game. Just because dps sorcs are in a better position than dps mercs doesn't mean the class is fine.

Healing sorcs are currently in a good place in pvp due to the ridiculousness of bubblestun, dps sorcs are a different story however.
Huh? The stun for bubbles is halfway up the lightning dps tree, not healing. Holding out bubblestun as a panacea for healing sorcs is completely misguided. What does it have to do with LOS issues? Interrupt issues? Energy issues. Survivability issues? Healing being nerfed so hard that it cannot keep up with dps. Might as well say because of madness DoTs, sorc healers and lighting dps are fine. Why does bubblestun make healing sorcs ok but not dps sorcs? Ridiculous. Why not just say because of bubblestun, all sorcs are ok, bubblestun is so ridiculously ridiculous that all sorcs are op and all powerful. That's the ticket.

AdmiralParmesan
02.17.2013 , 06:14 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by MotorCityMan View Post
Huh? The stun for bubbles is halfway up the lightning dps tree, not healing. Holding out bubblestun as a panacea for healing sorcs is completely misguided. What does it have to do with LOS issues? Interrupt issues? Energy issues. Survivability issues? Healing being nerfed so hard that it cannot keep up with dps. Might as well say because of madness DoTs, sorc healers and lighting dps are fine. Why does bubblestun make healing sorcs ok but not dps sorcs? Ridiculous. Why not just say because of bubblestun, all sorcs are ok, bubblestun is so ridiculously ridiculous that all sorcs are op and all powerful. That's the ticket.
I don't really need to explain this do I? It's pretty obvious

with the corrp/lightning spec healers get to give bubble stun out for cheap with no cooldown giving the healer a knockback and bublestuns for defense making them a valuable utility. When bubble stun is removed healing sorcs will need some compensation to stay competitive.

Dps sorcs lack the burst damage of other classes and are squishy. You also can only bubble every 5 seconds and it costs more force. Despite the still good utility dps sorcs can give most people don't want them in any serious rated group as dps.
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

MotorCityMan
02.17.2013 , 03:50 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralParmesan View Post
I don't really need to explain this do I? It's pretty obvious

with the corrp/lightning spec healers get to give bubble stun out for cheap with no cooldown giving the healer a knockback and bublestuns for defense making them a valuable utility. When bubble stun is removed healing sorcs will need some compensation to stay competitive.

Dps sorcs lack the burst damage of other classes and are squishy. You also can only bubble every 5 seconds and it costs more force. Despite the still good utility dps sorcs can give most people don't want them in any serious rated group as dps.
Apparently not so obvious. There is a talent that reduces the cast time but there still is a global cool down of 1.5 seconds, and the talent is a 3 second cooldown, not 5.

But I agree with your statement that healing sorcs need some compensation but irregardless of any changes.

Scovina
02.18.2013 , 11:25 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by MotorCityMan View Post
Apparently not so obvious. There is a talent that reduces the cast time but there still is a global cool down of 1.5 seconds, and the talent is a 3 second cooldown, not 5.

But I agree with your statement that healing sorcs need some compensation but regardless of any changes.
Fixed it for you. Sorry but that word always bothers me. The compensation they need to give healers and lightning dps sorcerers is less cat time abilities and for those that do to hit a bit harder to compensate for the wind up. I'm not totally on the band wagon when it comes to we are screwed in pvp but it could be better. However it shouldn't be just us. the devs need to bring every class up to the same level. Of course there will always be some slight differences but it can be done without gimmicks like our bubble stun. As much as I love that thing I hate how many stuns are in this game.

PeteyLo
02.21.2013 , 03:27 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Exspara View Post
Okay I get that sorcerers are suppose to be flimsy and all, but why are they like the worst class in the game. The only thing they can do is heal. Sorcerers have been nerfed at least 3 times already. And why do I say this?

1. You get the worst defense in the game. While other classes have medium armor or stealth, we get the wonderful 2k protection of static barrier! Wow amazing! You're dead 1 second later. Not to mention they only have 1-2 main stuns.
2. Worst skills. Now you are like wait, that is not true. But look: Many bosses have force immunities. Also in pvp, well you are screwed because it seems just about every other class has force damage/ability removal skills or temporary immunities to it. Also their best abilities have cast times which can always be interrupted.
3. Worst dps of all of the dps classes. Yes they can heal, but I want to do something BESIDES THAT. What good is a character that will die almost instantly if they can't even do the most damage.
4. Obviously... worst pvp class in the game. And no, you can't even heal then.
5. Worst mobility. You would think force speed would fix this issue. NOPE, in order to make yourself 'useful', you have to stand in the same spot forever, while the enemy runs around you, either interrupting you or forcing your attacks to cancel. Oh yeah almost forgot, then you die.
6. After you lose all of your force, your dead. There is no way to regain your force (yes other than waiting), besides taking away your health at the cost of slower force regeneration.
7. Why the .... is this class the only one that moves while it is regenerating its health and force. Who was the person who came up with Seethe? Did you know it will cancel and say fail if your character steps on a crack or something. And no, Jedi Consulars do not move then they recuperate while they are suppose to be mirrored classes, nor do any other classes. And yes YOU CAN DIE FROM THIS: falling off a ledge, your pvp enemy sees you moving while you are hiding and failing to regenerate, you try to regenerate near a wall but fail and then destroy your keyboard.
----- The worst part is that they will probably be nerfed again because people seem to think they are still OP. Yes, the shiny lightning looks intimidating, but its not that scary if you look at it more carefully.

Now what is the point of all of this? I want sorcerers to get some major buffs when the level cap goes up to lvl 55. I also do not want sorcerers to be nerfed anymore. I want some sort of advantage over some class in some form, examples: DPS may be good, faster character, can absorb health from others, make static barrier stronger. Could please, please, something be done?
Get better at LoSing
"One Insanus to rule them all, one Insanus to find them, one Insanus to bring them all and in the darkness bind them."
F*** the free world. Long Live Bantle! Don't forget Smoochie, and have you seen Indianguy?

Slinnak
02.22.2013 , 10:14 AM | #66
Sorcs do lack dps when it comes to wzs but if you want to be on the top of the scoreboard for highest dps I suggest you play a marauder. Sorc is more of a support class meaning they do a moderate amount of dps but occasionally cast a few heals and stuff but one thing I like the most about sorcs is they are a great class for 1v1s.

MotorCityMan
02.23.2013 , 11:07 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by PeteyLo View Post
long post
Have to agree. I just will leave my sorc healer on the shelf until they fix it. No way am I going to spend every 8-12 min wz visiting the med center 12-20 times. In a premade where the healer has a guard on them and peelers of course it is different. But so what? Make the stupid character playable by everyone, not just elite premades.