Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag spikes, disconnects etc.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Lag spikes, disconnects etc.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Slaeby
02.09.2013 , 11:06 AM | #61
Still happening to me today. About every 5 minutes I get huge lag spike, red X in server latency, then disconnected from game. I can close the game and immediately log back in. Also, I've noticed that while teamspeak doesn't seem effected by this, my connection to one of my ventrilo servers is, while another ventrilo server is not. Would seem to indicate an internet problem.

tracert
Spoiler

pathping
Spoiler
Leet MMO gaming skills since 1998.
And yes, I'm that Slaeby.

devtek
02.09.2013 , 11:27 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
This is NOT a problem with the ISPs. I've been having this issue whenever game maintenance is postponed to the point that I either lag and eventual DC from the game or I have periodic lagspikes that then reset to normal.

It happened around Christmas and it happened again in the last few days. Why? Inconsistent server maintenance.

It won't happen to the entire universe, but it will damn sure happen to people who are living further away from the servers they're connected to it.

Sort it out, Bioware.
The problem is happening to me as well with increasing frequency as it goes longer and longer without maintenance. Happened at Christmas, and is happening now. We can't go three weeks without maintenance apparently. At one point there was a rolling DC in my ops group as we were attempting 5 stack dreadtooth. In total 8 of us DCd one after another. There needs to be maintenance EVERY week or this just keeps on happening. And no its not my isp or my internet, nothing but SWTOR does this.

Slaeby
02.09.2013 , 11:30 AM | #63
Update - I just logged in, opened the mailbox. Tried to take an item - immediate DC. Also, my disconnects from ventrilo DO NOT happen without SWTOR open. WIth SWTOR open, correspond to the DC from game - lag start around 9k, then 11k, eventually ticking up to 20k before I get DC'ed.
Leet MMO gaming skills since 1998.
And yes, I'm that Slaeby.

OwenBrooks
02.09.2013 , 03:56 PM | #64
The tracert and pathping look ok, the only thing I can see is indication of a congested link between buckeye cablevision and level 3.net (spiking to over 300ms), you can run a few more tracert s to see if hops 5, 6 and 7 vary a lot.

Other then that only suggestion is check your firewall exception settings (including router) and make sure nothing is running in windows scheduler.
Try a clean boot and see if the issue is still there, run the repair function on the launcher (lower left cog) .
Process of elimination, All I have at this point.

ReGenosis
02.09.2013 , 07:04 PM | #65
Last 2 hops to the server (owned by bioware) is the only spikes in my trace..
Rest is at 14-29ms but in bioware domain it sometimes (after long times without server resets) spikes to 2-3000 which it SHOULD not be doing on 30mb/s cable...

DarthInsiria
02.10.2013 , 09:02 AM | #66
2 days of d/c free gameplay.
I would suggest to contact ISP anyways, even though according to my ISP everything was ok on their side little change they made in config had great impact on my connection.
Time to go and enjoy the game
[50] Insiria - Sith Juggernaut [50] Kyrae - Sith Assassin
[17] Asathis - Mercenary [17] Nelrae - Jedi Sentinel

Leigabar
02.10.2013 , 09:59 AM | #67
I do not want to make a rant or anything like that but since yesterday The Progenitor have huge Lag issues. Can any one from CS adress this problem?

Guys we pay for this game so at least give us info what is happening.

B.R.
Leigabar

evasince
02.10.2013 , 10:40 AM | #68
Bumped so Bioware has an idea on how often this is being brought up.

At least 5 topics on this..

Hoodieblocks
02.10.2013 , 01:50 PM | #69
Been getting dc'd to the frozen loading scream all day today. But I like poster, has had this problem for about 2 weeks.

TheNightcrawler
02.10.2013 , 03:25 PM | #70
Been having problems with lag for quite some time now. Spoke with a CS guy and he helped me out. Game was working fine for an entire week and then yesterday evening, lag was all over the place again. This was happening on Jedi Covenant BTW.
Heavily Medicated For Your Safety

Self Control. The Only Way To Survive In This World Dominated by Idiots.