Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Will sorcerers die?


Frakkensteinse's Avatar


Frakkensteinse
01.31.2013 , 11:41 AM | #21
Sorry, but yes mostly I was thinking pvp...
But anyway I thought this thread was about how to make Sorcs more viable not mercs and op healers.

I havent reaally played healer for thoose classes so I have to ask this: Do they (ops/mercs) have less hps than sorcs in pve as it is today? In PVP they seem to do quite well both on individual healing and area healing. The one thing that really makes sorcs stand out in PVE (AFAIK) is the area-heal (only full corruption specced sorcs). All other heals seem to me to be less effective (heal/energy/time) than Ops/Mercs. But maybe I have missed something? Do anyone have some parsed combat log stas so that we can compare? Could be interesting.

I can also say that my suggestions werent made to make sorcs survive longer in any form of 2-1 (focused target) PVPsituation, its more a way to make them more mobile while working and thus be on par with other classes dps and hps-wise
Take a pick: arguing by ignorance or arguing by confirming the arguments you find meaningless.

veyl's Avatar


veyl
01.31.2013 , 01:22 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by tXHereticXt View Post
I want Darkness to have burst damage withour sacrificing it's tanking capabilities and my Sin to have the Sorcerer's Absorb so I don't need a pocket-healer to tank anything in the game.


...we all want stuff.
An assassin asking for anything is comical.

Though the OP is pretty off on some of his assessments, Sorc's still remain in a pretty terrible place and that's something a lot of people agree with. (The class feedback thread for sorcs is a broken record at this point about the state of the class in pvp) Merc's are also in the same boat but the main difference between them is the sorcs are targeted first due to "big number" syndrome.

The only thing I would hope for with the Makeb patch coming is that Bioware realizes that they need to step their game up in the "balance" department. They can look at Marauders/Sentinels and realize that's how it should be: Each tree viable for PVP, Each bringing it's own unique strengths/weaknesses and the class itself has the defensive CD's it needs to be able to help survive during a game. (Not to mention team support buffs). If every class in the game was on the same level across the board, balance might be a little tighter.

Devinia-Hex's Avatar


Devinia-Hex
01.31.2013 , 01:31 PM | #23
Yes they have been gimped since 1.2 and while other classes have been buffed and have something called burst damage and defensive cooldowns Sorc/Sages have none we are the only class in the game who have light armor the weakest of all physical damage reduction. The only tree with decent force management is Lightning but it has no burst damage or and a poor 31 point talent . Force Lightning it's largest base damage spell is reduced by armor due to it being energy based with only a 6% bonus to damage and a long cooldown and heavy force use.
Even with the 50% bonus crit damage the spell is still lack luster only hitting for low 4k range while smash hits in upwards of 7k.

The frontal cone overload instead of AOE and reductioning electrocute from 30 meters to 10 were two nerfs that the class really didn't need. The class needs an increase in damage across the board. Give madness a stackinbg buff like assassins have onforce lighning where shock increases the bonus damage by 25% and at three stacks we are healed for 2% of the damage immune to interupt this is not a huge change but would give us some much need burst that would still require a ramp up time. Give our shocks the same bonus as assasins 15% to base or 50% bonus to crit with a stacking buff x2 of 15% per stack (some form of this not all of them) currently it has 6%.

Assassins get a passive buff that increases shock damage and endurance we have no passive buffs to anything damage related or endurance

Will the class die ? Yes if Bioware does nothing to change it's current state..
Dashara Bergen Colony Devinia Hex The Bastion

DCmadness's Avatar


DCmadness
01.31.2013 , 02:47 PM | #24
I don't think you know how to play this class. When im playing my sorc im unbeatable unless im under focus fire! Its all about using your surroundings. Moving while applying dots or hitting shock. Then spam chain lightning if possible and you will wreck havic. L2P or go reroll!

ahduth's Avatar


ahduth
01.31.2013 , 03:32 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DCmadness View Post
I don't think you know how to play this class. When im playing my sorc im unbeatable unless im under focus fire! Its all about using your surroundings. Moving while applying dots or hitting shock. Then spam chain lightning if possible and you will wreck havic. L2P or go reroll!
Yeah, I'm generally agreeing with this, I'm usually one of the more competitive members of any pug team I join. And that's no matter whether or not I'm heals / bubbles, full madness, bubbles / hybrid dps, or whatever.

This crap about survivability seems to stem from a lack of understanding or ability to use crowd control properly. I mean, if I'm 0/23/18 I have so much crazy CC at my disposal... I'm easily one of the most annoying elements on the field. If they're not focus firing me, they're doing it wrong because I'm going to endlessly slow them down and interrupt them.

Learn to play the class, it is really quite amusing once you do.

wwkingms's Avatar


wwkingms
01.31.2013 , 11:38 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DCmadness View Post
I don't think you know how to play this class. When im playing my sorc im unbeatable unless im under focus fire! Its all about using your surroundings. Moving while applying dots or hitting shock. Then spam chain lightning if possible and you will wreck havic. L2P or go reroll!
proof


lemme see u 1v1 and beat a full ewh pyro pt

lemme know how eating 15k dmg in 3 gcd's feels oh great one
NIHIL

THE BASTION

darthgamer's Avatar


darthgamer
02.01.2013 , 12:07 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by ahduth View Post
Yeah, I'm generally agreeing with this, I'm usually one of the more competitive members of any pug team I join. And that's no matter whether or not I'm heals / bubbles, full madness, bubbles / hybrid dps, or whatever.

This crap about survivability seems to stem from a lack of understanding or ability to use crowd control properly. I mean, if I'm 0/23/18 I have so much crazy CC at my disposal... I'm easily one of the most annoying elements on the field. If they're not focus firing me, they're doing it wrong because I'm going to endlessly slow them down and interrupt them.

Learn to play the class, it is really quite amusing once you do.
The arguement is that we shouldnt have to hybrid ourselves out like prostitutes to be viable
I'll be the butter you'll be the popcorn

wwkingms's Avatar


wwkingms
02.01.2013 , 12:48 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by darthgamer View Post
The arguement is that we shouldnt have to hybrid ourselves out like prostitutes to be viable
i know right?

"l2p ur class, ur role is to be annoying.. "

sorry i picked a ranged light armor wearer to do some fking dmg, not annoy people
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
02.01.2013 , 03:24 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by darthgamer View Post
The arguement is that we shouldnt have to hybrid ourselves out like prostitutes to be viable
You were given a solution, and you complain ' But I dont wanna go hybrid, I wanna go 0/41/0 and kick arse'

most classes have to go a bit here and a bit there to pull out most. That's what good players do, Adapt. (Darvin's Evolution theory says 'hello')
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

ahduth's Avatar


ahduth
02.02.2013 , 11:03 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
You were given a solution, and you complain ' But I dont wanna go hybrid, I wanna go 0/41/0 and kick arse'

most classes have to go a bit here and a bit there to pull out most. That's what good players do, Adapt. (Darvin's Evolution theory says 'hello')
I don't think you can actually go 0/41/0, can you? Not enough spots available for those points.
Quote: Originally Posted by darthgamer View Post
The arguement is that we shouldnt have to hybrid ourselves out like prostitutes to be viable