Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best PvP class?

ExpectWar
01.29.2013 , 11:10 AM | #1
Hey guys I just started playing again (quit in May 2012), I was wonder which classes are doing the best at the moment? The Warzones I played so far the classes seem pretty balanced to me.

What do you guys think
Bobbybimbo - The Bastion

Kontraz
01.29.2013 , 11:16 AM | #2
it depends on what you are trying to get out of the warzone. If you are going heals, operative is the way to go. If you want lots of nice numbers, I'd go with smash juggernaut. If you want utility and good 1v1 ability, tank assassin

livinlife
01.29.2013 , 11:22 AM | #3
pt pt pt pt or sniper sniper sniper sniper
livinsith 55 sorc heals Master D server
nif 55 sage heals Dalborra server
livinsolo 34 scoundrel heals Bastion server
agv 16 commando heals Po5 server

Autad
01.29.2013 , 11:24 AM | #4
Shadow/Sin tank imo

UGLYMRJ
01.29.2013 , 11:24 AM | #5
In my opinion Jugs are the most viable class in game right now.

The only class that has more than one viable role. Some have multiple specs that can be used like marauder (carnage/rage) or sorcs for (lightning hybrid/heals) or even snipers who can spec 2 viable trees but jugs are the one class that can fill 2 different roles, tank and DPS which is great for maps like huttball and voidstar.

Assassins as well but most teams would be better off with jug DPS vs assassin DPS. And being an assassin sucks in rated because there's rarely more than one and you will get stuck guarding nodes.

JustinxDuff
01.29.2013 , 11:31 AM | #6
jugg or pt.

pick your fotm
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

ArchangelLBC
01.29.2013 , 11:32 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
In my opinion Jugs are the most viable class in game right now.

The only class that has more than one viable role. Some have multiple specs that can be used like marauder (carnage/rage) or sorcs for (lightning hybrid/heals) or even snipers who can spec 2 viable trees but jugs are the one class that can fill 2 different roles, tank and DPS which is great for maps like huttball and voidstar.

Assassins as well but most teams would be better off with jug DPS vs assassin DPS. And being an assassin sucks in rated because there's rarely more than one and you will get stuck guarding nodes.
Sadly this is mostly true. I don't necessarily think shadow DPS is worse than Guardian DPS, though it's not as easy to get the consistently high numbers, but the real issue is that shadows are the undisputed best class for solo guarding, so that's where your shadow ends up going while everyone else gets to have fun.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

TrueEquality
01.29.2013 , 11:46 AM | #8
sometimes the solo guarding action is alot more foon than the aoe fest going on at other parts of the map
Compassion: Shadow, Forall: Sage, Equality: Scoundrel, Evolving: Guardian, Coincidence: Commando, Circumstance: Marauder, Necessities: Powertech, Persist: Sniper, Gowiththeflow: Sorcerer, Lovenothate: Assassin, Irrepressible: Juggernaut

ArchangelLBC
01.29.2013 , 11:54 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TrueEquality View Post
sometimes the solo guarding action is alot more foon than the aoe fest going on at other parts of the map
Yep, and sometimes you get a WZ win with no stats but goose eggs.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

ExpectWar
01.29.2013 , 12:36 PM | #10
Great replies guys. Thanks!
Bobbybimbo - The Bastion