Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag spikes, disconnects etc.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Lag spikes, disconnects etc.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthInsiria
02.01.2013 , 03:40 AM | #31
Did CS lost their interest with this topic?

You have asked us to post information so we did, all of us are still waiting for your response.

Ultimate
02.01.2013 , 03:46 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthInsiria View Post
1st off Hello community, unlucky that I have to start with this section.

As mentioned in the title I'm facing rather annoying lag spikes and random disconnects from the server.
I'm playing on The Red Eclipse server only (IGNs: Insiria, Kyrae, Asathis) and have a total of few months of game play behind me which of course has been featured by above mentioned. I used to don't care about it very much, maybe because I was a F2P so I couldn't get an individual solution on forums.
Finally my patience has run out and I'm tired of all this, I really love the game, even set up 180 subscription option but how I'm supposed to enjoy end game features and all the other aspects when I'm facing such thing. I demand, yes demand a solution for this problem. I have no problems streaming videos to my PS3 whole day long neither downloading large quantities of files or in any other way using my internet thus my connection is "perfect" if it matters my ISP is UPC Ireland and I'm currently on 30Mb/s plan with them which I think is enough for SW:TOR.

The game runs fine until it "decides" to get itself a lag spike (highest of 60000+ms) and usually when it reaches 35k ms simply disconnect me from the server, but that's not the end of the story. Upon disconnection I'm stuck at loading screen which after few minutes of waiting for a change is just pointless so I'm forced to force close the application. Sometimes it just close or should I say crash to the desktop without any feedback. Just before I started this thread I've been in a warzone which my team would win yet I didn't make it to the end as I got lagged so yet another commendation prize flew away. I do not mean to advertise in any way but World of Warcraft runs without any issues no matter how long I play.

Gonna go back online and play until next d/c.

Please help me sort out this issue asap.
Lots of people are having this trouble and bioware are not doing anything, all you can do is post up your isp and location and the server that you use but tbh i dont think the problem lies with us the customers its bioware sh*tty super servers, i too have regular lag and crashes and am sick to death of it. but 10000+ threads and no acknowledgement from bioware

Hope you get it sorted
"Shoot a nuke down a bug hole, you got a lot of dead bugs"

Its not a Meatree....it's an Ambush!

OwenBrooks
02.01.2013 , 03:54 AM | #33
Here is the likely issue. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=592722 but the issue can be on the reverse path still.
If you want the basics on interpreting these pathpings and tracerts then read this http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog4...eroute_N45.pdf and have a read about asymmetric paths and mpls the internet is now based on them.

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hey everyone, thank you for helping us out by sending us your information. After further investigation, it still appears to be an ISP-related issue. As CS has mentioned before, please contact your ISP for more information. Thank you for your help with this investigation. If you would like, you may continue to post your information in this thread.

Radzkie
02.01.2013 , 03:56 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthInsiria View Post
Did CS lost their interest with this topic?

You have asked us to post information so we did, all of us are still waiting for your response.
They did answer.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...90#post5798290

DarthInsiria
02.01.2013 , 04:13 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Radzkie View Post
Thanks for the link

Anyways BW/EA wut the ****?! How's that a problem with each single ISP out there? It's clearly something to do with your own provider but you just won't take the blame and force it onto us, your customers
That's some service you provide...

Some additional information below

Spoiler

OwenBrooks
02.01.2013 , 04:31 AM | #36
European Server issue is different to the one discussed in the recent posts, similar cause but yes i think the Europe one is with Cable and Wireless Network (Vodafone) that the servers are connected too. They are the hosting network for the european servers.

Valkyrst
02.04.2013 , 01:54 AM | #37
This is NOT a problem with the ISPs. I've been having this issue whenever game maintenance is postponed to the point that I either lag and eventual DC from the game or I have periodic lagspikes that then reset to normal.

It happened around Christmas and it happened again in the last few days. Why? Inconsistent server maintenance.

It won't happen to the entire universe, but it will damn sure happen to people who are living further away from the servers they're connected to it.

Sort it out, Bioware.

Mikailaa
02.04.2013 , 04:58 AM | #38
I can't see it being an ISP issue since so many people are having this issue with so many different ISP's. I think we should start listing our ISPs so maybe than can sort this out and fix what is wrong on our end or yours.

I am experience this issue more and more frequent. Just random load screens, sometimes I load back into game quickly and other times i freeze and have restart the game.

I am on the Asian Server Dalborra / Republic side. Doesn't matter where I am in game, it's randomly.

OwenBrooks
02.04.2013 , 05:00 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Mikailaa View Post
I can't see it being an ISP issue since so many people are having this issue with so many different ISP's. I think we should start listing our ISPs so maybe than can sort this out and fix what is wrong on our end or yours.
You are correct it is not an ISP issue it is a backbone/path issue there is a difference

Ultimate
02.04.2013 , 05:00 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Mikailaa View Post
I'm currently on o2, 20mb.

The game was fine before Christmas and BOOM really unplayable lag
"Shoot a nuke down a bug hole, you got a lot of dead bugs"

Its not a Meatree....it's an Ambush!