Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Will sorcerers die?


fantomjchx's Avatar


fantomjchx
01.30.2013 , 07:27 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
if they are worst, why u play it?
as I do respec to smash if my pvp team has to many tanks, my main spec on jugg is hybrid tank.
Maybe your problem is you play 'only sorcerer' and don't know other classes.
grass is always greener on the other side and all players want to buff their class. guess what. I play all of them (some got deleted tho)
As I said **** from this forum 0/10

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
01.30.2013 , 07:57 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by fantomjchx View Post
As I said **** from this forum 0/10
mmm kay, live in your little world where you think, that by spamming force lightning you will be winning 1 vs 1 100% of the time no matter of enemy.

Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Deimosmp's Avatar


Deimosmp
01.30.2013 , 08:52 AM | #13
If you love the class but are struggling with it in PvP please check out my stream. I play a 2500 Rated DPS sorc on The Harbinger.

http://www.twitch.tv/darcington

Feel free to stop by and ask me questions during the stream. My main goal of the stream is to promote PvP for my server but I always offer advice to sorcerers who ask or seem to be struggling with their class. There is also a thread of mine on the Sorcerer forums that I will bump so that people can discuss sorc gameplay as well.
DarÁ - The Harbinger - The Squirtle Squad

I'm not sending subliminal messeges.

Jayshames's Avatar


Jayshames
01.30.2013 , 03:53 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by tXHereticXt View Post
I want Darkness to have burst damage withour sacrificing it's tanking capabilities and my Sin to have the Sorcerer's Absorb so I don't need a pocket-healer to tank anything in the game.


...we all want stuff.
Difference is, Assassin tanks are pretty much fine where they are. There's no arguing that Sorcerer is the worst class at the moment.

I love the Sorcerer playstyle and will continue to play it, but I can safely say out of every class i've played and gotten to a decent level, it is by far the worst.

Why give a class a DPS tree if it's absolutely useless with it? Sure it can pull high numbers at the end of a game, but that means nothing if you can't actually kill anyone. As for the argument that I often see 'if sorcs are left alone they can do very high damage' I'm almost certain this applies to any DPS class, infact even tanks and healers.

Justmy2c

Quote: Originally Posted by glocklB View Post
Stop crying, sorcerer is far not the worst class. Pretty impopular in rwzs, but great in unranked wzs. Merc is way worse atm. While sorc has chances to 1v1 every other class even in open duel. When it comes to wzs (loads of LOS obstacles) madness sorcerer usually has better chances against everyone. Lightning is garbage though, just don't play it in wzs while sorcs have 2 pretty much playable dps specs
No, Sorcerers are popular because they used to be good. As for Mercs being worse I strongly disagree. As weak as you think pyro tree is, I'm pretty sure it can easily hammer a Sorcerer into the ground.

Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
if they are worst, why u play it?
as I do respec to smash if my pvp team has to many tanks, my main spec on jugg is hybrid tank.
Maybe your problem is you play 'only sorcerer' and don't know other classes.
grass is always greener on the other side and all players want to buff their class. guess what. I play all of them (some got deleted tho)
Also not the case. I have several 50s and can safely say that; Snipers are perfectly balanced, I'm pretty happy where my Assassin is, Vanguard is decent. Juggernaut/Gaurdian are also fine, though I don't play those because i'm forced to play smash and it's pretty lame. Sorcerer and Operative on the other hand, capable of healing, yes, DPS trees are absolutely awful though.

