Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Augment Kits

DarthDemons
01.29.2013 , 09:18 PM | #1
If I have an MK-5 Augment kit with an Advanced SKill Augment 21 for example, and install it on a piece of armor, clothing, bracer, weapon, or whatever would I be able to unequip it later and equip it to a newer or better weapon/ piece of armor, clothing or whatever? And if I can do this I am aware I would definetely have to pay the 15K to equip it onto the new piece of equipment that I have.

Eternalnight
01.29.2013 , 09:39 PM | #2
You can pull out the augment itself and use it later on a another piece of gear, but you need to get a new augmentation kit to add a slot to that other piece of gear

JacksonMo
01.29.2013 , 11:26 PM | #3
Augment slots are permanent. Once added you can not pull an augment kit back off a piece of gear.

Athena-Nike
01.29.2013 , 11:42 PM | #4
Aug Kits allow an item to use up to a certain level of augment. Once you add a kit to an item its permanent and the kits gone for good, but the augment you place in it can be swapped out (like mods, enhancements, hilts/barrels, armorings). You can upgrade from one level to another by using another aug kit of higher level later (going from MK-2 to MK-5 or something to use better augments).

JacksonMo
01.30.2013 , 05:30 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Athena-Nike View Post
Aug Kits allow an item to use up to a certain level of augment. Once you add a kit to an item its permanent and the kits gone for good, but the augment you place in it can be swapped out (like mods, enhancements, hilts/barrels, armorings). You can upgrade from one level to another by using another aug kit of higher level later (going from MK-2 to MK-5 or something to use better augments).
MK-6 is the highest. I don't even use them leveling. The lower level kits are too restrictive and 9 times out of 10 when I try to put an augment into something it gives me an error message.
At lower levels, augments are primarily used by avid PvPers who can afford to deck their newbie alts out in the best gear available.
For PVE they are really just a money pit prior to end-game ops. If you're making an effort to do every quest, you'll be 3+ levels past everything for much of the game.