Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best PvP class?

Jayshames
01.29.2013 , 12:42 PM | #11
It depends what server, it depends what fits your playstyle, they all are good at different things, don't play fotm.

iSoldat
01.29.2013 , 12:48 PM | #12
If things were truly balanced there wouldn't be a need for FoTM classes. People would play to their own skills in a manner that they choose. My first PVP character was my merc, I don't even queue the merc any longer due to the changes that drastically reduced the effectiveness of the class.

How many people would rather play the class they most identify with over a "viable" FoTM class?

paul_preib
01.29.2013 , 12:50 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ExpectWar View Post
Hey guys I just started playing again (quit in May 2012), I was wonder which classes are doing the best at the moment? The Warzones I played so far the classes seem pretty balanced to me.

What do you guys think
Popular right now (could be called Flavor of the Month):

Focus Specced Knights/Warriors for the hearty aoe burst and benefits of single stat itemization

Hybrid Specced Sage/Sorc Healers: On demand low resolve stun bubble is very popular, trades raw output for sheer survivability

Classically popular: (i.e. less likely to see significant alteration/draw ire)

Healspecced Operatives: Mobility and survivability, Hot healing also means your team is receiving benefit while you are out of commission

Pyro PT: On demand Railshot from 30 yard incinerate is gone but otherwise the burst is still there.

Combat Specced Sentinel/Mara: SIngle target burst plus group speed buff makes them still extremely useful, you just see fewer because of the popularity of focus/rage right now (Watchman is fading a bit as more and more are cognizant enough to cleanse the burns).

Hybrid-Specced Shadows/Assassins: There's about three different variations based on how tanky vs. dps-y you want to be but still offer up a lot of utility and respectable dps at the expense of a little bit higher skillcap.

Food for thought class:

Sniper/Gunslinger: Melee is very popular in this game, these counter both melee and bubble stun well. Never seem to be that well represented but can do a lot of good things.
Cyperian -- Sorceror Cyterian-- Sentinel Cyrellian-- Trooper Cyprian-- Sage
Cylerian-- Scoundrel Kyrellian-- Sniper
Of the Bloodborne and Deargna-Fhuil Legacies