paowee's Avatar


paowee
01.30.2013 , 04:32 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by MotorCityMan View Post
In every game I have pvp'ed a healing class in, no dps was able to kill a healer 1 on 1. Of course the healer could not kill the dps either. Usually it takes 2, sometimes even 3 dps to kill a healer in pvp. In SWTOR, any dps or tank can easily kill a sorc healer quickly. It's ridiculous. Half or more of the healing I do in pvp is trying to keep my sorc healer alive and it is so flimsy and the heals so meager compared to dps attacks that it is just silly. The only solution I have is to shelve the character until they fix it. So I have to agree with the OP, this is a sorry excuse for a character which should be fun to play. I absolutely hate playing my sorc healer in pvp. Won't do it. Smuggler or Operative can keep a sorc completely stunned and dead inside of 2-4 seconds. The sorc knows it, the smugglers and operatives know it, which is why they target sorcs. It begs the question, why doesn't BW know it? Or if they do, they do nothing? This is supposed to be pvp? No, there are too many other opportunities to have fun gaming to put up with that nonsense.
I enjoy my sorc healer in PVP (solo q normal warzones). I don't find them horribad as some players are saying. Maybe you just have to learn how to play it better. Fyi, if you are being focus fired, and standing there trying to outheal the incoming damage from a PT and/or Sniper and/or Marauder, you are going to die. Run around, kite and be mobile.......
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

paowee's Avatar


paowee
01.30.2013 , 04:33 PM | #16
[snip]
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

LastWizard's Avatar


LastWizard
01.30.2013 , 04:34 PM | #17
This is a legit thread? You serious? Talk to mercs and get back to me.

wwkingms's Avatar


wwkingms
01.30.2013 , 11:51 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by glocklB View Post
Stop crying, sorcerer is far not the worst class. Pretty impopular in rwzs, but great in unranked wzs. Merc is way worse atm. While sorc has chances to 1v1 every other class even in open duel. When it comes to wzs (loads of LOS obstacles) madness sorcerer usually has better chances against everyone. Lightning is garbage though, just don't play it in wzs while sorcs have 2 pretty much playable dps specs
glad we're great in wz's that dont matter

sorcs need a slight dmg buff across the board
when a 31 pt talent, which is single target and has a 2s activation time cant hit as hard as an aoe, instant ability which can have its cooldown well under 10s with reactive abilites then something is wrong, especially when the class is also the squishiest

cloud mind needs to be turned into a defensive cooldown, plain and simple
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Frakkensteinse's Avatar


Frakkensteinse
01.31.2013 , 05:44 AM | #19
Easy solution for corruption: Up the hps on Dark Infusion fore more healing while left alone. Make dark heal instant so we get some mobility while healing... Its silly that the squishiest healer has the least mobility. Will also make us use DH. Its not worth it (heal/energy/time) as it is now.

Easy solution for lightning: More damage on Force lightning wich means mor dps while left alone, but its easy to interrupt due to its obviousness (its hard not to notice that lightning). Make lightning strike instant for more mobility.

Easy solution for madness: Up the dps and reduce the ticks on affliction (shorter duration but higher damage, since the time it takes to do full damage is ridiculos... who lives or dont get purged for 15 seconds?) and make crushing darkness instant for more mobility.
Take a pick: arguing by ignorance or arguing by confirming the arguments you find meaningless.

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
01.31.2013 , 06:01 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Frakkensteinse View Post
Easy solution for corruption: Up the hps on Dark Infusion fore more healing while left alone. Make dark heal instant so we get some mobility while healing... Its silly that the squishiest healer has the least mobility. Will also make us use DH. Its not worth it (heal/energy/time) as it is now.

Easy solution for lightning: More damage on Force lightning wich means mor dps while left alone, but its easy to interrupt due to its obviousness (its hard not to notice that lightning). Make lightning strike instant for more mobility.

Easy solution for madness: Up the dps and reduce the ticks on affliction (shorter duration but higher damage, since the time it takes to do full damage is ridiculos... who lives or dont get purged for 15 seconds?) and make crushing darkness instant for more mobility.
You do think pvp only right? upping sorc and sages HPS will neutralize to the bone operatives and merc healers in raids.
all of your propositions to increace dps and hps will make progression operations inquisitor/consular only, will help assassins/shadows in their high enouth burst (I'm thinking mind crush/crushing darnkess to be instant without proc), and will NOT change how fast you die on pvp as a sorcerer.

added: to back up my words, look at mercenary/commando. easy as ***** 18 yo girl rotation, and high dps doesn't make them pvp gods, if anything, they are first to shut down right after healers.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013